News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1272266 times)

Leertaste

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2007, 07:24:21 am »
Heya...
Some of you surely have played the golden sun games... and fans must be looking forward to golden sun 3... well... I've no idea of hacking myself... but would it be possible to create ''our own golden sun 3''? some sort of golden sun hack... continuing the story of that game... as basic of a story you could choose any of the fanfictions that have been written... like this one: http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/rpg/archiv.php/29515_1.html (well it's german... sorry for all not germans...) x]
http://goldensun.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/fanfics/categories.php?catid=2 <- here are some english ones... Golden Sun - Age of Gods continues the story of the lost age for example... look through it and think about it ;)

insectduel

• View Profile
    • Insectduel's Domain
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2007, 11:49:36 am »
I wonder Music Hacking is possible when you use Actual music instead of Video Game Music. I love MegaMan X Remixed musics they use.
Please do not send me RHDN's private messages to contact me, you must use Facebook and I'll be able to reply to you quickly. I AM NOT AN ACTIVE RHDN MEMBER!

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2007, 03:13:56 pm »
Got any requests for hacks or game translations?  Make them here.

If you want to make a request for a particular hack, please make sure you explain the details for the hack that you want.  If you're volunteering to take a request, discussing the details through email, PMs, or IMs (which are most efficient of the three media) is also recommended.  For a relatively simple example:

Title of target game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Details:

1. Playable characters are Amy, Cream, and Rouge, instead of the original Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

2. Please make sure you successfully change the names, 1up icons, and Special Stage sprites as well as in the main game.

3. Sonic and Tails may only be seen riding the Tornado.  In fact, it wouldn't make sense for any of the girls to be riding it anyway.  Metal Sonic and Dr. Eggman should also keep their original sprites.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 04:22:05 pm by McKnight »

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2007, 03:55:54 pm »
I AM NOT A MOD

there is already a translation request thread here

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,1387.0.html

and a romhack ideas thread here

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,3282.0.html

both have been going for a long time, no need for a new thread. You might try posting your ideas there.

I AM NOT A MOD
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2007, 04:34:29 pm »
Heh, I thought the hacking ideas thread was gone. Wasn't that stickied? It got pushed back a few pages now. I told him to create this new thread after he asked about it.

Edit: Merged.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »
it never dies! :)
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2007, 07:25:16 pm »
Why couldn't this topic be its own complete section?  That would be so, so, much more efficient.  It would make all requests made more noticeable, instead of blending in with one another.  To see what I mean, check out the VGMusic.com forum.  The wishlist there has its completely own section, and it's a lot more pleasing to the eye.  Check out AdultFanFiction.net as well: each category in each archive has a Challenges subsection, which instead of being a run-on thread like this, is an entire archive of its own.

As to what I was going to make a more complex request for... I dunno.  Some people here make smart-alec detail requests, such as turning enemies into naked Marios with huge flapping penises, just because they think it's funny.  Honestly, it isn't.  It's just childish, and people who make such detail requests (or even initial smart-alec requests, such as "Pedo Walker") should be suspended, but that's just my opinion. 

If you just wanna see really simple changes, such as breast expansions on female characters, then you might as well learn how to hack ROMs yourself.  My request for a girls' hack of Sonic 3 & Knuckles is more complex than that.  It also requires changing the names wherever they appear, changing the Special Stage sprites, and changing the pictures on the 1up boxes and the signposts.  Add to that, I tried to make the aforementioned hack (after someone else gave up), and I couldn't find a single utility that works with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.  It's something that I rarely even want to think about.

Anyway, instead of making a hack request, here's a fanfic variation of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.  If you want to create a hack for it, let's talk about it through AIM or MSN, preferably the latter. 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2552382/1/SMW2_Yoshis_Island_rewritten

And just so you know:

1. Hikari (the female protagonist) is not an OC.  She's the main character from Kendo Rage (another Super NES game).

2. I didn't give Hikari a big cone-shaped nose just to be a funnyguy.  Just the thought of that actually does arouse me (sexually), as does thoughts of her holding her nose or changing Baby Mario's diaper [chapter 8].  Don't ask why; I don't know or care.  Click the link to see a screenshot of KR that I modified with Microsoft Paint, to see what she'd look like in the fic.

http://dmxrated.deviantart.com/art/Big-coneshaped-nose-63647155

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2007, 09:52:19 pm »
it's up to the staff I suppose, even though I like this I get the impression some people don't even like this one thread.

a good place to go though would be the Site Talk subforum located here

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

to propose the idea.

I think the big problem is if someone wants to spend the time and effort to make a hack, usually they already have their own idea and aren't interested in doing some one elses.

I mean honestly, out of all the ideas that have been suggested here, how many have been taken up and completed? or even started?

