News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins (Released!)  (Read 1791 times)

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins (Released!)
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:32:24 am »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/021tm6

I'm waiting for some translations for some Ushio & Tora files, and since I was bored, I thought of working on a quick edit on the infamous Makai-Mura a.k.a. Ghosts n' Goblins.  (Translated as "Demon World Village".)  What was done was a new title screen and cleaned up the "Engrish" at the end.  Anyway, I could use a beta tester or two who has the sanity to complete this game and (hopefully) check how the ending looks.

You will need the Japanese ROM to use this patch with a CRC checksum of 8C3FE6FB with a header.  (File size is 131,088 bytes)  I can't tell you where to find the Japanese ROM.  You'll have to find it yourself.

P.S.:  This has NOT been tested on being patched on an English "Ghosts n' Goblins" ROM.  I don't know what will happen if you use this patch on a Ghosts n Goblins NES ROM instead of a Makai-Mura ROM.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 09:53:48 pm by BlackPaladin »

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 01:34:33 pm »
I can do a play through if anything, as a matter of fact I'll do it tonight after dinner.  :thumbsup:

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 03:48:45 pm »
I can do a playthrough if anything, as a matter of fact, I'll do it tonight after dinner.  :thumbsup:
Awesome, ty!  Please let me know what you think.  :)

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 04:06:06 pm »
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7wkqof

I made an update to my Makai-Mura game patch.  Aside from the new title screen, I finally fixed up all the "Engrish" in the fake and real endings.  (Screenshots above are what I typed up.)

As of now, I have one beta tester looking over this.  (Thanks, Googie!)  More would be welcome. 

I'm hoping I can get this out, officially, in time for Halloween. 

P.S.:  Patch is in two formats. (IPS and BPS)  Both patches are identical to each other and one or the other can be used on the Japanese ROM.

P.P.S.:  This patch has STILL not been tested on the English ROM. (Ghosts n' Goblins)

minucce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 09:27:35 pm »
Was asked to give this game a quick lookthrough, which I did. bps works but ips makes no changes to Japan file.

+ + + +

Playthrough looked fine to me. Applied bps to usa rom and got this

+ + +

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 10:04:40 pm »
At least, we all know what happens when this patch is applied to the US Ghosts n' Goblins ROM.  Thanks for doing that experiment.

I did put together another quick conjuring of the patch, and I'm sure the IPS will change the Makai-Mura ROM this time.  (I tested it to be sure.)  I think I'll make IPS and BPS patches for the US English ROMs as well.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ja4eir

lan-vuhoang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 03:28:23 am »
Was asked to give this game a quick lookthrough, which I did. bps works but ips makes no changes to Japan file.

+ + + +

Playthrough looked fine to me. Applied bps to usa rom and got this

+ + +
If you ignore the glitched title and ' play' then actually, this patch worked perfectly on the US rom.

minucce

• View Profile
Re: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins (Released!)
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 09:10:31 am »
If you ignore the glitched title and ' play' then actually, this patch worked perfectly on the US rom.

I did full playthroughs of both Japan and USA during beta testing to meet the Halloween deadline. The two glitched screens of USA (1 title, 1 ending) were all I noticed and what I reported (images).

BlackPaladin already made the final release on-site.
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6341/

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
Re: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins (Released!)
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 10:03:35 am »
I did full playthroughs of both Japan and USA during beta testing to meet the Halloween deadline. The two glitched screens of USA (1 title, 1 ending) were all I noticed and what I reported (images).

BlackPaladin already made the final release on-site.
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6341/

Thanks again for beta-testing, BTW.  ;)

That report was what made me decide to release four versions of the patch:  two patches (IPS & BPS) for the JPN ROM and two patches (IPS & BPS) for the US ROM.

I hope everyone liked this little project of mine.  :)