News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: The star of the Algo System shines with a new intensity  (Read 2147 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: vikfield

Phantasy Star Makeover is sprite modification for the Sega Master System's Phantasy Star. It redesigns a lot of the game sprites with newer ones inspired by the art style of the PlayStation 2 remake. This project includes the previous Phantasy Star CSI, that is in fact a sprite modification for the main characters. This mod is compatible with other hacks for this game. You can check out some translation hacks like the Brazilian Portuguese one by mad-dentist, that is already using a previous version of this project. This wonderful game never get old, but if you want to give it a new look, then you can try this hack.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The star of the Algo System shines with a new intensity
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 04:48:47 am »
I like this hack of the game, but I wish I could use it in concert with the re-translation patch.  I had tried using this on top of the re-translated patched ROM, and it didn't work.  I patch the JPN Phantasy Star ROM with this patch and later the retranslation patch.  The ROM worked, but the buildings were reverted to their original sprites.

Is it possible that a version of the PSM patch will work alongside the re-translation?  Or am I doing something wrong?   :huh:

vikfield

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 12:24:52 pm »
I like this hack of the game, but I wish I could use it in concert with the re-translation patch.  I had tried using this on top of the re-translated patched ROM, and it didn't work.  I patch the JPN Phantasy Star ROM with this patch and later the retranslation patch.  The ROM worked, but the buildings were reverted to their original sprites.

Is it possible that a version of the PSM patch will work alongside the re-translation?  Or am I doing something wrong?   :huh:

Hi friend. At the moment this version is not 100% compatible with the English translation  :(. But don't worry, there are still many sprites to change, which means that there will be new updates soon with more improvements and compatibility fixes  :thumbsup:.
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 10:00:03 am »
Any plans to do PS IV?

vikfield

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 12:06:46 pm »
Any plans to do PS IV?

No, I don't have any plans for PS IV, actually. i feel PS IV is almost perfect for my personal taste, so I would not know what to change with my limited skills, but thanks for ask  :thumbsup:.
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

Bonk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 05:33:12 am »
Really hope you can get this compatible with the translation patch eventually! It looks fantastic! Instantly recognizable new sprites for the main characters!

vikfield

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 02:27:01 pm »
Really hope you can get this compatible with the translation patch eventually! It looks fantastic! Instantly recognizable new sprites for the main characters!

Thanks! i would do my best  :thumbsup:
Rock & Roll, chummers!!

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 04:38:50 am »
No, I don't have any plans for PS IV, actually. i feel PS IV is almost perfect for my personal taste, so I would not know what to change with my limited skills, but thanks for ask  :thumbsup:.

I agree PS4 is very pleasing aesthetically, but you know, your great hack for PS1 brought it a lot closer in look and feel to the fourth, so it is great.

vikfield

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 05:27:40 pm »
I agree PS4 is very pleasing aesthetically, but you know, your great hack for PS1 brought it a lot closer in look and feel to the fourth, so it is great.

as always thanks buddy, the continue support of all of you make me try my best in my projects.  :beer:
Rock & Roll, chummers!!