News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Paprium  (Read 1160 times)

Felipefpl

• View Profile
Paprium
« on: October 25, 2021, 02:44:56 pm »
A game from the same devs from Pier Solar and The Great Architects is on kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/paprium-the-16-bit-beat-them-all-coming-to-the-next-gen/

They are almost there and pier solar is one add-on you can get.
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win10 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

dshadoff

• View Profile
    • Homepage (really old)
Re: Paprium
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 03:37:30 pm »
There seems to be a lot of controversy on this game.  I can't speak from experience as I didn't order the last crowdfunding... but a lot of people tell me that they weren't happy with the overall handling of the project (and some apparently don't have theirs yet).

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 07:13:26 pm »
Paprium is on crowdfunding again?

The game gear version sounds pretty neat (though I wonder why not just give us a master system option too), but there's still the 16bit versions on the addons even though some didn't even get their own copy yet.  That is just wrong, and I can't trust Watermelon as far as I can throw them at this point.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 01:48:28 pm by Chronosplit »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:01:46 am »
There seems to be a lot of controversy on this game.  I can't speak from experience as I didn't order the last crowdfunding... but a lot of people tell me that they weren't happy with the overall handling of the project (and some apparently don't have theirs yet).

THE LOCUSTS!

Just checking Watermelon's site again, it still has the same relatively vague rants its had since 2017 complaining about "the locusts who wanted us to fail" without exactly explaining what they're talking about.
I don't know if it's about people deliberately ordering and canceling games just to mess with them, or if it is people who just don't really like having their money tied up in a purchase that Watermelon it seems left some people waiting up to seven years to get fulfilled.
Not a very trustworthy business model, but hey apparently if even a PROFESSIONAL company like Infogrammes (sorry, "Atari") can pull something similar off with that VCS thing and maybe somehow not get sunk by it, SURE!
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Felipefpl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:14:05 pm »

Strange, from what i saw in the comments ppl dont seem to be complaining. Luckly the game was funded.  :)
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win10 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000 Onboard

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 01:45:59 pm »
Strange, from what i saw in the comments ppl dont seem to be complaining. Luckly the game was funded.  :)
The story is an 8 years long one (actually more like 9+ thanks to this kickstarter), but scattershot for reasons that would appear evident when you see what went on.  The most comprehensive cover I've seen was this timestamped Game Sack video link as other games are also on there, and it's still pretty foggy as to what happened to all that moolah.  He also did a review of it when he finally got it too (which is by the way, also must-watch material before donating so you can see what you get as there's no emulation of it yet last I checked).

There's also a whole three part documentary about it elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 04:08:38 pm by Chronosplit »

dshadoff

• View Profile
    • Homepage (really old)
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 05:09:12 pm »

Yeah, seems like different people (and a different funding site).  There are people who never got their game from the last funding (I know one, but I am not one).  I think people in general want to support new development, but from what I've read this is not something you fund, and then receive as per the original schedule.  So, people tend not to want to support a second time... but apparently there are always new people.