News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help separate roms nes  (Read 1944 times)

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
Help separate roms nes
« on: June 11, 2021, 05:37:22 pm »
 :-\hello guys, help me, I have a 3 in 1 rom this in .nes format from nintendo and I need to separate these roms, how do I solve this ??
Game good

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Re: Help separate roms nes
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 08:21:14 pm »
You're gonna need a machete, some glue and a lot of duct tape.  :thumbsup:

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 08:32:20 pm »
lol hilarious friend I'm better now I'll add you there thanks man

June 11, 2021, 08:54:55 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
me segue de volta no twitter mano ou me chama no whatsapp 62985648518 tmb sou brasileiro preciso muito separar essas roms nes
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:54:55 pm by Gilberto9 »
Game good

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 10:54:35 pm »
Asking how to separate games (I presume from some random pirate multicart) is one of those advanced topics where, if you don't already have somewhat of an idea how to do it yourself, you probably can't.
Like, the relevant questions here are like, do you understand NES assembly? Do you understand how a mapper works, and how programming a mapper works? Do you understand how the mapper the multicart uses works?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
Asking how to separate games (I presume from some random pirate multicart) is one of those advanced topics where, if you 4 the multicart uses works?
Hello my friend, I still don't understand anything, I would like to know if the separation of roms is only possible by codes and mappings, or if there is any program that automatically separates everything by the computer, help me with this because the game I want only runs if is alone in the emulator so I have to separate it from the 3 in 1 rom thank you

June 12, 2021, 07:03:32 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The Newbie Package of REQUIRED Material

ROMHacking.net FAQ: You ask, we answer!
ROMHacking.net Getting Started Section: Newbies Go HERE!
ROMHacking.net Documents Section!
How to ask questions the smart way.
On the Essence of ROM Hacking
Talk with experienced people in our IRC chat and ask specific questions there.
thank you friend
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:03:32 pm by Gilberto9 »
Game good

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:25:55 am »
In the future, please do not join this website's discord and violate its rules by randomly adding people to DMs.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 11:38:16 am »
There are two approaches most consider for this, and varies with what they do.

They have some kind of X in 1 game and just want one of them to be autobooted as that is what they want to play (sometimes also making a version for the other games so they can put it on their flash cart/emulator list and use that to select instead).
In most cases this is mostly just finding whatever command is issued to jump to a new location by the selection menu and putting that command so it happens earlier in the boot process (sometimes the menu does something necessary but not always).
While this does mean getting hands deep in the code you can probably learn it fairly quickly, especially for the NES with something like http://fceux.com/web/help/CodeDataLogger.html (it logs what code is run, you would then sit at the menu for a while, move up and down, do any options... basically everything but launch the game. Then launch the game, among the pieces of new code run will be a jump to where you want, construct that jump and put it in a place earlier in the ROM).
Whether this will fix your issue with the emulator (I would generally say get a better emulator but eh) I don't know for, as the others mentioned, this is probably more of a mapper issue but more on that shortly.

Extracting games so they run on lesser flash carts and emulators or so you can use the space for your hacks is the other part of it.

Mappers then.
The basic NES hardware is not very good, does not hold much storage and otherwise is rather limiting. To that end NES game developers made various so called mappers to expand the storage, memory, audio and more on the cartridges
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/List_of_mappers
There are lists of official ones from games sanctioned by Nintendo or otherwise used in notable games (see things like Tengen Tetris). However when homebrew makers, Hong Kong based pirates and the like appeared they often constructed their own mappers that were unknown to emulators and flash carts unless the authors of said same figured out how it worked and included it, which few did or stuck around to add all the dozens of new ones cooked up each year for random small runs of things.

As mappers often are seen to literally swap sections of memory out in favour of others then it is possible sometimes to convert things to different mappers, maybe simplify proceedings and otherwise change games for more well known ones that emulators support. This will see you having to get your hands very dirty with code, learning what mappers are, why you want to use them, the sorts of things usually done by mappers and what yours do in this case to match them to something more accepted by your emulator.

If you know the game works by itself I do have to ask why you are not using that version with your emulator? If it is because your 3 in 1 dump has some kind of ROM hack applied to it then we can possibly help figure out what part of the 3 in 1 game corresponds to what part of the basic game. If it is some kind of "it is illegal unless I dump it myself" then... yeah.
On converting a ROM hack to a basic game then the idea is simple enough -- what would normally be pages/banks on the basic ROM will also be seen in the 3 in 1 game, but maybe in a different location. Most ROM hacks will not change every single byte or add masses more and so you can start by finding out where things are now -- search the game for something in the stock game that is not changed for the ROM hack.

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 10:33:15 pm »
There are two approaches most consider for this, and varies with what they do.

so my friend, i don't understand anything about hacking roms nes but i know some functions of game modification tools, in the case of my 3 in 1 rom i need to separate the games to work in vnes emulator (nes) otherwise it doesn't work with grouped games in multicart, I just want the pokemon game Silver (nes) is a very rare game that you can't download on the internet, those I found have horrible bugs, and in this rom my 3 in 1 pokemon is perfect, in the 3 in 1 rom there are turtles ninja, mortal kombat, pokemon silver, I don't understand assembly to be able to separate the pokemon Silver, I just know that the IDA disassembler can help, but I won't know how to select the pokemon rom and then compile it alone in a single game, the own pokemon, and that's what I need, someone who knows how to separate the language from the pokemon and then compile, separating this 3 in 1 rom, leaving only pokemon Silver, it is working Perfectly

