News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Splatterhouse - Wanpaku Graffiti Redux Project  (Read 657 times)

Jack_Vincent13

• View Profile
Splatterhouse - Wanpaku Graffiti Redux Project
« on: November 01, 2021, 11:12:11 am »

Hello, Shout out to all those Splatterhouse lovers out there!

So I have been working on a graphics overhaul and redux for Spatterhouse - Wanpaku Graffiti, on and off ish, but I'm really happy with the work I've done so far. I'm looking for anyone really interested in such a project, may it be a coder, for some technical hiccups I have been having. An artist like myself, to help add to the over all flair and atmosphere; as I am trying very hard to STAY with the original style of the game but give it quality touch ups. My overall goal is to improve palettes and palette swaps and improve sprites where needed, but I am completely open to suggestions and ideas. Depending on interest in the project, more may happen as well. We shall see.

P.S.  This is something I've worked on for a while. My request is open ended, based on interest.
Anyone interested in joining this project can PM me or reply to this post, whichever you prefer.
Also anyone who would like an .ips with my current progress, PM only.

Edited the banner on the Title Screen and replaced in game text with a edited version of "Addams Family Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt" font
("Splatterhouse" Title word by "Spinner8 and friends", apt to change)

Credit to Crying Onion for the Hanging Dead, slightly edited sprites from his Evil Dead hack.

My attempt at a never before seen, early "Fufufu" classic Dr. West

My Edits to the original Ghost enemies and the Shotgun

I also want to make a special Shout out to Crying Onion, rad member of this site, for inspiring me to start this hack and for all their help and insight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:13:04 pm by Jack_Vincent13 »