News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Zelda 2 - Ocarina of Time (NES ROM hack)  (Read 2750 times)

Miralupa

• View Profile
Zelda 2 - Ocarina of Time (NES ROM hack)
« on: October 04, 2021, 05:07:19 am »
Hi. I have been working on a Zelda 2 adaptation of Ocarina of Time, one that has turned out more z2 than OoT. The hack is fully playable and has been tested by a handful of people.

My main problem is the pixel art I have made is not very good and other pixel art beyond what I have attempted would greatly enhance the feeling of the hack. I could use the help of any interested artists. I am also seeking collaboration with artists, composers or designers on future Zelda 2 hacks.

If anyone is interested, I can be contacted on rmhdn, z2s, z2r, or nesdev discord.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:40:58 pm by Miralupa »

Flaviogames

• View Profile
Re: Zelda 2 - Ocarina of Time (NES ROM hack)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:27:23 pm »
post hack pictures

nanashi89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:44:09 pm »
Pics, please?

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:09:45 am »
Hi. I have been working on a Zelda 2 adaptation of Ocarina of Time, one that has turned out more z2 than OoT. The hack is fully playable and has been tested by a handful of people.

My main problem is the pixel art I have made is not very good and other pixel art beyond what I have attempted would greatly enhance the feeling of the hack. I could use the help of any interested artists. I am also seeking collaboration with artists, composers or designers on future Zelda 2 hacks.

If anyone is interested, I can be contacted on rmhdn, z2s, z2r, or nesdev discord.

Don't be so hard on yourself, man. I think your pixel art looks just fine.
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man (Game Gear) > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

Trax

• RHDN Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 01:45:46 am »
That's an interesting concept. I can recognize Kokiri Forest's tree, the entrance to Hyrule's Castle and what seems to be Lake Hylia. Obviously, the resolution of the Overworld is very low (originally 64 x 75), so you really have to approximate a lot. I think it's fine to have this thread as a delivery mechanism for updates and screenshots. So feel free to post here as the project progresses.

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 05:26:59 pm »
I think it's interesting that you chose Zelda 2.

In hindsight it makes some sense and Link is 'adult' and there's towns.

nek10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 04:08:14 am »
Maravilloso, a la espera de poder probar la rom.

GTM604

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 09:39:16 pm »
I think the graphics you have shown while not many are very good. Working on 8 bit nes graphics is very challenging. Can't wait to play this. I agree with your assessment that the graphics really need to be fully changed to really set off a concept such as this. 

hdofu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 06:29:38 pm »
Definitely interested in this hack cant find you at any of the places you are saying you'll be though, hoping this isn't just vaporware.