News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Translations: Bahamut Lagoon version 1.2 -- Remembering Near  (Read 8779 times)

IronmanX

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Bahamut Lagoon version 1.2 -- Remembering Near
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 04:45:11 pm »
Well unfortunately it is true although it wasn't drugs according to him it was people harassing him constantly. If people online was the problem i would have just stayed off the grid, and because of some degenerates all the skills that this person had has gone to waste.

Aganar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2021, 05:05:40 pm »
In memory of their passing and recognition of the incredible work they did for Bahamut Lagoon's translation, it would be cool if someone did a modern guide/walkthrough based on the translation. Last I checked, most of the BL walkthroughs were from the early aughts.

kikujade

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2021, 04:41:24 pm »
Oh, near, you're everything I wanted to be and couldn't. I hope you finally find some peace.

Here's to you, near-san rest forever here in our hearts.

KobaBeach

• bad smw asm hacker, bad programmer (he/they)
    • View Profile
    • a little house in the savannah
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2021, 05:44:59 am »
Rest in Peace, Near... You were a wonderful person and the world is much worse off without you.

K*wiFarms is a disgusting, wretched site for them to celebrate their (Near's) death.

In memory of their passing and recognition of the incredible work they did for Bahamut Lagoon's translation, it would be cool if someone did a modern guide/walkthrough based on the translation. Last I checked, most of the BL walkthroughs were from the early aughts.
A lot of the stages can be beaten by grinding your durrgons and siccing them on most of the enemies then going ham with the leaders with your stronger units, but a new walkthrough would be nice.
replace my bones with pocky and throw me down a stairwell

PersianImm0rtal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2021, 09:05:57 am »
The news slipped by me, and I just found out. I am so sad, and sorry. RIP byuu, i think you tweeted at me once or twice, and you were a pleasure. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this community. We love you.

Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2021, 12:06:45 am »
I heard about this the night it happened, and was just really gutted about it all week. It's been quite a few years since we chatted, but there was a message board we both used to frequent (PocketHeaven maybe?), and I remember Byuu being one of my favorite people there.

(^ copied and pasted from the other thread)

Playing this translation is definitely on my todo list.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:14:39 am by Asaki »