Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.

Started by Piotyr, March 23, 2007, 10:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lestat_chronicles

Quote from: KingMike on November 21, 2022, 03:52:11 PMYou're probably using a bad ROM or a bad header.
If it's the 1999 translation, I hear that one is just unfinishable.
If it's the one I released in 2011, I can tell you I did fully test it in FCEUX. I can't imagine I changed anything that would break compatibility. Though I vageuly recall matching my patch to include that fix.

As to fixing the header: open a hex editor and change bytes 00007 to 0000F in the ROM to 00 to fix it. If you don't know how, read a tutorial on how to use a hex editor. If you can't do that, it's not my fault. It's a common problem on NES ROMs from some unknown garbage tool from the '90s that put shit in the ROM headers. I would advise learning how to do it, rather than wanting people to "patch" every single game.
Sorry, but if you want to report it in such a snarky way, I'm going to have to give a little more blunt answer.

???  How old are you?  Then again, your response should be directed to that guy "Noside". Don't take your emotions on me. I didn't say anything.

Retrolife

Quote from: Tsukiyomaru0 on August 02, 2022, 09:34:49 PMSomeone is actually building a ROM called Mega Man The Sequel Wars from the ground up.
ok thanks

Old_gamer

I would like for an improvement patch for Romance of the three kingdoms 2 for the super Nintendo that allows all rulers to have the same trust as Liu Bei.

DragonAtma

Quote from: Old_gamer on November 24, 2022, 09:56:33 AMI would like for an improvement patch for Romance of the three kingdoms 2 for the super Nintendo that allows all rulers to have the same trust as Liu Bei.

Technically it's for slot 01, not for Liu Bei. Yes, Liu Bei always starts in slot 01 (just as Cao Cao/Pi and Sun Jian/Ce/Quan always start in slots 00 and 02, respectively), but his successors also get the boost. Furthermore, if he's wiped out, anyone who rebels and gets Liu Bei's green color will get the same boost.

darkmoon2321 found the formula (and presumably where it's located) -- see post 226 of https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/588628-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-ii/68746017?page=11 -- but it's been nearly two years since he was last seen on gamefaqs. :/
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
My mods: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Gemfire, 7th Saga, and more

MonstaDash

My idea: Super Mario World but it is a side scrolling Halo shooter, where you play through the events of Halo 2. There could be ammo mechanics (where you need a new "weapon" when you run out of ammo) and different weapon types and two protagonists (and a boss battle that is actually good). I don't think cutscenes could be made but it is a possibility.

MD_Prometh

A Digital Devil Saga hack that adds subtitles to the intro cutscene would be nice to see, as it would help undub users. Without subs, undub users can't understand the "rend, slaughter" dialogue.

Aladore

Hello,

Can we have a hack for Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) that removes SMB USA and makes Lost Levels as episode 2 instead?

I have no idea how doable this would be.

Sorry for poor quality PhotoShop skills. :angel:

Midna

With all due respect, why would anyone make a rom hack that adds nothing to a game and actively removes content?

Aladore

Quote from: Midna on December 01, 2022, 04:01:57 PMWith all due respect, why would anyone make a rom hack that adds nothing to a game and actively removes content?

To have something of a more "consistent" trilogy. SMB USA is more akin to a spinoff than a main entry.

julayla

I know what should be done: A proper retranslation of the Cosmic Fantasy 2 or Lunar games. The games brought in by Working Designs are poorly underrated and they would need proper retranslations (along with the other Cosmic Fantasy games needing translations). And considering that there have been no re-releases on modern consoles (aside Lunar on PSP), I feel that the time is now and this should happen at some point.

lestat_chronicles

(Request?)  Mario Bros. NES game based on the live action movie

RetroGameFan

Quote from: Aladore on December 01, 2022, 06:05:09 PMTo have something of a more "consistent" trilogy. SMB USA is more akin to a spinoff than a main entry.
I actually think SMB2 (also known as SMB USA) deserves to be in All-Stars. And I think it deserves the title of SMB2 because it is radically different from the original SMB. Since the Japanese SMB2 (also known as The Lost Levels) was way too similar to the original SMB, I don't think it's worthy of the "SMB2" title. And who says that All-Stars has to be a trilogy?

Midna

Yeah, SMB2J is a glorified expansion pack, just new levels for people who had mastered the first game. Some additions and tweaks like Luigi physics and wind, but nothing major. There's a reason it's unnumbered over here. Sure, SMB2US is a gussied-up Doki Doki Panic, but it introduced enough gameplay concepts and characters that would go on to become staples of the series that I think it's earned its place.

NES Boy

Besides, Doki Doki Panic began life as a Mario prototype with vertical areas and stacking blocks to reach higher areas (the first Super Mario Bros. game had none of that). If anything, Super Mario USA is simply the game being brought back to its prototypical roots.

mkwong98