News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Poll

Who do you think is the strongest main Protagonist meaning lead male character in the Final Fantasy series?

Fighter/Knight
1 (2.9%)
Firion
1 (2.9%)
Luneth
0 (0%)
Cecil Harvey
12 (34.3%)
Bartz Kluzer
4 (11.4%)
Locke Cole
0 (0%)
Cloud Strife
6 (17.1%)
Squall Leonheart
3 (8.6%)
Zidane Tribal
3 (8.6%)
Tidus
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: The Strongest Lead Male in Final Fantasy.  (Read 5866 times)

Uberdubie

• View Profile
Re: The Strongest Lead Male in Final Fantasy.
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2021, 05:54:26 pm »
What about Cyan? Cyan is awesome, his only drawback is that he must keep charging his SwdTech attacks (meaning he can take hits while in charge), but other than that he's very strong.

Great point.

I'd personally pick Cyan over Sabin.  Suplexing a train is a pretty damn 'strong' thing to do (he'd DEFINITELY win if we were voting for most 'cool points' lol), but Cyan's story in conjunction with your points -- losing everything he had around him and still finding the resolve to keep going with the memory of his loved ones always with him -- makes him the stronger pick imo.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:53:19 pm by Uberdubie »

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2021, 03:46:27 am »
What about Cyan? Cyan is awesome, his only drawback is that he must keep charging his SwdTech attacks (meaning he can take hits while in charge), but other than that he's very strong.

What I've never understood is why nobody else but me gets that you're supposed to input the other 3 characters' commands first, and while they're all doing their things, that's your window to charge Cyan's Attack, if you wanna?

Also, Fang (Aka "Dispatch") is his Level 1 SwdTech and you can just fire that one right off without even thinking about it. It's unblockable, pierces all defense and looks cool as hell. He's a fuckin tank. Not to mention, having close-to-Sabin levels of HP at that early stage of the game means a lot of HP.
Yamero~~!

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2021, 05:06:22 am »
What I've never understood is why nobody else but me gets that you're supposed to input the other 3 characters' commands first, and while they're all doing their things, that's your window to charge Cyan's Attack, if you wanna?

You must've left your comfort zone and thinked outside the box, something not everyone can or wants to do.

Also, Fang (Aka "Dispatch") is his Level 1 SwdTech and you can just fire that one right off without even thinking about it. It's unblockable, pierces all defense and looks cool as hell. He's a fuckin tank. Not to mention, having close-to-Sabin levels of HP at that early stage of the game means a lot of HP.

Nah, my favourite skills are Quadra Slam and Quadra Slice. They look cool and deal a nice amount of damage.
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2021, 08:52:00 am »
Since magic can be a liability in the Coliseum and there is an NPC on the Northeast side of Vector who clues you in that General Leo specifically refused to undergo Magitek Infusion, I always keep Cyan Magic-Free until I get Odin (cuz he's got a low Speed Stat and Odin boosts Speed).

So, Cyan is basically just cheap damage for me. Love the guy ^_^
Yamero~~!

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2021, 11:25:23 am »
Technically you can beat the game without giving anyone Espers and only the magic that already came with the characters, such as Celes and Terra. Doesn't mean it's going to be easier that way, however.

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2021, 01:05:37 pm »
But Lightning from FF13 is a woman, she couldn't be in the poll. Or are you referring to Snow Villiers?

No, just saying my general opinion about the games... hehehe   ;D

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2021, 01:09:20 pm »
No, just saying my general opinion about the games... hehehe   ;D
It's ok :)
One question... does Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu count as a FF game to deserve it's mention in the thread? I think it, alongside the SaGa games that were talked about previously in the thread were both made into FF games just to get some cash from the IP.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2021, 05:14:24 pm »
It's ok :)
One question... does Final Fantasy Adventure/Seiken Densetsu count as a FF game to deserve it's mention in the thread? I think it, alongside the SaGa games that were talked about previously in the thread were both made into FF games just to get some cash from the IP.

A fair question. There are Moogles in it, after all.
Yamero~~!

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2021, 05:38:19 pm »
A fair question. There are Moogles in it, after all.

What about the cyborg chocobo that was "repaired" by Dr.Bowow?

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2021, 01:31:28 am »
What about the cyborg chocobo that was "repaired" by Dr.Bowow?

Also, a Red Mage helper friend and a Dark Knight, rather uninventively titled "DarkLord."
Yamero~~!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2021, 01:36:46 am »
I'm very surprised that chocobot hasn't turned up in more media. (No, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXIoo3BEso does not count.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2021, 05:57:50 pm »
Also, a Red Mage helper friend and a Dark Knight, rather uninventively titled "DarkLord."
According to Legends of Localization, he was meant to be named Darknight all along.
I'm very surprised that chocobot hasn't turned up in more media.
I know right, I also wish Square did something with a PSX game called "Einhander". It's a shoot'em up with good graphics, nice soundtrack and an interesting story. Also, the bosses there all say stuff in the badass German language, that game is SO awesome. But Square hasn't done anything with the franchise yet, to the point there's not a sequel. And by a sequel I'm not referring to their usual strategy of making a new game with similar gameplay and reusing story assets (like in FF), I'm meaning a true continuation of the plot.