Seiken Densetsu 3 (aka Trials of Mana) Hacks Discussion

Started by hmsong, October 22, 2021, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmsong

Quote from: Jello_Snake on August 13, 2022, 10:01:52 AMWill any of these work with the MSU1 hack?

I didn't know there was MSU1 hack for this, so I have no idea.  Having said that, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

lexluthermiester

Quote from: Jello_Snake on August 13, 2022, 10:01:52 AMWill any of these work with the MSU1 hack?
Quote from: hmsong on August 13, 2022, 07:16:40 PMI didn't know there was MSU1 hack for this, so I have no idea.  Having said that, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
While tedious, the best way to find out would be to test them all one by one.

hmsong

Say, do any of you want increased treasure chest drop rate hack?  Not the rate of rare items within the treasure chest, but the treasure chest drop rate.  Praetarius5018 taught me that, and I can put it in on of my hacks (ex: Better Monster), just like what I did with No Skill Counter.  The question is, should I?  The vanilla drop rate is 33%, and praetarius5018 has a separate patch that makes that into 100%, and he taught me how to make it into 50%.

If not enough people wants it, then I'm not gonna do it.  And no, it's not gonna be a stand-alone, since it's not mine.

Cool Dude

Trying to apply the no grind patch 1.7 but it says not compatible checksum with the following ROMs:

Trials of Mana (World) (Collection of Mana).sfc

Trials of Mana (World) (Beta) (Collection of Mana, 2019-04-02).sfc

Trials of Mana (World) (Rev 1) (Collection of Mana).sfc

That's all I could find. What gives?
A Cool Dude™

hmsong

It's possible that the rom you have is Headered.  I specified that it has to be Unheadered.  If you're not sure that the roms you have are unheadered, then try the patch and see if the effect works -- start a new game (other than Duran/Lise, as they both start with a battle), then see if the Next Level Exp is 15.  If it's bigger than that, then it's probably headered, and you need to find another rom, or you need to remove the headered part.

Nintenja

Are the instant casts and always chest patches included in the praetorius bug fix patch folder compatible with official Trials of Mana rom?I know the bugfix patch is not but its not fully specified whether optional patches are..also if they are compatible with the official Trials of Mana rom can I apply them after applying other patches or must they be applied first like the bugfix patch? Thank you for reply.

praetarius5018

The instant cast is not compatible, it modifies routines I've added.
Unsure about the 100% chest rate. It just changes one value that already existed but it might have been moved in the ToM version.

Nintenja

I was kinda thinking 100 percent chests may be a little too unbalanced anyways..thanks for the reply. Im currently testing every hack in this list besides the drum audio changing one...all pqtched on the trials of mana rom..but with msu1 patched in as well.

SimplyDanny

Has anyone ever bothered fixing the Ghost Ship bug in the 3-player hack?
Hey there

hmsong

Quote from: SimplyDanny on September 07, 2022, 08:14:39 PMHas anyone ever bothered fixing the Ghost Ship bug in the 3-player hack?

I don't think anyone knows how to fix it.  Either that, or it's too much trouble.

I heard that there's some sort of bug saving in the Ghost Ship (w/ or w/o 3p hack), but I was unable to reproduce it.

praetarius5018

Quote from: hmsong on September 08, 2022, 03:18:24 AMI heard that there's some sort of bug saving in the Ghost Ship (w/ or w/o 3p hack), but I was unable to reproduce it.
I had bugs there often.
1) Trigger the event that removes one of the party members, go back to the sleeping room, save, reload -> save file corrupt or instantly crashes

2) Trigger the even with a specific configuration (don't recall the details) where player 1 controls the char that gets removed and the other 2 chars are occupied by other players so his controls have nowhere to go -> game goes barf as well.


I think 2 is the only reason why they disabled 3p coop. It was just 1 or 2 bytes that had to be changed to get it working again, so it was disabled on purpose.

But imo the better workaround would've been skipping the split the party section.

hmsong

Quote from: praetarius5018 on September 08, 2022, 03:25:09 AMI had bugs there often.
1) Trigger the event that removes one of the party members, go back to the sleeping room, save, reload -> save file corrupt or instantly crashes

Hmm.  I tried that, but it's not crashing.  Did the event that lost me a member, went back to the sleeping room, slept (to prompt save), saved, then I reset to reload, then reloaded, and it's working fine.  I guess I'm just lucky.  Or my current members bypassed the bug (Duran, Angela, Kevin -- lost Duran).

soul_knight

It sure has been a while.  Not much update recently I see.  Ideas are hard, and even harder to apply.  Still, I hope the bugfix patch gets updated with at least some of the requests (melee counter being #1, at least with weaker MT techs for monsters).

Do any bosses drop chest?  I know the 2nd fight with Machine Golem can drop chest, but I don't know about any other bosses.

Nintenja

Quote from: hmsong on September 09, 2022, 06:11:46 PMHmm.  I tried that, but it's not crashing.  Did the event that lost me a member, went back to the sleeping room, slept (to prompt save), saved, then I reset to reload, then reloaded, and it's working fine.  I guess I'm just lucky.  Or my current members bypassed the bug (Duran, Angela, Kevin -- lost Duran).

Not related to this post but i sent you a private msg about a project including these hacks that im feeling a great passion for.im not sure how flooded your inbox might get so im just bringing attention to it so i dont get lost in your inbox..its all explained in the msg. Thank you for your work on these hacks.

hmsong

Quote from: Nintenja on September 26, 2022, 09:20:24 AMNot related to this post but i sent you a private msg about a project including these hacks that im feeling a great passion for.im not sure how flooded your inbox might get so im just bringing attention to it so i dont get lost in your inbox..its all explained in the msg. Thank you for your work on these hacks.

RHDN didn't send me any message indicating that I got something in my box.  Damn RHDN.  Sorry for not replying sooner.  In any case, I msged you back just now.

Nintenja

Quote from: hmsong on September 26, 2022, 10:28:35 AMRHDN didn't send me any message indicating that I got something in my box.  Damn RHDN.  Sorry for not replying sooner.  In any case, I msged you back just now.

Thanks alot for allowing me this. I'm working on it as we speak!

Nintenja


lexluthermiester

Quote from: hmsong on September 26, 2022, 10:28:35 AMRHDN didn't send me any message indicating that I got something in my box.  Damn RHDN.  Sorry for not replying sooner.  In any case, I msged you back just now.
That's not actually our fault. We'd do per-instance notifications but we've had issues with our emails ending up being sorted as spam or blocked outright. So users now get only one notification email per thread update and then not again until they visit the thread.

hmsong

Quote from: lexluthermiester on September 26, 2022, 08:36:07 PMThat's not actually our fault. We'd do per-instance notifications but we've had issues with our emails ending up being sorted as spam or blocked outright. So users now get only one notification email per thread update and then not again until they visit the thread.

Hmm.  But I'm pretty sure I visited multiple times to this thread (just to check).  And I just got a msg in my mailbox, so I know it's not being blocked.  Weird.