News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Proper English Translation for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6  (Read 2388 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: nzxth2

To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 for the Playstation Portable, September 22nd, a new English translation patch of the game has been released. This release is based on the previous English translation by Clickclaxer01 and features the following changes:

• The story events for all tier 1 & 2 characters have been retranslated. The original translation has been kept in places where it was already accurate.
  • The overworld dialogs of some characters have been revised. This includes all members of Team 5D's, as well as most non-duelist NPCs.
  • The names of a few characters have been changed: Fudo Yusei is now Yusei Fudo, the names of Bawnji, Syun and Yuma have been restored.
  • Alphabetical sorting in the deck editor has been fixed.
  • The translations of the Duelist Profiles in the List of Duelists have been replaced with the translations available on Yugipedia (except Crow's, which had to be translated from scratch).
  • The names and descriptions of all Booster Packs have received a complete retranslation.
  • The title screen has been restored and features a proper Credits splash screen.
  • The BGM has been restored to its original state.

Additionally, tools related to the translation have been made available on Github. Feel free to use them to start your own translation!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

omarrrio

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Proper English Translation for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 09:58:13 pm »
Bravooooo, seriously wouldn't have thought this will get picked up ever again, if you guys are aiming at tfsp, hit me up. As for the card order, it was always fixed i had no idea the released version had it messed up.

nzxth2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 09:59:32 am »
Hey, I didn't think I would ever hear from you again Omarrrio. We used to skype for a short time while you were working on TFSP over 5 years ago (when the XenoTranslations website was still around), but I wasn't really able to contribute at that time, so I doubt you remember me.

About that card sorting issue: You're right, it was fixed in the version that you guys released back in the day. But the later story translations failed to include the proper files that you had edited, so it was broken for a while. I ended up writing an EHP extractor & rebuilder and used that to extract the two required files from the cardinfo_jpn.ehp archive in your translated iso (which I had kept around, luckily) and inserted that into the cardinfo_jpn.ehp from my iso.

This reminds me of how I used to hex edit the prx modules to swap the english and japanese file names of some files when I first got into game hacking. You chewed me out for it back then, told me that it was not the proper way to do it and just a matter of time before I break something. A lot of time has passed since then, I learned how to analyze file formats and I acquired the skills to write the tools needed to properly edit those files. I didn't understand it back then, but I now realize that you were right.

As for TFSP: I don't have any plans for that game atm, I might pick it up in the future if no one else has started working on it by then.

omarrrio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 03:34:44 pm »
I do remember you, glad that my method actually helped you guys, can't wait to replay this with the proper translations, well i'll need all the help i can get for tfsp's story if your team is ever interested !