News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Poll

Who do you think is the strongest main Protagonist meaning lead male character in the Final Fantasy series?

Fighter/Knight
1 (2.9%)
Firion
1 (2.9%)
Luneth
0 (0%)
Cecil Harvey
12 (34.3%)
Bartz Kluzer
4 (11.4%)
Locke Cole
0 (0%)
Cloud Strife
6 (17.1%)
Squall Leonheart
3 (8.6%)
Zidane Tribal
3 (8.6%)
Tidus
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: The Strongest Lead Male in Final Fantasy.  (Read 7721 times)

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
The Strongest Lead Male in Final Fantasy.
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:14:57 pm »
Yo Guys I'm ask what you think in Final Fantasy 1-10 that who do you think is the strongest main protagonist meaning lead male.

Well who do you think is stronger than who?

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
Re: The Strongest Lead Male in Final Fantasy.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 02:55:38 pm »
I would say Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV (II in the US version). He endured a lot of hardships and was able to atone for his mistakes in the past. As a paladin, Cecil is a well-rounded character with high stats and is one, if not the best fighter in the game. He can also use healing magic as well, but that's obviously not his strong point. Even so, it's still nice that he can do so in emergencies.

A close second would probably be Cloud because of his Buster Sword. This is yet another strong fighter with good all-around stats. His story is not quite as deep as that of Cecil's I feel, but nevertheless, he's still a pretty strong character who has also been through quite a lot. I'm not sure how I would rank the other characters as it's been quite a long while since I last played any of the other games in the series.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Lusofonia

• My Discord: Lusofonia#3041
    • View Profile
    • Lusofonia's profile at "Fórum Unificado"
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 03:18:42 pm »
Wait, where is Vaan from 12?
I am a pancake, you should be a pancake too

PowerPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 03:26:06 pm »
Tidus started out as a professional athlete at the peak of his physical performance, AND THEN GREW FROM THERE. It's possible Cecil, as a Knight, could rival him, but none of the rest of the protagonists come close.

July 13, 2021, 03:27:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Wait, where is Vaan from 12?

Ah yes, Vaan, orphan and slayer of sewer rats. :laugh: He could totally take the Onion Knights in a fight!

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 03:37:14 pm »
Since Vaan isn't in that poll I'll vote for Tidus then

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 03:48:57 pm »
I voted Cloud because of his move called Cherry Blossom witch earns him the title Blossom Knight.

Hello if a male or female warrior wields a large sword he or she could be a Blossom Knight too.

Oh and I mean lead males as always so I have Locke on option 6, he could rival Zidane.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 05:19:15 pm »
I guess so. But you can't forget that FF5 has it's job system, meaning Bartz could be on par with any FF character from any game.

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 06:16:07 pm »
What about Squall. He too looks good in black and summon Ifrit to set someone on fire.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 06:20:11 pm »
 :D Not unless the FF1 fighter equips some elemental-resistant equipment, like Ribbon.

Polinym

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 06:40:48 pm »
This is a very interesting question. Anything after IX doesn't exist to me, so thinking about this... given how FF battle systems are all roughly the same, they would all be about equal at Level 99 with access to any equipment in their game. Ultimately, I feel it would come down to being able to "game the system" with bugs, which leaves me with Butz and Locke. Locke's Vanish+Doom is effective against most things, but it takes two turns to use. Butz, on the other hand, could optimize his evasion and defense, then use Mix with Kiss of Blessing to nerf anything. With Guard and Counter as his other abilities, I think he could then be invincible against anyone as long as that works as I remember it and he can survive the first turn.

Of course, Zidane has Solution 9 and could one-shot any of the playable characters so long as he starts with a Limit Break.

Much to my dismay, Cecil would be at the bottom of the list. Tragically, anyone who isn't Kain, Rosa, or FuSoYa sucks at fighting in FF4. : (
"Where are you going, soldier? Get back to the battle!" - Some Battlefront Clone
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqSB4xw29TTKlia5E0NYtQ

deadlyblossom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 06:43:16 pm »
Right I remember that Dragon Mail is best for the upgraded into Knight and beware of Excalibur but would that evenly matched with Squall's Lion heart? Sorry I never got far in 8 but got some nice tips.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 07:41:40 pm »
Much to my dismay, Cecil would be at the bottom of the list. Tragically, anyone who isn't Kain, Rosa, or FuSoYa sucks at fighting in FF4. : (
What about Edge? Edge is awesome

KdstsMgsts

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 09:19:53 pm »
If you mean physically strong, then I'd have to go with Cloud. A world's strongest man competitor (Robert Oburst) could barely lift a replica of the Buster Sword. Cloud holds it out in front of him and swings it around over his head (anyone who's ever lifted weights know that holding something in front of you is far harder than simply lifting it). A lot of people make "replica" Buster Swords that are extremely thin, but the one Oburst tried to lift was much more accurate and weighed almost 60kg (in theory, that's nothing to a professional strongman, but the shape makes it incredibly awkward).

Cloud would also have to be a lot heavier than he looks, because the laws of physics mean that a normal-sized man wouldn't be able to swing it around regardless of strength because it would move it centre of gravity too much.

If you mean mentally, then I'd say FF1's lead characters are the most unflappable.

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 09:31:01 pm »
The FF1's characters all fill into the "silent generic protagonist" trope. Chrono Trigger also has a silent character without personality. But hey, the poll is about FF, not Chrono Trigger.

Right I remember that Dragon Mail is best for the upgraded into Knight and beware of Excalibur but would that evenly matched with Squall's Lion heart? Sorry I never got far in 8 but got some nice tips.

Squall has Junctions but Cloud has Materia, so I guess they're both around the same level.

Polinym

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2021, 09:52:47 pm »
I just remembered that X-Magic exists! I change my answer, Locke's the strongest/most powerful. He can instakill anything he can Vanish in a single turn.
"Where are you going, soldier? Get back to the battle!" - Some Battlefront Clone

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 10:06:47 pm »
Can't Repel/Reflect block everything, including Vanish and Doom? So any character can simply cas these two spells on himself and be safe from Locke. That is, if he gets his turn first before Locke does.

Polinym

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 10:37:49 pm »
Can't Repel/Reflect block everything, including Vanish and Doom? So any character can simply cas these two spells on himself and be safe from Locke. That is, if he gets his turn first before Locke does.
X-Magic and Reflect Ring. If need be, Locke Vanishes himself which Rflects onto the enemy and allows him to Doom them. Of course, if the enemy doesn't come from his game, do they have to follow the rules of his game? Hmmm...

Lusofonia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 10:47:27 pm »
Well, even if Locke can't use the Vanish+Doom he still has Steal, which (at least in FF Tactics) allows the user to steal the enemy's equipment. So he can beat the enemy by leaving him unarmed.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 11:05:10 pm »
A lot of people make "replica" Buster Swords that are extremely thin, but the one Oburst tried to lift was much more accurate and weighed almost 60kg (in theory, that's nothing to a professional strongman, but the shape makes it incredibly awkward).
Surely it made of mithril or adamantium or some such?

What I think of is the final movie where he does that one-armed pull-up while holding Tifa, which seems very improbable with those stick-arms – but eh, he's Mako-enhanced and whatnot, and he's probably working in a zone where gravity is funny, or something.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 11:20:42 pm »
I know little about Final Fantasy, but I feel like the best test of strength would be to see which of these characters can suplex a train.