News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros  (Read 627 times)

PowerPanda

• View Profile
All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros
« on: August 05, 2021, 05:46:57 pm »
After finishing Frantik's awesome "Super Mario Special" romhack/port, I looked at what other semi-official Mario games were out there. I've been aware of All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros for years. This was the FDS port of SMB1, but with some lazy graphics hacks to put the characters of a long off-the-air radio show in as enemies. I felt I could safely pass.

But I was wrong. This silly little title is so much more! It is, plainly put, VS Super Mario Bros (with all of the level layout changes in that version) remade in The Lost Levels engine. That means you have TLL graphics, where they were not changed to All Night Nippon characters. However, more importantly, you have the TLL physics! That means you jump higher off of enemies, and you can play as Luigi with a higher jump... in SMB1. Even the FDS version of SMB1 doesn't have those features. Who knew that behind the horrible graphics hacks, there was a really unique version of SMB1 hiding?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:03:04 pm by PowerPanda »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
Re: All Nigiht Nippon Super Mario Bros
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 05:51:24 pm »
I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I have an obsessive tendency with this, and I'm sorry, okay?

All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros

It's "All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros." I just can't stand it. ...I may need to stop reading internet things for a while.
Yamero~~!

PowerPanda

• View Profile
Re: All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 06:03:28 pm »
Whoops. Sorry. I have fixed it.