News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy III Tweaks

Started by T92, May 25, 2022, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T92

A new poll it's out!
You'll help me a lot by voting it, I'm waiting for 10 users to vote for the next poll.

:woot!:  :thumbsup:  :angel: :thumbsup: :woot!:

lexluthermiester

Voted. I think that would be a good idea.

T92

Red Soul

I also believe it would be good to have battle items be stronger to lessen reliance on magic somewhat.

Lumiere

Improving battle items would be good. I know Southwind appears early on but, overall battle items are usually the best before the tier of spell that outclasses them becomes common. They shouldn't replace spell use but, being able to not have to dedicate a character to being a Black Mage/Magus for commited black magic use would be good. I believe the Red Mage learns charges slower so a party with a Red Mage would find some use out of them.

Also I don't know if you've touched the Evoker versions of summons but, I believe only the Evoker can use them and they're a bit iffy. Especially Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut's effects. Odin is party-wide Reflect(why?) or single target damage(okay?), Leviathan is a chance to petrify all enemies or Wind damage and Bahamut is a party-wide Haste(not bad) or a chance to instant kill something(wha?) I don't know if they're meant to be end-game or not but, it's an interesting subsection of magic that gets shoved aside as soon as the Summoner & Sage appear

T92

Quote from: Lumiere on January 23, 2023, 03:55:31 PMAlso I don't know if you've touched the Evoker versions of summons but, I believe only the Evoker can use them and they're a bit iffy. Especially Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut's effects. Odin is party-wide Reflect(why?) or single target damage(okay?), Leviathan is a chance to petrify all enemies or Wind damage and Bahamut is a party-wide Haste(not bad) or a chance to instant kill something(wha?) I don't know if they're meant to be end-game or not but, it's an interesting subsection of magic that gets shoved aside as soon as the Summoner & Sage appear
I also noticed Evoker's summons are quite weak, I'll try to buff them later to at least make them useful.
 :thumbsup:  :angel:  :thumbsup:

ArkthePieKing

I haven't read through all 7 pages of discussion here, but I would love for Red Mages to be good past the beginning. Red Mage is my favorite FF job (I even have a tattoo of one!) so them falling off so early always makes me sad.

T92

Quote from: ArkthePieKing on January 24, 2023, 04:28:31 PMI haven't read through all 7 pages of discussion here, but I would love for Red Mages to be good past the beginning. Red Mage is my favorite FF job (I even have a tattoo of one!) so them falling off so early always makes me sad.
I'll try to extend the time the Red Mage is useful as long as I can.
 :thumbsup:  :angel:  :thumbsup:

Lumiere

To be honest the Red Mage has a replacement for the most part, it's called the Sage. You lose out on equipment choices compared to the Red Mage but, it's statistically better than the Red Mage

All five of the base classes get a upgrade eventually.
Warrior gets replaced by multiple classes
Monk has the Black Belt
White Mage has Devout
Black Mage has Magus
Red Mage has Sage

ArkthePieKing

Quote from: Lumiere on Today at 12:52:02 AMTo be honest the Red Mage has a replacement for the most part, it's called the Sage. You lose out on equipment choices compared to the Red Mage but, it's statistically better than the Red Mage

All five of the base classes get a upgrade eventually.
Warrior gets replaced by multiple classes
Monk has the Black Belt
White Mage has Devout
Black Mage has Magus
Red Mage has Sage

Sort of, but it's not the same vibe imo. Red Mage being able to also use weapons competently is, imo, part of the core identity. It can do everything in exchange for not excelling at anything. Sages give up the physical prowess for more magical ability. When I want to use an all around character, I really want the all part of it.