News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Mega Man 7 Refit Gets "Custom Fit" Update  (Read 4119 times)

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
Re: ROM Hacks: Mega Man 7 Refit Gets "Custom Fit" Update
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 10:23:49 pm »
I've been remiss in not specifying the version, but I'm using the full patch.
Curiously I couldn't reproduce the text issue in subsequent playthroughs. Very strange.

niuus

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Mega Man 7 Refit Gets "Custom Fit" Update
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 05:11:15 am »
Speaking of bothersome little details, I love vanilla MM7 but the way MegaMan aims his Mega Buster when charging it seems very out of place for me, he doesn't do it in any other game...
This is my final wish regarding this hack. I already finished it twice with the original rules, so i would definitely enjoy it and replay it much more if the game could be refined out of it poor choices (some of them covered by refit), MM7 stands out as the weakest game in the series, a particular shame since the 2d art is beautiful.

Honestly, this hack started out exclusively as a modification for the Charge Shot and I-Frames because I was bothered by the increased charge time and decreased I-frames, too.  Mega Man 7 is a really great game, and one can just as soon play it using only the weapons and Super Adapter, as I usually did.  Luckily, though, an idle thought became a project thanks to the help of one DarkSamus993.  And, once DS993 got more interested in poking around at values, more was able to be changed and the scope expanded outward into something I'm really happy to have made!
Awesome hack, Mr. You did a fine job in making a game enjoyable again.