June 14, 2021, 10:35:31 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
so my friend, i don't understand anything about hacking roms nes but i know some functions of game modification tools, in the case of my 3 in 1 rom i need to separate the games to work in vnes emulator (nes) otherwise it doesn't work with grouped games in multicart, I just want the pokemon game Silver (nes) is a very rare game that you can't download on the internet, those I found have horrible bugs, and in this rom my 3 in 1 pokemon is perfect, in the 3 in 1 rom there are turtles ninja, mortal kombat, pokemon silver, I don't understand assembly to be able to separate the pokemon Silver, I just know that the IDA disassembler can help, but I won't know how to select the pokemon rom and then compile it alone in a single game, the own pokemon, and that's what I need, someone who knows how to separate the language from the pokemon and then compile, separating this 3 in 1 rom, leaving only pokemon Silver, it is working Perfectly

June 14, 2021, 10:39:01 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
In the future, please do not join this website's discord and violate its rules by randomly adding people to DMs.
ok my friend

June 14, 2021, 10:44:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
to separate the 3 in 1 rom I suppose you have to disassemble with IDA , and then separate the code of the game I want , pokemon Silver and then compile , but the problem is that I do not know how to do any of this , I do not understand codes , could someone help me separate this rom 3 in 1 ?? :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:44:45 pm by Gilberto9 »
Game good

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2021, 09:31:35 pm »
No one said anything about IDA. Where did you get that idea from?

Also, the tags in your post are all messed up.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 07:19:10 am »

Can you get a better emulator?

Anyway I am not sure what to make of this one.
Sounds like a random pirate/homebrew game mapper (pokemon, even more so silver, appeared long after the NES, and mortal kombat similarly was not a NES game, don't know what turtles game that would be but I would be betting on some random fan/sprite swap effort) and while they could have fixed some bugs that standalone games have it would be a first.
To that end I am not sure the bugs of the standalone version are solved in the 3 in 1 but instead whatever you are using to run the 3 in 1 game (which I am guessing does not work in the emulator you are wanting to use) is more tolerant of any faults or indeed vnes is maybe just not a good emulator.
If the 3 in 1 does somehow work on vnes and works where the standalone version does not then we are back to the approach where you don't make it a standalone game but instead make it so it autoboots the game you want.

Cyneprepou4uk

• I am the baldest romhacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 09:34:32 am »
the game I want only runs if is alone in the emulator so I have to separate it from the 3 in 1 rom thank you

If you know that this game works when is separated from other 2 games, it means that you DO possess this particular file. So what's this topic about again?

@everyone: this dude has already annoyed a russian romhacking forum with Mortal Kombat requests using his "friend" attitude, and then tried to sell someone else's hack. Just a heads-up.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 04:05:37 pm »
So my response was right all along. The machete is the answer.  :thumbsup:

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 06:36:45 pm »
thank you very much for the help tips, luckily i found a friend who provided me the separate and unique rom, no longer needing to separate the 3 in 1 rom reminding you that this rom has become very rare, thank you, greetings
Game good

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 08:52:56 pm »
Can you get a better emulator?

Anyway I am not sure what to make of this one.
Sounds like a random pirate/homebrew game mapper (pokemon, even more so silver, appeared long after the NES, and mortal kombat similarly was not a NES game, don't know what turtles game that would be but I would be betting on some random fan/sprite swap effort) and while they could have fixed some bugs that standalone games have it would be a first.
To that end I am not sure the bugs of the standalone version are solved in the 3 in 1 but instead whatever you are using to run the 3 in 1 game (which I am guessing does not work in the emulator you are wanting to use) is more tolerant of any faults or indeed vnes is maybe just not a good emulator.
If the 3 in 1 does somehow work on vnes and works where the standalone version does not then we are back to the approach where you don't make it a standalone game but instead make it so it autoboots the game you want.

Aside from the Nanjing RPGs, most "Pokemon" bootleg games on the NES are just sprite hacks of different original games, like I think Little Nemo and Mitsume Ga Tooru.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tony H

• View Profile
    • The Code Hut
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 09:49:09 am »

@everyone: this dude has already annoyed a russian romhacking forum with Mortal Kombat requests using his "friend" attitude, and then tried to sell someone else's hack. Just a heads-up.

I noticed the same thing.  He wanted help fixing a bug in someone else's Mortal Kombat hack and was trying to sell it on Youtube for $30.  When I asked him about it, he claimed that someone hacked his YT account. 
The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Game Genie codes and ROM hacking guides

Gilberto9

• Hack is good
    • View Profile
    • My Channel YouTube
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 07:35:02 pm »
I noticed the same thing.  He wanted help fixing a bug in someone else's Mortal Kombat hack and was trying to sell it on Youtube for $30.  When I asked him about it, he claimed that someone hacked his YT account.
thanks for the information, actually the creator of the hack is Worm, he authorized me to modify the rom and I can prove it, I was unfairly banned from the other forum (emuland) for wanting to help in the Worm project, including worm gave me tools to that , I just have not started because I still do not know how to assemble , worm and I made a pact that the mk1 boss rom is for everyone and not for sale ,now about pokemon silver i have the original hack rom intact , something that nowadays is very rare but if you want you can get it on my youtube channel for free to everyone , thanks

June 17, 2021, 07:36:11 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Aside from the Nanjing RPGs, most "Pokemon" bootleg games on the NES are just sprite hacks of different original games, like I think Little Nemo and Mitsume Ga Tooru.
yes my bro
Game good