News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Contra: Remastered (Mesen Enhancement Pack)  (Read 6809 times)

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Re: Contra: Remastered (Mesen Enhancement Pack)
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2021, 03:50:53 pm »
Done - Credits now call out Henk specifically.

Nice. You did the right thing :thumbsup:

wow8szh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2021, 10:40:37 am »
That's really great work! Looking so so nice!

WingMantis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2021, 06:26:25 pm »
Ah, that one. Yes, it didn't really look to have traditional pixel graphics at first glace. But, I'll investigate a bit more for that entry in the series. And thanks :)

Contra Evolution looks terrible...

I prefer the Contra arcade graphics to Contra 4 (I do like the boss base and the rotary turrets though). Contra 3 is good too.

Consider clipping from the cover art from 'Double Hawk' on sega master system to use one the title screen, great knock-off of Arnold and Sly

ghettowario

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2021, 01:37:07 pm »
Done - Credits now call out Henk specifically.

I hope you reconsider coming back to this project.  On your YouTube channel you mentioned that you have since moved on to something else.  If that is still the case and you don't ever intend on working on the other levels of this beloved game, would you at least consider sharing the raw work you have already accomplished in the hopes that someone else could pick up where you left off?

Aclectico

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 09:48:52 am »
I hope you reconsider coming back to this project.  On your YouTube channel you mentioned that you have since moved on to something else.  If that is still the case and you don't ever intend on working on the other levels of this beloved game, would you at least consider sharing the raw work you have already accomplished in the hopes that someone else could pick up where you left off?

Source and WIP files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DEIdHCUMBUa_unfGZjuyroaxYc1P2ra5/view?usp=sharing

I should emphasize that a very large amount of assets in the Zip file are not original work (as is the case with many of these packs). For example, all of the research images contained in the "snow" folder is the work of others obtained via a Google search. A snow level is not complete. However, that artwork could be helpful for research and inspiration purposes. These projects are merely for fun, and no monetary gain should be realized from any of these packs.