News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Rebuilding A Saturn BIN/CUE after translation patch? "Dragon Force II"  (Read 691 times)

PhyChris

• View Profile
I am trying to 'rebuild' the BIN/CUE for Dragon Force II after the translation patch but the ReadMe has no info and only shows one how to extract the data track, patch and play that.
The recent Saturn Tribute Emulator discovery on Switch is picky on its disc images and likes stuff done right.
Any ideas?   

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilding A Saturn BIN/CUE after translation patch? "Dragon Force II"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 07:48:31 pm »
A link would be useful:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1622/

So, you need to combine the patched data track with the audio tracks from the disc? Or are there no audio tracks at all?

The readme says:
Code: [Select]
*Load up Track 01.iso in Daemon Tools, and direct SSF to your Daemon Tools
 virtual drive in SSF's Options menu.

If everything works in Daemon Tools, then you can just direct imgburn (or whatever disc image tool you're using) to the virtual Daemon Tools drive and rip it again to bin/cue.

This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

PhyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 02:16:55 am »
thanks for the quick reply!
Yes that is the patch and Yes, I need to recombine the Patched data track back with the dumped audio track into a bootable single-session two track disc. but the data track size increases after the translation patch :( 

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 10:12:57 am »
but the data track size increases after the translation patch :( 
That shouldn't matter, in theory. Does Daemon Tools not work? (I admit that does sound a little weird.)

If you rip the audio track separately, it looks like you should be able to recombine it with the patched .iso using CDmage.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

PhyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 05:15:01 pm »
Got it working!
What I have learned.
The original disc has two tracks track 1 data and track 2 audio. The audio track is not touched by the game and is a Japanese 'insert in Saturn system' message. There is no need to be fancy and re-add the audio track to the Patch result, the single data track is fine.
You will end with a MODE1/2352 disc image even if during the patching proses it shows as MODE1/2048 at some point? lol
my resulting .cue

FILE "image.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Note: There is a bug in SSF and resulting Saturn Tribute Emulator where a large troop size will 'Black Screen' the game during battle load. there are settings in the .ini that will help. looking into that now.

Thanks Jorpho!