News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Castlevania Chronicles (Japan) - Is PSN to PS1 conversion possible?  (Read 1114 times)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
https://tcrf.net/Castlevania_Chronicles#Others

In the past years, we documented a handful amount of differences that were applied to the Japanese PSN version. I wonder if there's possibility to get the post-conversion ROM in its original format, and apply the changes to a PS1 ISO
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Dragoonglue

• View Profile
Re: Castlevania Chronicles (Japan) - Is PSN to PS1 conversion possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 05:43:53 am »
AFAIK Sony didn't support on-the-fly patching for PSOne Classics, so all the changes must have been made to the ISO itself. You can extract the ISO from a PSOne Classic with this https://github.com/xdotnano/PSXtract/releases

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 11:02:45 pm »
Successed! Thanks!

Oh well... Did a quick search and found that the fixed version has already been dumped, and listed as "Rev 1". Looks like that It's no longer needed to create a conversion patch myself. Eh hem.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 01:43:08 am »
Hm. Is this the lone exception? Wasn't Sony draconian and strictly prohibited altering PS1 games for PSN?

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 02:01:46 am »
Strange. The "Japanese Rev 1" thing was never in any search result in my memory, at least until Japanese PSN version is released. This might remain as a mystery until an original physical copy of "Japanese Rev 1" would be found in the future (quite unlikely I guess).