News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Mega Man 3: Wrath Of Wily

Started by AVIX64, July 21, 2021, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AVIX64

Greetings! This is my first full-length Mega Man hack (my previous MM hack was simply a boss rush version of MM2). So far, only Top Man and Needle Man's stages are finished. I'm planning on this hack to have changed boss AI, and possibly songs ported from MM4-6 (since they share the same sound engine as MM3 from what I've read, although, while a found a document showing where the music data for MM3 is, I can't find a document that shows where the location for the music data is for MM4-6, nor can I seem to find a method to find them myself, so if someone can help me out with this then send me a message. Thanks.)

Happy hacking!

kuja killer

Looks pretty cool. :) I hope it turns out well.

I just have to ask if i may - any intrest in using Megaman 3 improvement before you get too far into your hack ?? (if you get too much done before starting from a base rom with mm3 improve, then it will gradually become less and less compatible, or eventually ...not work at all)

I'm planning to submit a version 2.3 to romhacking.net soon in a few days.

AVIX64

Quote from: kuja killer on July 21, 2021, 09:28:53 PM
Looks pretty cool. :) I hope it turns out well.

I just have to ask if i may - any intrest in using Megaman 3 improvement before you get too far into your hack ?? (if you get too much done, then mm3 improve will be less and less compatible, or not work out at all)

I'm planning to submit a version 2.3 to romhacking.net soon in a few days.
Thanks! And I'll consider using MM3 improvement as a base.

Cyneprepou4uk

Use Code/Data Logger in FCEUX to locate large music data locations.

AVIX64

Hello everyone! I've decided to rebuild this hack on Kuja Killer's MM3 Improvement, and as I already considering on completely redoing two stages I had anyway, having to start over hasn't been a big deal.

Here's the new version of Needle Man's stage:

And also, while these were taken in the old version of the hack (I'll be re-implementing them), here's two new Doc Robots (kinda); Doc Bomb and Doc Skull:

The main reason I say kinda, is because they're pretty much just reskins of Doc Crash and Doc Wood respectively (although I did change their AI slightly to somewhat mimic their original MM1 and MM4 fights, Doc Bomb's Bombs explode instantly upon hitting any surface, and Doc Skull doesn't create the falling leaves).

Happy Hacking!

kuja killer

Looking pretty cool. I like it. Hopefully it's with the 2.3 version i just got uploaded yesterday - Not 2.22, otherwise it would force a restart, due to the fact that i re-wrote parts of the level data format. (multi paths, new slippery ice block type, boss door data)

AVIX64

Quote from: kuja killer on July 27, 2021, 09:03:18 PM
Looking pretty cool. I like it. Hopefully it's with the 2.3 version i just got uploaded yesterday - Not 2.22, otherwise it would force a restart, due to the fact that i re-wrote parts of the level data format. (multi paths, new slippery ice block type, boss door data)
Thanks. And it is using 2.3.

AVIX64

This project is offically back from the dead! I went ahead and redid and everything on a new MM3 Improvement ROM.
Title Screen:

Spark Man:

Wily 4:

And finally, Gemini Man's stage which is a WIP as of now (I also thought instead of giving him a space/crystal stage like mostly every other MM3 Hack, I instead decided to give a water stage to freshen things up a bit):

nanashi89

@AVIX64, where can I dl your previous hack? The MM2 boss rush hack?

AVIX64

(Sorry for going dark about this hack again :P)

I'd thought I'd quickly show this hack's unique take on the Doc Robots:

(I obviously can't show it but when the screen turns gray, the music cuts off then the Wily 5 & 6 song plays when input is granted back to the player).

Basically, the Doc Robots in this hack are now encountered in a similar manner to Flash, Heat, Quick & Bubble Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge; the Doc Robot stages have been removed, so you go straight to Wily 1 after defeating all 8 Robot Masters. Then in Wily Stage 4, instead of a rematch with the 8 Robot Masters, it's now a boss rush with the Doc Robots instead.
I've also corrected the palettes in the Doc Robots fights to be more accurate to MM2 and the "ghost" of each MM2 robot master moves down more quickly.

I'd thought I may as well show this since I really haven't seen very many MM3 hacks do something like this (aside from maybe the MLP hack).