CrazyNumbskull

« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2008, 06:17:21 pm »
Sorry for dragging this topic back but i don't understand why no ones made it a sticky post so people haven't got to keep dragging it back up, please can a mod, get this post sticked.... ::)pretty please :laugh: :thumbsup: anyway I'd like to make another idea I'm trying to hack Super Mario Kart (Snes) but I'm just started to realise that I'm not getting much better at it and i lack patience... ;D so it's moving that fast. My current idea is to change atleast two of the characters into Koopaling characters, the two in mind are Ludwig and Wendy, but i can't seem to get it right and it does take a long time to get even a smidgem done, sorry if i sound annoying... :crazy: but if someone is interested in this idea or any of my other ideas a couple of pages back on this topic/thread then please try and give it a go (experts & co) because I'd really love to play one of my ideas out. the new racing game could be called something like koopa karts... :o

serhat09

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2008, 12:37:50 am »
I had an idea of modding Aerobiz Supersonic for the SNES for a while now, and just stumbled onto this site recently.

Maybe be able to change the city names and locations on the map, and changing their flags.

Anyone know if this is possible? Even going as far as adding cities?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2008, 02:15:53 pm »
I haven't actually seen a full fledged Final Fantasy 6 hack.  I think it'd be interesting to see if people could hack it into another character's "point of view" in the story.  Or even add new characters (though it is probably hard).
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2008, 02:21:14 pm »
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,5876.0.html

You might find that link interesting, justin3009.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2008, 02:50:53 am »
I was thinking about this, how about a FF1 hack with a Kingdom Hearts twist? I'd be pretty cool to see the KH characters on the NES, and controlling Sora, Donald, Goofy & Mickey (or Riku) from the start. I know it'll be big job to pull it off, but damn a hack like that woulda got so much attention... ^_^
This is most gangsta.

andwhyisit

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2008, 03:14:42 am »
A hack of Star Ocean (the first one, for SNES)

Karatorian

• "Gotta get get ... 6502"
    • View Profile
    • Studio Karatorian
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2008, 03:21:32 pm »
Hey Goonie, that's a good idea. And actually, it wouldn't be that hard. With FFHackster, you could do almost all everything required. Only a very small ammount of ASM hacking would be needed.

However, I'm not sure that Final Fantasy would be the best engine for such a project. The thing is, Kingdom Hearts is an action RPG and Final Fantasy is a Turn Based RPG, so while you could make it look like KH, it wouldn't feel like KH. I'm not sure what to recommend instead, but perhaps the Mana Series would be a better fit. (Of course, if you're dead set on NES, I have no idea what to suggest.)

That said, if you don't mind the change of genera, you could proably do it yourself using FF. As I said, FFHackster does practically everything you need and I'd be willing to help out anywhere it was insufficent. I don't think it'd actually be that hard. For sure, it'd be a lot of work, but I don't think it'd be that difficult.
Current ProjectsFinal Fantasy EngineSMB Special for NESStudio Karatorian
@loop: lda (src),y — sta (dst),y — iny — bne @loop — inc src+1 — inc dst+1 — dex — bne @loop

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2008, 01:28:19 pm »
haven't played it, but this sounds like the best candidate for kingdom hearts: http://www.romhacking.net/trans/102/

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2008, 02:34:08 pm »
I played this translation the last year a bit.
I is OK for hacking(I may be wrong)but 2 chars share a sprite animation.
This is a bigger game,but there are more big NES games which are
not much documented like FF3,DW IV, Doraemon 2,and a few more.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2008, 08:56:14 am »
A VWF for the main dialog of the Mega Man Battle Network games.

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2008, 03:06:36 pm »
This might be a bit outta hand, but how about a hack GFX of City Connection? Goofing on GTA: SA, Carl needs to put green paint all over the world while avoiding the cops and Officer Frank Tenpenny (The Cat) Carl would be riding in a green Grove Street lowrider LOL!

Karatorian: oh okay, yeah I was thinking about that. There is a FF hack I've been wanting to work on in a long time, the thing is I never really got around into changing anything but just a few words. I'll see if I can get to change a few places this weekend.
This is most gangsta.

Karatorian

• "Gotta get get ... 6502"
    • View Profile
    • Studio Karatorian
« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2008, 01:37:15 am »
While it's nowhere near complete yet, with my FF Engine project, I'm working on (along with other things) documenting the whole FF ROM, so if you need help with anything, just ask. I'll help if I can.
Current ProjectsFinal Fantasy EngineSMB Special for NESStudio Karatorian
@loop: lda (src),y — sta (dst),y — iny — bne @loop — inc src+1 — inc dst+1 — dex — bne @loop