The oft-overlooked, yet beloved cult classic Mega Man RPG series, Mega Man Star Force, has received an expansive mod for the first game. Mega Man Star Force DX
aims to completely revamp and modernize the original, by bringing over many features and improvements from the sequels.
New gameplay elements and mechanics have been added, as well as an expanded postgame, restored Japan-exclusive and unused content, and a wide range of QoL improvements. Every aspect of the game has been touched up in some way!
Some of the highlights among the vast list of changes:
- The font has been updated to that of MMSF2/MMSF3, greatly improving the story presentation.
- Gameplay features which were exclusive to the Wave Scanner peripheral have been seamlessly integrated into the base game, in the form of Star Cards and Power Up data.
- A new Legend Mode difficulty has been added, providing a sizable challenge to even seasoned players.
- The touch screen is no longer mandatory; all touch inputs and minigames can now also be done with button controls.
- The Lunar Knights crossover, which was cut from the international releases, has been fully restored in a single player context.
- All version-exclusive content can now be experienced in a single game: including Star Force transformations, Giga Class Battle Cards and Satellite admin bosses.
But this is only the tip of the iceberg - head over to the project page
and check it out for yourself!RHDN Project PageRelevant Link