News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Revision [Project]  (Read 1577 times)

Phantron

• View Profile
Link's Awakening Revision [Project]
« on: September 08, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »
Hello, I've been working on the game (DX version) with the LALE editor, and I managed to change and improve the game as I had it in mind for the very most part. It has been almost a year ago that I had worked on it now :D

At first, I gonna list my changes:
- a lot of places in the overworld now have earlier accesses and additional shortcuts
- the 4 teleporters have all been placed somewhere else except the first one
- overworld map's tiles graphics are closer to what they represent in the actual game
- almost every dungeon has been overhauled to be more clear and slightly more difficult
- the first Boss has been made slightly easier (pit holes are just closer to the walls) while any Boss from the 3rd on has been made harder (mostly just slightly)
- added graphically sticking out tiles to places you can interact with Marin for photographs when leading her to the walrus, and other cryptic photos
- reduced the amount of seashells to 24 (removed the 3 way too easy ones and added 1 other in the boat riding minigame)
- a good bunch of general small fixes in the world (for example made entering the dog house from behind impossible)
- redesigned a few puzzles and little things all around (for example the 5 chests one in a cave on the mountain is no longer cryptic luck)
- etc etc

Thing is, I have ZERO programming knowledge etc, and there are a bunch of errors and unfinished stuff (just a bit). if someone with knowledge would like to help me out, would be SUPER appreciated :)

here's the list of errors:
- the new overworld teleporters have neither the actual connected rooms for them nor do they teleport at all, you just fall in them and respawn with damage
- I added new stones which's sprites have a bugged graphic when picking them up in the room with the coconut throwing monkey, because in the next room I added a teleporter and it'd allow to use it super early if you just enter said room so I had to block that
- in a few areas in general sprites graphics bug out where I added the shortcuts, and the rooster's graphic does too in a room in which I added another flamethrower where you'd need to use the mirror shield (you can get to the room before you find the shield)
- I've added a shortcut outside along the last caves towards D7 if you have the rooster, and I wanted the player to fall down into the water cave below with the holes but it doesnt work
- a new position added for a spawning chest in D7 doesnt make it appear normally, only after re-entering the room
- due to a new hole falling "puzzle" in D7 I added a new falesafe hole on the highest floor, but it needs the connection to said room below
- a slightly different reposition of a falling-off ledge infront of D7 doesnt update into the game (so you dont fall down to the water cave directly anymore)
- a stair sprite in D8 is shown as a switch block graphic instead, due to there being those too now (in the room right to the fish Sub-Boss)
- both of 2 lock-blocks dissolve after just 1 of them gets opened in the room towards the entrance to the main Sub-Boss of D8
- the newly added seashell in the boat riding minigame didn't update into the game
- the underground sidescrolling section for entering the castle received bugged background graphics after modifying the game
- newly placed heart piece 3 rooms right to the entrance of D8 didn't update into the game (removed the one from ontop D8's outer section)

I just found about a new version of the LALE editor. Will def take a look at it!
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/966/

Also I heard about ASM, but I have no knowledge how that works at all, and I've already read me in a bit about that, didn't help me much...
However here are documents for the game
https://www.romhacking.net/?page=documents&game=884

you can also add me on Discord at Phantron#3093 to directly chat (I have further ideas in mind I personally cannot implement) and I can distribute my romhack-patch there easier :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:04:00 pm by Phantron »

Phantron

• View Profile
Re: Link\\\'s Awakening Revision [Project]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 08:03:17 pm »
Hey, anyone who is somewhat firm with scripting / programming for this game? :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:03:16 pm by Phantron »

Phantron

• View Profile
Re: Link\'s Awakening Revision [Project]
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 01:03:23 pm »
Noone? :(
Sad, I wish I could finish this project... this way it's broken.

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: Link's Awakening Revision [Project]
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 07:02:49 pm »
have you tried asking in the romhacking subreddit? Perhaps there's more movement there. Or you can also try at gbatemp.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 03:51:20 pm »
You could also try the help wanted section here.

Phantron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 04:06:44 pm »
Thx, will check it !