Time for another NES translation project. This time, it's the game called "the Lord of King". (Released in English as "Astyanax".)
I already dumped the script and it's ready for translation. (As of now, I have a preliminary script that I had TLed using 10ten, DeepL, and Google Translator. (Again, please don't hold that against me.) There may be translation errors, so I need someone to go over the script to see if there are any errors that need to be looked into.
Strangely, from what I can tell, the names of the characters were changed.
Astyanax = Roche
Princess Rosebud = Princess Thompson
Blackhorn = McMahon
Thorndog = Big Mage Lich
Cutie is still the same between both versions of the game.
Also, the game takes place in the magical land of Remlia. (When I put the katakana that was supposed to read that, it spit out "Lemuria". I wanted to change Remlia to Lemuria in-game. While I did find the names of area locations in the ROM and changed Remlia to Lemuria, when the game displays stage clears, the name is displayed, surprisingly as "Remlia". Furthermore, I couldn't find the word "CLEAR" anywhere in the ROM. For now, the name "Remlia" will have to stick until there's a way that "Lemuria" can be displayed in stage clear displays. I can only assume someone with ASM wizardry can take care of that.)
All that's left is to find the untranslated text that displays Cutie's power-up options. (When Cutie appears to offer a choice of powerups.)