News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Sakura Wars GB English Translation (Gameboy Color)  (Read 1181 times)

Nebba

• View Profile
Sakura Wars GB English Translation (Gameboy Color)
« on: June 18, 2021, 11:41:32 am »
Hey i'm working on an English translation for Sakura Wars GB

Example of the Translation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCA-mJHjYI (Bugs and memory issues that need to be looked into)

The game is a spin off title of the Sakura wars franchise featuring similar gameplay to the console games but with a new story. The story is you meeting Ayame Fujieda, who has been searching all over Japan to find people with great spiritual power. In this game you will spend a month at the grand imperial theater to train to fight demons. There meet the 6 members of the Imperial Combat Revue and aim to complete your graduation exam.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 03:58:09 pm by Nebba »

ifightdragons

• View Profile
Re: Sakura Wars GB English Translation (Gameboy Color)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:53 pm »
Looks good!

Friendly tip:
Definitely get someone who's a native English speaker/writer to help you with grammar, spelling, and idiosyncrasies of the English language in general.  :beer:

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 12:56:48 pm »
Friendly tip:
Definitely get someone who's a native English speaker/writer to help you with grammar, spelling, and idiosyncrasies of the English language in general.  :beer:

Thowing my hat in for this. If you need any assistance with English editing, I will gladly lend a hand.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

Nebba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 10:15:26 pm »
Thowing my hat in for this. If you need any assistance with English editing, I will gladly lend a hand.

Thank you, I will contact you when the project moves futhur along.

Burntends

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 11:13:33 pm »
Hey there, I’ve been wanting to do this game as well. I recently did the English translation for sakura wars columns 2 on Dreamcast and worked on the original on Saturn a bit. I can get you in touch with the whole fan translation community as well as access to programmers and people that know the language really well.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 04:36:19 pm »
On a whim, I checked this game out and while the script appears to be uncompressed, it's also embedded with scripting code, which makes getting a clean rip of the script a lot of work.

I would say that's the most pressing problem facing any translation. Because of the amount of text in the game, there needs to be a clean rip of the script with all the scripting code figured out in order to have something that you can easily reinsert back into the ROM.