Seiken Densetsu 3 Three Player Hack not working?

Started by SpicySalsa, May 09, 2020, 11:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpicySalsa

So I have tried a lot of stuff. I asked on any site I could find related to the rom. Reddit, tumblr.

I just cannot get this patch to work.

I added a header using Snestuff
I used The Trials of Mana rom
I used the Seiken Densetsu 3 english patch rom
I tried the non english patch seiken densetsu 3
I tried patching the english patch myself and then putting the hack
I tried hack first and then english patch.

Nothing, nada.
It seems I can't get any answers since this game is super old and anyone who asked it about was years ago. I figured I'd try the posting on the actual site of the rom hack to hopefully get some help. If anyone could help or actually does have a working 3 player seiken densetsu 3.

It would be immensely appreciated.
My little siblings and I really want to play this game

Thank you

Jorpho

A link to the hack page would be useful for starters.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/179/

Quote from: SpicySalsa on May 09, 2020, 11:15:38 AMNothing, nada.
Meaning what, exactly? Does the game not boot up at all after you patch it? Or does it work, but you can't get the 3-player mode to work?  And what emulator are you using? Or are you trying this on a real SNES?

Details, details.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

hmsong

Just google "Seiken Densetsu 3 rom 3-player".  One of the first two links has the site with the prepatched 3-player rom.  Problem solved.

Jorpho

Thanks for the bump, I guess..?

Quote from: hmsong on November 06, 2021, 06:34:04 PMProblem solved.
Well, it doesn't really solve the problem that there's a patch on the site that people might not be able to use.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

phonymike

Just tried it, works fine.

There's no reason to have a header on your SNES ROM unless you use an ancient backup unit. Then we could just tell everyone to remove the header before patching. Even after patching this SD3 three player patch, you can remove the header afterwards.

Using Hasher-js is very helpful. It shows this information:
ROM:
Format         SNES ROM image (headered)
External Header Yes
File size 4194816 ($400200)
Rom size 4194304 ($400000)

All hashes:
File CRC32 EF8DC037
ROM CRC32 863ED0B8

If we're going to dig up the dead we might as well learn something  :o