News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: So... Metroid 5: Dread  (Read 2543 times)

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
So... Metroid 5: Dread
« on: June 16, 2021, 06:10:49 am »
Metroid: Dread is coming out.

This is also being billed as "Metroid 5" which I guess makes Fusion "Metroid 4."

No word on whether a Justin Bailey code is included
Yamero~~!

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: So... Metroid 5: Dread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 10:38:07 am »
The hype cycle has not gotten the least bit less wearisome.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Solid One

• Silent Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 02:02:56 pm »
But Metroid Fusion already was Metroid 4, and you can see that in the introduction before the title screen.

Anyway, the guys from Mercury Steam are taking care of this game. They've done an excellent job in Metroid 2 remake for 3DS, Metroid Samus Returns, so I'm confident they'll do a good job again.

EvilJagaGenius

• View Profile
    • The Jaga's Nest
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 02:42:25 pm »
The new suit reminds me of Nick Anderson's take on Samus' suit:  https://www.deviantart.com/nickonplanetripple/art/Samus-Returns-630652157
Which is very cool, clean and slick with some influence from Fusion.  I like it.

I'm not a huge Metroid fan but I did like Fusion a lot, so I'm interested to see where this goes.

Baggins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 08:49:21 pm »
But Metroid Fusion already was Metroid 4, and you can see that in the introduction before the title screen.

Anyway, the guys from Mercury Steam are taking care of this game. They've done an excellent job in Metroid 2 remake for 3DS, Metroid Samus Returns, so I'm confident they'll do a good job again.

This poster knows what he's talking about. And Metroid Samus Returns was an excellent remagining of the original game.

Hamtaro126

• I'm Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 10:47:52 pm »
This poster knows what he's talking about. And Metroid Samus Returns was an excellent remagining of the original game.

If it weren't for the fact for the controversy around locking the so called "Hardest Mode" in the game behind an "Rare Amiibo", Just like with the upcoming Skyward Sword HD Remake, only they locked the right to instantly go to the nearest statue... Because This is a Feature-based Paywall!!! If you do not have it, you cannot access these certain features... Makes me wish Nintendo go back and stick with Hanafuda Cards only where they belong!!!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 10:53:34 pm by Hamtaro126 »
I Hath Returned...

BTW My username is not Hamtaro129. THAT IS WRONG, Please correct immediately or I will try to correct it myself!

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 09:04:19 am »
No such thing as a perfect company. Especially as they grow large enough to have a board.

I actually have the 3DS game. Are there any screens, or videos, or anything of this one?

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 09:56:47 am »
Are there any screens, or videos, or anything of this one?
Are you expecting people to get this hyped up over nothing?

...Because that is an entirely reasonable expectation.  There are various videos, which no doubt provide an accurate and not at all exaggerated picture of what the final product should deliver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NjCICl7dDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUI8nIrGgI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_GegPKDvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSybAYyVpPY
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:03:50 am by Jorpho »
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 08:58:21 am »
^You'd think an article would at least have a screenshot, or link to some of the videos. Just makes it sound like the game was announced and that was it.

Zero Meaning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 11:33:20 am »
^You'd think an article would at least have a screenshot, or link to some of the videos. Just makes it sound like the game was announced and that was it.

The E3 Direct showed a trailer and the amiibo. Gameplay and videos with developers immediately followed during the Treehouse portion of the show.
There's a link to Nintendo's official website in the first post of this topic which has screenshots and a video. On that page, there's a link to the official Metroid Dread website which has a buttload of stuff.

Not quite sure what else you'd need. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 12:19:11 pm »
Perhaps it would be worth considering making an alteration to the board's style to make link text more distinct from regular text.

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 02:12:14 pm »
I'm pretty excited for it, although I'll temper my expectations until we know more.

As it stands it looks like a combination of Fusion with an improved and more action heavy Samus Returns(which I haven't played),allegedly this IS fairly close to what the original concept for the game was, aside from the addition of the Samus Returns gameplay mechanics. I quite like the new suit too, it looks like parts of the armor have been ripped off? The internals are exposed. I thought it was restored at the end of Fusion but maybe they backtracked a bit on that.

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 04:08:42 pm »
I'm not seeing screens or videos at that Nintendo site at all. Unless Flash is needed to see them.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 06:19:15 pm »
Unless Flash is needed to see them.
No, nothing uses Flash anymore. I suggest trying another browser.

Or you can just use the Youtube links I posted.

Hamtaro126

• I'm Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 12:34:38 am »
The addition of the Rare Amiibo in this game is gonna have the effect of Powering up Samus daily just like with the Amiibo effects seen in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. One gives an HP Plus boost, One gives a Missile Plus boost.

Seems Nintendo listened to the Backlash. but at what cost?
I Hath Returned...

BTW My username is not Hamtaro129. THAT IS WRONG, Please correct immediately or I will try to correct it myself!

Baggins

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 01:45:27 am »
I'm pretty excited for it, although I'll temper my expectations until we know more.

As it stands it looks like a combination of Fusion with an improved and more action heavy Samus Returns(which I haven't played),allegedly this IS fairly close to what the original concept for the game was, aside from the addition of the Samus Returns gameplay mechanics. I quite like the new suit too, it looks like parts of the armor have been ripped off? The internals are exposed. I thought it was restored at the end of Fusion but maybe they backtracked a bit on that.

Pretty sure the ending of Fusion just has you in the orange fusion suit (I don't remember what hte upgrade is called), leaving you capable of fighting the Omega Metroid. Then shows her leaving the station as it burns up in SRR388's atmosphere. Still leaving with the orange fusion suit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJwBGDrFlj4

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 02:17:45 pm »
Man, this game's announcement made me realize just how time has passed since the first version of Dread was rumored to be in development circa 2006-2007. So many Metroid fan sites have since gone under.

SleepyFist

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2021, 09:30:02 am »
Pretty sure the ending of Fusion just has you in the orange fusion suit (I don't remember what hte upgrade is called), leaving you capable of fighting the Omega Metroid. Then shows her leaving the station as it burns up in SRR388's atmosphere. Still leaving with the orange fusion suit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJwBGDrFlj4

I guess I was wrong, still a drastically different design though between the Fusion Suit and the Dread Suit, I wonder if there's going to be an in-game explanation or if it'll be retconed to have always been that way.

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 04:03:50 pm »
i'm still in "hope to hell it's good" mode tbh

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 04:06:09 pm »
i'm still in "hope to hell it's good" mode tbh