News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes  (Read 841389 times)

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
Re: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes
« Reply #3100 on: December 01, 2020, 02:59:34 am »
Patch this on top of the LTTP patch https://www.sendspace.com/file/1tf23q

thanks! it seems to be working now! you're really good at making these patches work  ;D
free sluffy

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: December 09, 2020, 02:07:52 pm »
I found this Super Ultra Baseball 2 prototype, and it runs on Canoe, but it has overscan issues. Is there any way to fix this?
free sluffy

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 15, 2021, 11:39:17 am »
Sorry to necromance this thread but it really seems like the most appropriate place to ask this.

So one of the biggest glitches that was attempted to be fixed was the touch fuzzy get dizzy background glitch in Yoshi's Island. I know the background glitch never got fixed, but when adding a rom of Yoshi's Island to my classic I noticed that the top row of pixels would flash, similar problem that FF Mystic Quest and Marvel Super Heroes had something to do with h-blank.

"Similar concept to Mystic Quest. Wait for h-blank and try to turn screen on in-time before next scanline begin"

This screen flickering occurs with both the 1.0 and 1.1 versions of the rom, as well as with a preset id or not, patches or no patches. Did anyone else notice this screen flickering on top row of pixels when using any Yoshi's Island rom? It seems like a problem that would have been patched in the early days of this thread, I'm just really surprised I can't find a canoe patch for it since there was such a push to fix the fuzzy background layer issue but no one brought this up.

Does anyone have a copy of a patch that fixes this screen flickering issue for Yoshi's Island? It's distracting enough for me that I rather play with the stock canoe rom with crying baby mario, than use an added rom with the crying removed but flickering present, and that says something lol.

Thanks for the help.

arkiokin

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 16, 2021, 07:51:13 pm »
It seems I've already heard your flickering issue when using another rom (than the one provided in stock) of Yoshi's island. I don't know why this issue is not present with the stock game (i.e, the use of a sligthly modified rom by nintendo ?), but you should try some things anyway :

- Firt, try the correct preset ID 123D (or 3D12 in old hakchi versions)
- Second, by chance, try to convert your rom with SFROM Tool (and also use 123D)
- Third, be sure you didn't have put a different core than canoe to launch your game. This flickering issue seems to be known with the use of snes9x until 1.43 version : probably retroarch + snes9x 2005 lead to this also.

RaoulJuke

• View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: September 02, 2021, 01:11:25 am »

Shift Yogi Bear 1px up/down. Not sure which way, since snes9x shows black for all 3.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/e9smf3 (yogi1a = should be winner)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/l18nm5 (yogi1b = glitches bsnes+)

Gday, can some cool dude please put up a link to a "Adventurs of Yogi Bear" SNES Rom that has been fixed (MOD: I'm sure you mean patch, no ROM links), so that it loads past the pre-start menu ?

Also, if anyone has a Batman - Revenge of the Joker that works, that would be swell. Can't get either to work
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 09:47:01 am by KingMike »

Bosco82

• View Profile