News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: HOW TO SET YOUR PLAN IN PRACTICING SKATEBOARDING?  (Read 573 times)

kattiegreen

• View Profile
HOW TO SET YOUR PLAN IN PRACTICING SKATEBOARDING?
« on: September 14, 2021, 09:15:46 am »
If you are able to set achievable goals and make up a decent plan to conquer a challenge in skateboarding, you can definitely succeed at any tricks. For the best progress in skateboarding, skaters are advised to jot down the list of tricks they want to learn and arrange in the ascending order of difficulty.

There are hundreds of tricks in skateboarding, but riders can divide them into three main categories: flatland tricks, freestyle tricks, and grinds according to SkateAdvisors - one of the most popular skating websites among skaters all around the world.

To save time, you can try to learn several tricks in different categories at the same time. However, you may need to dedicate your time and effort to training to achieve good results. A proper skating session should last for at least 30 minutes and learners had better spend some days in a week practicing alone rather than joining with their friends.

Setting your goals of which day you have to skateboard in a month and follow the schedule strictly is a great way to maintain your persistence. You should not misunderstand between a training session and a skating session in which you prefer doing what you like.

On the other hand, training too hard with a full-week schedule does worse than good things. Your body and your brain need time to get used to the abrupt changes and new physical demands; therefore, you can take a couple of days off per week to recover.

WHY  CAN'T WE LEARN AS QUICKLY AS WE DESIRE?

Without a good skating session, your progress won’t improve much through some fun ridings and you can not actually improve your skills by just cruising around without any challenges or obstacles.

The next factor that riders need to consider is the quality and efficiency of their training session. I myself had to do about 1680 kickflips within 6 months to be able to perform the tricks properly before knowing about the “practice session” technique. From my experience, skateboarders have to set a proper goal, make questions, and visualize to reduce their practicing time dramatically.

THE “PRACTICE SESSION” TECHNIQUE

First, skaters need to establish their own deadlines and focus on the trick they want to learn exclusively. Although I said about learning multiple tricks at the same time, that method won’t work for anyone without good learning ability.

By dedicating all your time and effort to learning a specific trick, you can conquer even the hardest tricks in skateboarding. Even though your body tends to forget what it has just learned once you move from a trick to a new one, the concentration you made beforehand can trigger the muscle memory and you can gain back your performance.

PREPARE YOUR TRAINING SESSIONS WELL

For the best skating session, riders need to equip themselves with decent skateboards and protective gear like knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, and helmets. How hard it is for you to learn to skateboard depends critically on how suitable your board is. Hence, newbies had better learn the way to choose the best skateboard for beginners at SkateAdvisors.

If you take a look at some videos on Youtube from professional riders, they always recommend skaters to do some preparations well before beginning their sessions. One of the first things you must do is to stretch properly to reduce the chance of getting severe injuries and build up flexibility, circulation, and balance. That is the reason why you are more likely to skate worse in winter than in summer where your muscles are much looser. Some dynamic stretches such as butt kickers, hops, skips, lungers, or high knee runs are highly recommended.

Now the step of visualizing your skating session may confuse the majority of skaters. However, all you need to do is relax your body after stretching and imagine the feeling of the skateboard under your feet. Simultaneously, figure out how you will handle the landing and how you are about to control or steer the board. Within the 5-minute visualization, riders would be able to know what they should do and what to avoid to perform the desired tricks.

After doing all these steps above, you are now confident to conquer any tricks. First, you need to remain focused and try over and over again, and don’t let the negative thoughts discourage you from learning a hard trick.

FINAL THOUGHT

Frustration is a must in learning to skateboard; however, with good preparation and dedication, you can learn to do a new trick in no time. Rather than skating for no purpose, riders should seriously establish a straining schedule and follow the goal strictly. Do not let some lazy days slow you down on your path to success with skateboarding. If you find it hard to follow your rules, you can have someone keep you on track so as not to skip any session.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 07:43:06 am by kattiegreen »

Sliver X

• der Wille zur Macht
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
Re: Help with emulating on mobile devices?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 01:30:34 pm »
Did you apply the IPS to a stock Metroid ROM, then zip compress it? Did you download a pre-patched version of the ROM, also in a zip file? If not, you're trying to run a zipped patch file, and not a ROM, so of course NES.emu is going to fail.

I used UniPatcher to apply IPS/BPS files when I absolutely couldn't get to a real computer to do so. I think you can even get the APK off this site, though it's also in the Play Store if I recall correctly.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Help with emulating on mobile devices?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 11:49:36 am »
UniPatcher is basically it these days outside of the online patcher.  Both are reliable.  Use RAR to extract files and as a simple file manager on top of it.

If you did it correctly and still nothing runs, it's also highly possible that the build NES.emu free is based on is quite old.  Broglia's been maintaining his apps for eons in mobile time, and the free apps always came from an unknown source.  I would not buy it just to figure out what happens (though his emulator ports are great, and the only sandalones I can really depend on outside of emus straight from the source as they tend to be the only ones that list the emulator's new version number in updates), but try something like RetroArch's FCEUmm core instead to rule out the emulator.