News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Help hacking puyo puyo fever 2(ds)  (Read 620 times)

Only a kirby fan

• View Profile
Help hacking puyo puyo fever 2(ds)
« on: June 04, 2021, 06:54:09 pm »
I'm adding english voices to puyo puyo fever 2, but when i add the voices from ppt, they only loads when you're playing as the character with the ppt voices and your opponents voice clips don't load. This don't happens with fever 1 clips(they work normally)

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Help hacking puyo puyo fever 2(ds)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 09:13:45 am »
Is ppt Puyo Puyo Tetris? Best to note that sort of thing in these discussions as not everybody might as versed in the games/franchise you are looking at but might otherwise have been able to help you. Especially as the DS does not feature Puyo Puyo Tetris as far as I know and that means you are trying for a cross platform port which can be its own problem (not that intra platform does not have its own issues), though if it is wave file to wave file then the usual guess is you did not match the format used by game you are going to (stereo/mono, sample rate, bit depth...) or care to make the game use (many DS games dropped audio quality to save space, you can alter what the game expects to get higher quality going on).
I also presume you are using the DS version of puyo puyo fever 1 for this rather than gamecube or GBA or whatever?

Does the game use the SDAT format or something else? What tools are you using for this (generally speaking I am not a fan of most SDAT rebuilding tools or import tools, )? Is this one of the games that lost voices when it left Japan as other than format differences that is one of the big ones?

Working but disabling opponents can mean many things from you failed to rebuild the sound files properly, to the format stuff, to the format stuff but if it was higher quality then it might be using more resources and the game consequently fails to load the other.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:37:55 am »
Puyo Puyo Fever 2 was a DS game, and a very early one at that, and Japanese-exclusive.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (the OG version, released in 2014) was a Japanese exclusive on 3DS and other consoles of the generation.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Only a kirby fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 09:50:12 am »
Is ppt Puyo Puyo Tetris? Best to note that sort of thing in these discussions as not everybody might as versed in the games/franchise you are looking at but might otherwise have been able to help you. Especially as the DS does not feature Puyo Puyo Tetris as far as I know and that means you are trying for a cross platform port which can be its own problem (not that intra platform does not have its own issues), though if it is wave file to wave file then the usual guess is you did not match the format used by game you are going to (stereo/mono, sample rate, bit depth...) or care to make the game use (many DS games dropped audio quality to save space, you can alter what the game expects to get higher quality going on).
I also presume you are using the DS version of puyo puyo fever 1 for this rather than gamecube or GBA or whatever?
Does the game use the SDAT format or something else? What tools are you using for this (generally speaking I am not a fan of most SDAT rebuilding tools or import tools, )? Is this one of the games that lost voices when it left Japan as other than format differences that is one of the big ones?

Working but disabling opponents can mean many things from you failed to rebuild the sound files properly, to the format stuff, to the format stuff but if it was higher quality then it might be using more resources and the game consequently fails to load the other.
Yes, ppt is puyo puyo tetris.
I'm using the ds voice clips from fever 1.
The game uses the sdat files and i'm using nitro studio to edit it. The voice files are in swav files and i'm using wav to swav to convert the wav files with the voice clips to swav.