News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: SceneNavi gives error with opengl32.dll  (Read 1176 times)

teh_supar_hackr

• View Profile
    • teh_supar_hackr's site
SceneNavi gives error with opengl32.dll
« on: June 05, 2021, 09:20:07 pm »
Each and every time I try to use SceneNavi with any OOT rom (compressed or decompressed, master quest or original release, ect) it always displays this error. I have OpenGL32 installed properly and am using this on Windows 10 64 Bit with the version being 1.0 Beta 9. The DLL is in the program folder already btw. I got the program from romhacking.net here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1013/.

I've put screenshots of the error below.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: SceneNavi gives error with opengl32.dll
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:02:08 pm »
When you say "I have OpenGL32 installed properly", what exactly did you do, and where did you get the DLL from?  It is possible it is an incompatible version.  I expect you shouldn't really need it there at all if your graphics card drivers are up to date.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

teh_supar_hackr

• View Profile
    • teh_supar_hackr's site
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 10:56:35 pm »
When you say "I have OpenGL32 installed properly", what exactly did you do, and where did you get the DLL from?  It is possible it is an incompatible version.  I expect you shouldn't really need it there at all if your graphics card drivers are up to date.
I removed the DLL from the program folder, same issue. BTW that DLL was in the zip file of the program from ROMhacking.net.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:57 am »
BTW that DLL was in the zip file of the program from ROMhacking.net.
Well, I checked just now, and it's not there, so I don't know what you're referring to. The only DLLs in the zip are nini.dll, opentk.dll, and opentk.glcontrol.dll.

What sort of video card do you have? If your computer only has some variety of old Intel integrated graphics, then I expect that could be a problem.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

teh_supar_hackr

• View Profile
    • teh_supar_hackr's site
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 09:38:21 pm »
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, anything else with opengl works perfectly fine, it's just this program.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 12:23:14 am »
Can you be more specific about what else you have tested that uses OpenGL?

Also, when you unzipped the folder, did you keep the original folders? That is, do you have a folder named "XML" in the same folder as SceneNavi.exe?

I'm still wondering how opengl32.dll got into that folder.  If you copied it there yourself, then what else did you do..?

teh_supar_hackr

• View Profile
    • teh_supar_hackr's site
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 12:45:10 am »
The XML folder is in the program directory. What I did was download from ROMHacking, extracted the zip into it's own folder with everything in tact. I then tried the program with the roms and even after decompressing the roms and using the Master Quest rom it gave that dll error. I then tried with that opengl dll in the program folder that I got from some site (forgot I did this when I wrote the thread at first), same error.

BTW what I used OpenGL with was Dolphin emulator, Project 64 2.x, and basemark's Web 3.0 benchmark (not sure if it has the same form of OpenGL used in other things). I don't know of that many things that use OpenGL as most things I use with 3D things use DirectX, or Vulkan. You know of some way to test my install of OpenGL despite it working perfectly fine on the things I have installed that use it? Also I'm wondering if maybe using a different version of SceneNavi from another mirror domain would help. Is there another game on Steam I have that I can use to maybe check my install of OpenGL?

Here's my list of games I own on Steam if I can use another game as an OpenGL test. https://steamcommunity.com/id/tehsuparhackr/games/?tab=all

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 09:59:34 am »
Also I'm wondering if maybe using a different version of SceneNavi from another mirror domain would help.
The version available for download here is 100% identical to the one on the Github page, so looking for a different version would definitely be a waste of time.

Dolphin and Project64 sound like reasonable tests. Maybe someone else here has some ideas..?