News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: MOTHER 2 DELUXE v2.0 (Earthbound hack)  (Read 3250 times)

Messianic

• View Profile
MOTHER 2 DELUXE v2.0 (Earthbound hack)
« on: November 07, 2021, 07:08:01 pm »
Hey there, Messianic here, the creator of the Earthbound ROMhack Mother 2 Deluxe.

I have neglected to update the M2DX patch here to the current version of 2.0 released this past February, and saw that the VERY old 1.31 was still here from like 6 years ago. I am correcting that now and opening up this topic for discussion as I am working on a 2.022 version due next year.

I am much more active on Discord, so if you have it, feel free to jump on the PKHack Discord at https://discord.gg/D3PdXjeBcj and then scroll down to the PROJECT CHANNELS and you will see mother-2-deluxe.

Link to the hack: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2518/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 04:06:10 pm by Messianic »

break

• Teaching the unteachable
    • View Profile
    • breaktube's youtube account
Re: MOTHER 2 DELUXE v2.0 (Earthbound hack)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 08:13:52 pm »
Awesome, really happy to see the project page updated !
Looking forward to next year's update.
The Discord has shown off a lot of interesting stuff  ^_^"
Again, thanks for adding lots of cool things to this game.

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

eyeballkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 04:57:24 am »
Read only the changelog and didn't try the hack (yet). It sounds like a version that does not alter the difficulty too much, but gives all the cool new features would be very nice to have. Is there a chance that branching out into two patches would be possible? I guess it's mainly a question about the state of the hacking tools, and whether they allow to change these aspects separately but combinable, or not :)

Messianic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 08:21:33 pm »
The difficulty changes are very intertwined with a lot of other changes, such as PSI costs and when you learn them, enemy groups configurations, and the like. It would be extremely difficult for me to try to separate all that out as a stand alone patch.

The good news for you is one of the features that is already DONE for the next version is the ability to select GAME DIFFICULTY from the file menu (which also means you can load up an sram save to make things harder or easier), complete with a fully functional EASY MODE which is much closer to vanilla EB’s difficulty level. There will also be a HARD MODE for the (very) few who after beating this hack may want an extra challenge. Here’s a breakdown of what the difficulty modes actually do:

Normal: Standard difficulty for the hack.
Easy: Enemies damage is decreased in almost all circumstances, they will no longer use their most devastating attacks at all. Your Places auto-upgrading is disabled. HP/PP meters roll down slower.
Hard: Same as Normal except HP/PP meters roll down fast, and items are 2x as expensive!

ZE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 09:45:16 pm »
geez the only thing missing from this is steam achievements lol

taikyoku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 06:02:34 pm »
Would you be opposed to making older versions available somewhere? Kinda sucks that v1.31, which had been around forever, is now just... gone.

Messianic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 10:07:38 pm »
Older versions are super imbalanced and are lacking many features. I have no reason to keep those available. Why would you want that around anyway?