News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Link's Awkening Clone Found In Japanese.  (Read 1956 times)

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Link's Awkening Clone Found In Japanese.
« on: August 13, 2021, 09:00:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24_e1VRJWk 
https://youtu.be/BWpH1NSk-V8

Has Anyone seen or heard of this game?

It's called    (Metamode. Japan-only.)

It looks and plays alot like a Zelda game.
However it is part 'Gatcha collecting' i heard.

Making it somewhat pok'emon like. 

>Topic from here:  https://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=77068&page=3#entry1064574 

« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:10:15 am by SkyLizardGirl »
-Blaster Master Hacker
-Learning, hacking Mario 3 currently
-Messing with some Zelda Nes Rom stuff

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: New Link's Awkening Clone Found In Japanese.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 09:51:43 pm »
Well, a game released 21 years ago isn't really a "new" game.

That stretched aspect ratio in the video is painful to watch for more than a minute though! :P
Can't really comment on the robotic sounding commentary voice.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Re: New Link's Awkening Clone Found In Japanese.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 10:08:27 pm »
The level of detail is off the charts! I'd imagine you have a good chance at attracting attention to a game like this around here.

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
Re: Link's Awkening Clone Found In Japanese.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 12:06:36 am »
It's hard to grasp this is actually a GBC game. Looks amazing! Kinda bumped nobody translated this one yet. But I guess it might not be that long before someone picks it up, now it's getting some more exposure!  :)

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 02:53:21 am »
Considering Link's Awakening is pretty much tied with Ocarina of Time for my favorite Zelda game, and as a devout lover of the GBC library aesthetics and feel, this looks like a gold nugget to me. Never heard of it before, never even seen it mentioned, but I really hope that somebody with the skills and talent to translate it sees this and decides to pick it up. I'd *love* to play this someday in the not too distant future.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 06:11:44 am »
Looks cool, thanks.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 11:19:14 pm »
I'm expecting someone to point out that the game is ridiculously easy, or impossibly hard, or has terrible controls, or otherwise has some terrible flaw that is not evident from the screenshots.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 02:47:52 am »
I'm expecting someone to point out that the game is ridiculously easy, or impossibly hard, or has terrible controls, or otherwise has some terrible flaw that is not evident from the screenshots.

I mean... you ever played the original Final Fantasy Adventure/Adventures of Mana? That shit was *brutal* and janky as hell. Gameboy/Gameboy Color games were pretty much a 50/50 chance of being close to gaming perfection or an adventure in dying over and over and over and not even realizing what killed you because you were just suddenly instantly dead. If it looks pretty and it's something English speakers have never had access to before, I say bring it on, whichever it may happen to be. From what I've seen it looks pretty damn solid, and that's all I need to enjoy.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 11:14:39 am »
I mean... you ever played the original Final Fantasy Adventure/Adventures of Mana? That shit was *brutal* and janky as hell.
Eh, it was fine, especially considering when it was released. I might say that if it didn't have Square, Mana, or Final Fantasy attached to it, probably no one would think of it much today, though some of the music is undeniably catchy.

If it looks pretty and it's something English speakers have never had access to before, I say bring it on, whichever it may happen to be. From what I've seen it looks pretty damn solid, and that's all I need to enjoy.
It's not impossible that the full depth of the GBC library has gone unplumbed after twenty years, but there could be some good reason it hasn't gotten more attention before now.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!