The American version of NBA Jam T.E.
being one of the first PSX release discs in the States, some AI fixes were implemented in the Japanese rom that was issued close to a year later. This Double Z Mod takes advantage of those AI edits and moves over eskayelle / Double Z’s previous mods to the Japanese game.
Given the above, you’ll still have the following features…
- Battle from worst to first in campaign mode, with standings loosely based on the 1992-93 NBA season.
- Players like Shaq, Jordan, Magic and Barkley have been restored!
- Secret players like Sub-Zero, Reptile, Scorpion, and Bart Simpson, are all accessible. Even Smoke and Noob Saibot are in this game!!!
- Wanna play as Chris Webber? Hakeem Olajuwon? Scottie Pippen? Just like the arcade version, several 90s superstars are available both on teams and as secret players.
- Detroit Bad Boys Laimbeer, Thomas, and Rodman are all available as secret players.
- The 72-10 Chicago Bulls are here! Jam with Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc and… Longley…
- Think the AI still plays a bit too rough? Why not fight back with a super cheat. Use the code Right, Right, Left, Right, X, X, Right at the Tonight’s Match-Up screen to achieve true Maximum Offense and Defense. Fight back with everything but fire!
- The Rookies have been rebalanced with more Eddie Jones and Tony Dumas. Plus, Brooks Thompson has been restored.
- What other Superstars do you need when you have the Dream Team??? Beat the game in campaign mode to access the 1992 Olympic gold medalists.
- Not a fan of the watered down house rock? Enjoy some ‘80s and ‘90s jams as well as some classic 16-bit Jam tunes instead.
- A quick palette fix adjusts the attribute colors on the player select screen.
Also, beyond the original programming setting apart the American and Japanese roms, this mod boasts two different 90s tracks for the in-game music, plus a few different Dream Team roster combos, as well as an Astroblast
-style stats font.
Interested in this version of the Double Z
Mod, exclusively for the Japanese
rom? Download the patch via retrohoops.net
!RHDN Project PageRelevant Link