News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Ys III Renewal released!  (Read 1481 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Ys III Renewal released!
« on: September 10, 2021, 05:59:53 pm »

Update By: Plombo

After 15 months of development, Ys III Renewal has been released!

Ys III Renewal is a project that seeks to introduce a decent English script into Ys III: Wanderers from Ys. The text of the game has been fully edited, and in some places retranslated, to create the most readable and accurate English version of the game. All names have also been updated to match the modern localizations of the Ys series by XSEED and NIS America. In addition to all of that, it contains some graphical changes to make Ys III on Genesis look better while more closely resembling the X68000 version that it was originally ported from.

Enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Bonk

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Ys III Renewal released!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 12:37:57 am »
I have been thinking about playing my Genesis copy of this for a while. The case over the shelf feels like it has been calling to me.
Seeing this just makes me want to play it more. Thanks for all the hard work on this, this version is one of my favorites of Ys III.
Now I just need to actually get a flash cart so I can play it on real hardware.

angelusmortalis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 05:05:07 pm »
Any idea if this is compatible with the MSU-MD patch of Ys III? I’d love to use them together

Plombo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 07:14:25 pm »
Any idea if this is compatible with the MSU-MD patch of Ys III? I’d love to use them together

I don't know. I couldn't check for myself, since my flash cart isn't fancy enough to support MSU-MD. You might run into checksum issues, though, unless the MSU-MD patch disables the checksum calculation or something. If you try combining the patches and the game displays a black screen on startup, try using a Genesis checksum fixer program on the ROM.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:26:32 pm by Plombo »