Poll

Change background colors? Light blue to Dark blue

Sim
0 (0%)
Não
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: September 27, 2021, 06:48:11 pm

Author Topic: Bart Vs. the Space Mutants - NES - NEW SPRITES  (Read 2960 times)

raycastello1982

• View Profile
Bart Vs. the Space Mutants - NES - NEW SPRITES
« on: September 09, 2021, 11:16:23 am »

I'm thinking of making an alternate color version. The project is to change all sprites. The first phase is almost ready...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEoqlYjSXg

And Other NES project Bonus: TMNT 4 HACK WIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkftOa0xtUE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 07:02:55 pm by raycastello1982 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Bart Vs. the Space Mutants - NES - NEW SPRITES
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 12:30:00 pm »
Sadly, the image doesn't appear even when I copy the link to a new tab. Nice to know that someone else liked this game though. :)
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 12:45:32 pm »
You need to make sure you're selecting the correct link option, the one that allows hotlinking. I believe the link should end in the actual file extension, and not some random characters.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 01:32:28 pm »
It looks quite promising, although it would be great if you could add a minimal introduction or description to your project... :-\

On the other hand, I recommend you to activate before adding an illustration, is more intuitive, and after entering the link to your screenshot you can resize it in real time as follows:

You can also do it manually:
Code: [Select]
Changing this code:
[img](Link)[/img]

For something similar to the following:
[img height=347 width=396](Link)[/img] (Adjusting the proportions for each image)

Edit:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:20:21 pm by sics »
Linktree  | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 07:21:07 pm »
Thug life! ;) j/k

Are you planning to do this with the other NES Simpsons games?

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 10:09:39 pm »
I need to organize the topic. I haven't published anything here before, despite having several hack projects ready. Simpsons is practically ready now..

September 14, 2021, 10:10:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thug life! ;) j/k

Yes

September 14, 2021, 10:12:50 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It looks quite promising, although it would be great if you could add a minimal introduction or description to your project... :-\

On the other hand, I recommend you to activate before adding an illustration, is more intuitive, and after entering the link to your screenshot you can resize it in real time as follows:

You can also do it manually:
Code: [Select]
Changing this code:
[img][/img]

For something similar to the following:
[img height=347 width=396][/img] (Adjusting the proportions for each image)
I agree with you. Thanks, my friend! I need to learn how to publish on romhacking.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 02:39:11 pm »
[img][https://imgur.com/BfvPTMM/img]
https://i.imgur.com/LDsR4Oj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_Knv5FWQAEmQuD?format=png&name=360x360
Very good idea friend! I like it! :beer: I wish you the best, keep going ... the game needs graphic adjustments and in the jumps mainly! Cheers :woot!:

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 10:47:19 am »
Sadly, the image doesn't appear even when I copy the link to a new tab. Nice to know that someone else liked this game though. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEoqlYjSXg

September 17, 2021, 10:48:46 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Thug life! ;) j/k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkftOa0xtUE

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 06:52:38 pm »
will the gameplay be improved?

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 06:59:55 pm »
will the gameplay be improved?
Although I like the gameplay. I made a version with a higher jump. I'll check the speeds later

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 12:18:59 pm »
Although I like the gameplay. I made a version with a higher jump. I'll check the speeds later

As someone who has played this game many times over the years, one gameplay mechanic that always bothered me in all of the NES Simpsons games was jumping. Not so much the height/distance but the WAY you jump. Seems like "up" being jump would have been better than the developers needlessly attaching so many functions to the A/B buttons. Makes certain parts of the game unnecessarily difficult.

Regardless, I'm glad to see anyone working on this game and the graphical improvements do look nice. Some of the original designs looked a little bizarre to me, for lack of a better description. The original Bart looked kinda like viewing his face through a fun house mirror or something. LOL

Anyway, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 06:28:57 pm »
As someone who has played this game many times over the years, one gameplay mechanic that always bothered me in all of the NES Simpsons games was jumping. Not so much the height/distance but the WAY you jump. Seems like "up" being jump would have been better than the developers needlessly attaching so many functions to the A/B buttons. Makes certain parts of the game unnecessarily difficult.

Regardless, I'm glad to see anyone working on this game and the graphical improvements do look nice. Some of the original designs looked a little bizarre to me, for lack of a better description. The original Bart looked kinda like viewing his face through a fun house mirror or something. LOL

Anyway, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support! Beautiful words! I agree with most of what you said. After the graphics, maybe tinkering with something else.  :)

Flaviogames

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 08:08:03 pm »
improving the jump after finishing the graphics would be amazing, the difficulty of the game seems to be this horrible jump unfortunately :-\

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2021, 09:52:46 am »
improving the jump after finishing the graphics would be amazing, the difficulty of the game seems to be this horrible jump unfortunately :-\
How do you think Bart's jump should be? I think if the NES had an extra button it would be more practical to make some changes...

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 10:28:55 am »
I did some tests here, you can use the sprites from the Master System version as a base, the results were satisfactory! Success in your project!

Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 11:16:09 am »
BTW, I did the poll and the reason I chose "No" is because the dark blue looks like night/evening. The Space Mutant movie takes place at 2:00 and 4:00 PM. That is well before the sun goes down.

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 11:21:35 am »
I did some tests here, you can use the sprites from the Master System version as a base, the results were satisfactory! Success in your project!

It's nice! If you want to help us with the project. You could help convert the bosses...What do you think?

September 19, 2021, 11:23:03 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
BTW, I did the poll and the reason I chose "No" is because the dark blue looks like night/evening. The Space Mutant movie takes place at 2:00 and 4:00 PM. That is well before the sun goes down.

OK! Thanks for answering! Your opinion is important

September 19, 2021, 11:29:52 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Although in the game's introduction, the thing happens at night
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:29:52 am by raycastello1982 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 01:31:44 pm »
Although in the game's introduction, the thing happens at night.

True, but if you stand in front of the theater when the timer reaches 400 or 200 (4:00 and 2:00), someone will exit the theater if I remember correctly. That leads me to believe that the first level itself takes place in the afternoon. That's my interpretation of it anyway. :)

raycastello1982

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 02:00:12 pm »
True, but if you stand in front of the theater when the timer reaches 400 or 200 (4:00 and 2:00), someone will exit the theater if I remember correctly. That leads me to believe that the first level itself takes place in the afternoon. That's my interpretation of it anyway. :)
Yes, day...

September 19, 2021, 05:06:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

I'll follow what you asked and leave it daytime. Respecting originality and ogrinal plot
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 05:06:10 pm by raycastello1982 »