News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Maeson Hack Patch Installation/ xdelta error  (Read 819 times)

RoughPirate62

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia Maeson Hack Patch Installation/ xdelta error
« on: August 01, 2021, 08:48:42 pm »
Hello I'm trying to install the Maeson Hack for Skies of Arcadia Legends. However I keep get an error message when I try to apply the patch.   :banghead: :banghead:

Errors received:
xd3_invalid_input xdelta
xdelta executable not found
xdelta target window checksum mismatch

And i have used xdeltUI and xdeltagui

Just looking for help
Thank you for your time

RoughPirate62

Maeson

• View Profile
Re: Skies of Arcadia Maeson Hack Patch Installation/ xdelta error
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 06:07:47 am »
A friend of mine told me about this post.

I'm sorry to hear you have issues patching this, please, try this tool:

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/

If it still does not work, please tell me and I can create a different patch with another tool, or maybe just update the patches with the most up-to-date xDelta patch creator available.

Also, there's a newer version that hasn't been uploaded to the hacks' page. It solves one tiny problem with the effect of one item, but I did not update the patch available here simply because I've been waiting for the person that brought it to my attention to respond to my fix, but weeks have passed and I haven't heard of it again.

You can download it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kAPYhKSGh1kkPuTQIFJ412lYkJEmDiZt/view?usp=sharing

Have a nice day.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

RoughPirate62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 12:19:25 pm »
First I Would like to say thank you for reaching out! I've seen videos of your stuff and I look forward to playing this when is final works. Ok so I download the delta patcher and the the new patch you sent me. However this is what I got:

[11:51:55 AM] Original file "Skies of Arcadia Legends (USA).nkit.iso" selected.
[11:52:06 AM] Patch file "Skies of Arcadia Legends Maeson 1,49b NTSC.xdelta" selected.
[11:52:12 AM] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[11:52:13 AM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT
[12:03:41 PM] Patch file "Skies of Arcadia Legends Maeson 1,49 NTSC.xdelta" selected.
[12:03:44 PM] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[12:03:44 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

As you can see I tried both patches, the original and the one you sent me.
I see that it said checksum mismatch but I'm sure the I have the correct requirements for the patch....

Any ideas?
Again thank you for reaching

RoughPirate62

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 10:48:15 pm »
I'm sure the I have the correct requirements for the patch....
And what makes you so sure? Did you verify that your .iso has the checksum provided in the readme?

Original file "Skies of Arcadia Legends (USA).nkit.iso" selected.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think "nkit.iso" is the same thing as a standard ".iso".
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 11:24:08 pm »
yeah, you need the actual iso

even dolphin will tell you not to use nkits

RoughPirate62

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 11:49:49 pm »
Ok that maybe the issue, I believe I can convert the type ill try that first.
Thank you

RoughPirate62

August 03, 2021, 12:31:58 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Works like a Charm now,
I want to thank everyone here who replied.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out!
Be well, Stay Safe, And keep gaming and helping!

Much appreciated,

RoughPirate62
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:31:58 am by RoughPirate62 »

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 02:34:23 am »
Thanks for chiming in, Jorpho and Bonesy.

So that was the reason, it was an nkit file. No wonder it gave you errors.

You see, tools like Delta patchers or Beat take notice of the original file when you create the patch, so when someone tries to use that patch it checks your game file to see if it's the same that was originally used. It is a safety feature so we can be sure that the patching went well and the result is a full working rom or iso.

Nkit files are GC (or Wii) games compressed with a new algorithm made by Nanook, and while you might use it as a nkit file on some places, the data inside the file is different from a normal iso, so when the Delta Patcher checked your nkit file, it just did not match. That's why rom hacks are shared and uploaded with information about the original game image used called checksums, and you can check if they're the same with Hex Editors or tools like 7zip for example.

In fact I think nkit format didn't even exist back when I did my hack!

In any case, it's good you got it working. I hope you have fun, and now I'll go hide back under my rock again, lol.

To all of you, have a nice day.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.