News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Bloody Warriors: Shan-Go Strikes Back (Addendum)  (Read 1682 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin, who once ran Neophyte Productions years ago, makes a mysterious return with an patch for Bloody Warriors, a simple JRPG for the NES/Famicom.

This addendum patch is to be used on top of the translation patch made by ded302 and snark. This patch inserts almost all of the untranslated text in game, fixed many grammatical errors, and applied a new font to the game. There are four patches, both in IPS and BPS format and both also to be used on an unaltered ROM or an a pre-patched (ded302/snark) rom.

Many thanks to both ded302 and snark for putting together the patch for Bloody Warriors in the first place.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Trior016

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Bloody Warriors: Shan-Go Strikes Back (Addendum)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 10:11:22 am »
I tried to input a lowercase "z" for a name.  It would not work.

Griever_GF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 02:49:48 pm »
We need more JRPG translations! :thumbsup:

the_wizard_666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 08:05:32 pm »
Oh sure, only a couple months after I made a repro of it :P  After playing through it, while I did notice a few untranslated/badly translated spots, the bulk of the game worked just fine for me.  I'm not sure how much this patch fixes, but I'm definitely gonna try it out.  Very underrated game...it's simple, but it's also short, not very grind-heavy (only a few levels at the start of the game...after that it's paced reasonably well), and has an interesting, if cliche, story. 

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 04:18:15 pm »
I tried to input a lowercase "z" for a name.  It would not work.

That bug was mentioned in the readme.  Just like in ded302/snark's patch, my addendum patch still has this bug.  (If someone can squash it, I'll update the patch.  Fixing it is beyond my ability to hack this game, sadly.)