News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ID'ing 1200+ 8x16 kanji  (Read 4339 times)

nejimakipiyo

• View Profile
Re: ID'ing 1200+ 8x16 kanji
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 02:57:47 pm »
Ok, I've clarified/filled in as many of the remaining gaps as I could. There are still a handful or two left. If you could produce ~2 sentences containing each kanji, we'll hopefully be able to get the rest of them.

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2021, 03:47:39 pm »
Hopefully this will work. The script's got some scripting code embedded into the text that I haven't figured out yet. So some of the text might not be text.

026D:
加かい封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT][MYSTERY KANJI]な上段[WAIT]週。[LINE][WAIT]候どりの封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT][MYSTERY KANJI]な中段[WAIT]週。[LINE][WAIT]考ろい封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT]栄べの中[WAIT]週ね。[LINE][TEXT STOP]

02D6:
ぉ部ですの?[LINE]一[MYSTERY KANJI 2]千金か無一文かの[LINE]はめつタイプですって。[LINE][TEXT STOP]

03C1:
スゴイ[MYSTERY KANJI 4]の発明品が‥‥[TEXT STOP]

03EE:

<$19><$05>[MYSTERY KANJI 5]レモンティー[TEXT STOP]

nejimakipiyo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2021, 09:08:06 am »
026D:
加かい封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT][MYSTERY KANJI]な上段[WAIT]週。[LINE][WAIT]候どりの封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT][MYSTERY KANJI]な中段[WAIT]週。[LINE][WAIT]考ろい封筒[WAIT]足、[WAIT]栄べの中[WAIT]週ね。[LINE][TEXT STOP]

Based on this alone, I have a feeling something is very messed up. It simply does not make any sense.
All I can get from it is that the mystery kanji should probably be an adjective, yet the two suggestions we have in the doc for it are both nouns relating to food.

Another oddity is the combination of kanji. Producing things like "envelope [wait] leg" and "upper floor [wait] week". Huh?

The kanji don't really match the hiragana that comes afterward, either.
加かい, 考ろい, and 候どり are not words.

Yet, when I look at the kanji in the images you provided, these ones are pretty simple and easy to identify (aside from the mystery kanji, that is). 加 is the beginning of the 6th line from the top and cannot be anything other than 加. So on and so forth for the other bits of strange text here.

So I'm not really sure what to do with this...

Pennywise

• Forum Moderator
  • Prepare thyself for holy judgment
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 11:11:08 am »
That's actually the only place in the script where the kanji is used. I'll just figure all this stuff out later.

Thanks for the help.