Translations: New Translations Added to the Database

Started by RHDNBot, June 28, 2021, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHDNBot


Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Chinese
English
Finnish
French
Polish
Portuguese
Spanish

Relevant Link

Stifu

I tried the Rockman & Forte addendum patch, but can't get it working properly.
According to the RHDN page, it should be applied on a ROM with CRC32 C070DDF0. No matter what I do, I can't get such a ROM.

What I do:
- Go to https://www.romhacking.net/translations/621/
- Get the original ROM (CRC32: 5047E0D4)
- Add a header to the ROM
- Patch the ROM with either patch. Result for Megaman patch: CRC32 9EFAF9B7. Result for Rockman patch: CRC32 BC12734C
- Trying to apply the addendum patch on top of either patched ROM (after removing the header) results in a ROM with slightly broken title screen graphics.

EvilJagaGenius

Quote from: Stifu on June 28, 2021, 05:56:11 PM
I tried the Rockman & Forte addendum patch, but can't get it working properly.
According to the RHDN page, it should be applied on a ROM with CRC32 C070DDF0. No matter what I do, I can't get such a ROM.

What I do:
- Go to https://www.romhacking.net/translations/621/
- Get the original ROM (CRC32: 5047E0D4)
- Add a header to the ROM
- Patch the ROM with either patch. Result for Megaman patch: CRC32 9EFAF9B7. Result for Rockman patch: CRC32 BC12734C
- Trying to apply the addendum patch on top of either patched ROM (after removing the header) results in a ROM with slightly broken title screen graphics.

Try patching the addendum to a clean, unheadered ROM.
My blog: The Jaga's Nest

StratosVX

Quote from: Stifu on June 28, 2021, 05:56:11 PM
I tried the Rockman & Forte addendum patch, but can't get it working properly.
According to the RHDN page, it should be applied on a ROM with CRC32 C070DDF0. No matter what I do, I can't get such a ROM.

What I do:
- Go to https://www.romhacking.net/translations/621/
- Get the original ROM (CRC32: 5047E0D4)
- Add a header to the ROM
- Patch the ROM with either patch. Result for Megaman patch: CRC32 9EFAF9B7. Result for Rockman patch: CRC32 BC12734C
- Trying to apply the addendum patch on top of either patched ROM (after removing the header) results in a ROM with slightly broken title screen graphics.
The one I have with this CRC is titled Rockman & Forte (J) [h2C], if that helps.

As for the Shin Megami Tensei for the GBA, I don't understand the point in needing to have the iOS version as well as the rom. If I already have the translated iOS version, why would I need a translated GBA rom?

lilpuddy31

Quote from: StratosVX on June 28, 2021, 08:57:17 PM
As for the Shin Megami Tensei for the GBA, I don't understand the point in needing to have the iOS version as well as the rom. If I already have the translated iOS version, why would I need a translated GBA rom?

Well obviously it isn't for you then, is it?

Not everyone uses iOS, maybe?

StratosVX

Quote from: lilpuddy31 on June 28, 2021, 09:23:46 PM
Well obviously it isn't for you then, is it?

Not everyone uses iOS, maybe?
Thank you for proving my point. I have to download the iOS version to patch the game instead of having a patch for the GBA that contains the translation data in it. If I need to download the iOS version, then I would have an iOS device and I could just play it on said device.

Stifu


galneon

This is the last "digest" news item by the RHDNBot. Is that feature currently under maintenance? Will it be back? I feel like I'm missing updates without these regular posts.