News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Doubutsu Banchou (Prototype) Nintendo 64  (Read 923 times)

soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
Doubutsu Banchou (Prototype) Nintendo 64
« on: July 24, 2021, 03:38:31 pm »
I have translate succesfully a lot lot lot of roms. That one is very stuborn! I have found the right rom to apply the patch but when i am trying to choose the xdelta patch file i am getting an error screen about missing some files. Probably the guy who made the patch has uploaded a buggy one.....or maybe it's my fault and i can't do it. I have used both XDELTA & XDELTA UI programs but none is working. The patch released by Zoinkity. If anyone has make it out please help me. Thanks in advance.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Doubutsu Banchou (Prototype) Nintendo 64
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:20:40 am »
i am getting an error screen about missing some files.
Wouldn't it be easier to help you if you could say what that error screen is telling you?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:11:09 pm »

I pressed cancel after that message and then i continued the patch procedure and it said that it was succesful. I tested the rom and indeed it was in english and is working ok. But that error it makes me thinking if i find any problem later in the game. Who knows... so for the moment i think everything is ok.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 04:30:24 pm »
If I had to take a wild guess, "Non-ASCII value passed to FromAscii()" suggests it's encountering an unusual character.

Does your ROM have any non-English characters in its filename? Or is anything you are using stored in a folder with a non-English name in its path?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

soulfunkdjx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 07:00:36 pm »
No everything is in english. That message appears only when i load the xdelta patch file. You can download it yourself and check it.
I am using the XDelta Patcher from that link https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/