News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman Japanese style project.  (Read 49626 times)

kuja killer

• View Profile
Re: Megaman Japanese style project.
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2021, 02:27:17 am »
Yea if you'd like to then, that's cool. go for it. :) I don't know what the deal is with the reviews saying that things were broken with your patch, i did not check the hack myself to see what was wrong. (your title screen one)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2021, 09:25:15 am »
Yea if you'd like to then, that's cool. go for it. :) I don't know what the deal is with the reviews saying that things were broken with your patch, i did not check the hack myself to see what was wrong. (your title screen one)

I actually just updated the original FlashPV hack, however it was later discovered that even this version was not up to date with the latest MM3 Improvent (in addition to having some bugs, I want to apologize to everyone for not testing correctly before I released it, sorry  :-[), but some people helped me to update it correctly and I was going to release it now, but you've updated yours before, now I'll see what I can do.
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2021, 04:45:49 pm »
Just noticed that the US X4-X6 logos don't have the red triangles behind the logos. Would be ideal if you could choose the generic tech logo background with the US style logos, or the Japanese style logos (updated with the triangles) over the full art background in X5 and X6.
X6 has that option already

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2021, 05:14:30 pm »
The problem with X4 is that the logo is animated and the animation with the full logo is exclusive to the Japanese version.

Also, all three games have also the logos in the intro FMVs which opens another can of worms.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2021, 10:06:39 am »
Yeah, plus it looks like it was cell shaded for the game anyway. There's no way to re-animate the logo in that way currently.

papermanzero

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2021, 03:51:34 pm »
Just a question.
In MM3, MM4, MM5 and MM6 the borders on the NES show garbage (graphics shuffled) because of the overscan.
The question is if it is possible to resolve the issue in order to display clean graphics.
Maybe an update of the mapper can help.

SuxMenner

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2021, 04:57:44 pm »
Oh yeah this is a good chance to notify you guys about this Mega Man 4 full SNES port with MSU-1 support.
It features the western logo instead of something like the JP Style logo patch, which I've asked the creator if he'd be interested in doing an optional patch for but he's leaving it up to anyone who wants to make it.

MM4 SNES First Release post: https://twitter.com/infidelity_nes/status/1429259741000257545

Be sure to grab the Revision A update though!

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2021, 10:06:01 am »
Oh yeah this is a good chance to notify you guys about this Mega Man 4 full SNES port with MSU-1 support.
It features the western logo instead of something like the JP Style logo patch, which I've asked the creator if he'd be interested in doing an optional patch for but he's leaving it up to anyone who wants to make it.

MM4 SNES First Release post: https://twitter.com/infidelity_nes/status/1429259741000257545

Be sure to grab the Revision A update though!

I hope this helps a bit, the HEX adresses:

Can't advance any longer due to the "4" issue...

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2021, 07:59:56 am »
For some reason, the Rockman & Forte title has 23 colors. I don't know if it's due to using multiple layers (I haven't checked yet), but I downsized and color reduced the official logo (with some modifications) to an optimized, hand picked 23 color palette.

It's not done by any means, but it's just a start for now. It will need a lot of cleanup and manual tweaking, but I'm basically attempting to match the GBA logo.

Any news?

I could likely do all of those, it'd just take a bit of time to manually recreate all the logo variants. I could probably get all of them done today if I had to guess though.

Hope to see them soon.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2021, 10:50:35 pm »
Nothing yet. Been super busy, and I'll post when I've resumed work on it.

spotanjo3

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2021, 05:12:09 pm »
Nothing yet. Been super busy, and I'll post when I've resumed work on it.

Okay. Can't wait. :D

EricMagnefico

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2021, 03:58:13 am »
I'm already in love with the wonderful work you guys have done.

If and when Mega Man Powered Up gets worked on, would restoring Oil Man's JP colors be possible?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2021, 10:10:49 am »
It is possible to change his colors back to his original ones, but it will be tough finding the textures in the game's files.

I know swosho tried restoring them in his undub hack for Powered Up, but is having a hard time trying to find the textures in both versions.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 12:06:50 am by SCD »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 27, 2021, 09:15:08 pm »
I did see the Oil Man textures at the Textures Resource site. So maybe you can try there.