News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 3198694 times)

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7980 on: January 22, 2022, 11:54:22 am »
How's about another Tiny Toons hack in the Mario universe?

But this time you can play not only as Mario, but Luigi, Wario & Waluigi and change the levels around to add for extra flavor.  ;)

I agree with Googie, This can be done if someone takes the Super Mario Adventures hack and combine it with Remix of tiny toons.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2511/

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1016/

I would add that the opening cut scene should get fixed and the main villain should be Wario. Because the final battle has $$$ every where and wario's face or sybol would fit on the wall like the original boss did. It would fit perfectly. Might want to change any other boss if they think a closer mario boss would fit better. Also change music to any mario games for the full experience. But the remix levels would be perfect as well. What do you guys think?

Videos to compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4IORhDDcqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rNcsn2H-c

Brutapode89

• View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: January 22, 2022, 01:21:02 pm »
A patch of Goldfinger 64 (GoldenEye 007 mod) to play on the N64 console and Mupen64Plus (Even via RetroArch).

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: January 22, 2022, 08:34:45 pm »
So Revelations Persona, I think everyone knows that game was heavily localized with a lot of unneeded changes to the characters and inaccurate script.

If someone here is brave enough to take the game apart, and give QoL improvements that would be great.

I was told that the Japanese version is actually harder to work with, but the already English version would be the quicker way if you wanted to change the sprites and portraits back to their original versions and to change the script.

Brutapode89

• View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: January 22, 2022, 10:26:48 pm »
By the way. It could even be cool a patch of Super Mario 64: Green Stars on console.

TRIFORCE89

• View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: January 24, 2022, 09:08:16 am »
A patch for the SNES Dragon Quest III (and it's translations) that boosts the EXP and gold drops by 25% (as in the North American NES version) - unless this is already the case in the SNES version???

(found the doubler patch, but that's too much)

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: January 24, 2022, 02:30:35 pm »
how about new levels for NES shadow of the Ninja? since there is so many characters hacks of that game.

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #7986 on: January 24, 2022, 08:21:13 pm »
I'm playing this translation, the dialogue in the intro moves all over the place and it moves very fast, making hard to read it.

It'd be cool if someone can make the intro dialogue close to the intro in the 16 bit game, and press the A button when you're done reading.  :angel:

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: January 26, 2022, 05:05:11 pm »
After having to troubleshoot old La-Mulana, I've come with a new idea:
A hack for old, classic La-Mulana that GREATLY diminishes the hassle in getting it to work properly in Windows 10, use Borderless Windowed, and add Options to the main menu as well as an external configuration tool.
And perhaps to fix the Boss Rush map so it can be loaded with the translation.

And for something else:
A patch for the Maze of Galious remake fan-game by Jorito (Brain Games?) to make it start windowed rather than full screen.

Simon Belmont

• View Profile
Re: List of Co-op / Multiplayer hacks
« Reply #7988 on: January 27, 2022, 01:19:31 pm »
Any idea/possibility of Castlevania 1 - 3 NES Co-op mode. That would be my dream come true after 30 years

Foffy

• View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: January 27, 2022, 11:11:53 pm »
Something I think would be cool to see one day would be a hack for New Super Mario Bros, and more specifically, one that makes playing as Luigi feel like Luigi with the traction and higher jump. As this was something actually incorporated into Newer Super Mario Bros DS, which is essentially a full blown expansion/new game to the original game, I'm guessing this is quite possible to do.

littlepotato

• View Profile
Tooth Bride Mobile game Russian to English Translation Request
« Reply #7990 on: January 29, 2022, 04:46:53 am »
Hello, there is a java game called Tooth Bride, it is in russian, I want it in English, is anyone interested in translating it?

E.Signal

• View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: January 30, 2022, 12:10:12 pm »
Someone needs to finish the Sega Genesis Ninja Gaiden game so that it's in 100% complete and playable form.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:06:18 pm by E.Signal »

Toffi

• View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: January 30, 2022, 07:25:24 pm »
For those looking for a challenge, it would be awesome to see an MMC5 port for Lei Dian Huang Bi Ka Qiu Chuan Shuo (Pokemon Yellow for the NES)
and Triforce of the Gods (Link to the Past for the NES) so that we can finally play them in the west using a flash cart.
With enough rom hacking kill, I think these demakes could really grow into something epic.

TRIFORCE89

• View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: January 31, 2022, 08:02:29 am »
The Konami Collection autoboot patches are very handy. It'd be nice to see similar patches for other compilations. For instance, autobooting Pac-Man Arrangement from the GBA Pac-Man Collection. Or Bomber Boy from the GBC Bomberman Selection. Or Super Pac-Man and Pac-Attack from GBC Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man releases.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:27:32 am by TRIFORCE89 »

FUTURA

• Blast Processing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: January 31, 2022, 04:22:14 pm »
A DX Color Version of the Gameboy game Bionic Commando.

Super Sonic Speed!

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: February 01, 2022, 01:21:47 am »
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I wouldn't mind a translation of the Cyber City Oedo 808 game. However, the way I see it, there may be two translations. One that is more fateful to the dialogue, and one that is spiced up like with what happened to the OVA series that was dubbed by Manga Entertainment.

lightbulbsun

• View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7996 on: February 01, 2022, 05:43:45 am »
[NDS] Megaman ZX & ZX Advent
[...]
I just want them to remove/edit the WHITE SPLASH SCREEN FLASH
everytime the hero in the game want to change (Megamerge) to another form

Both games handle the white flashes very similarly.  Try the following for the US versions of the ROMs:
  • For Mega Man ZX, fire up a hex editor and navigate to the offsets 0x2b9c0 and 0x2b9ce. Both should contain the bytes 0xa8 0x54. Overwrite both with 0xc0 0x46.
  • For Mega Man ZX Advent, do the same thing for the offsets 0x63585 and 0x63593.
Those are the parts of the code where the next brightness values for the white flashes get updated for LCD-A and LCD-B respectively. By overwriting them with NOPs, both flashes get eliminated.

Ligeia

• View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: February 02, 2022, 12:20:41 am »
A simple hack I would love would be one that switches the color palettes of the heroes and the shadow bosses on Secret of Mana (like the one I'm using as an avatar). I always thought these alternate palettes looked cool and always wanted to play the game as these. I even tried to do it with an Action Replay back in the day lol, to no avail.

JKPhage

• View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: February 04, 2022, 10:31:06 pm »
The Konami Collection autoboot patches are very handy. It'd be nice to see similar patches for other compilations. For instance, autobooting Pac-Man Arrangement from the GBA Pac-Man Collection. Or Bomber Boy from the GBC Bomberman Selection. Or Super Pac-Man and Pac-Attack from GBC Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man releases.

I mean, if we're requesting autoboot hacks, nobody ever bothered with Volume 3 of the Konami Collections. There's a Goemon game that was only ever released in English-speaking territories via those collections and it's in Volume 3, so an autoboot of that would be pretty sweet. As-is I've just kept all four collections for anal retentive reasons, but if we got an autoboot for Goemon, I'd gladly ditch the collections in favor of the Castlevania games, Parodius and Goemon as they're the singular titles from each collection I'd ever actually bother playing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 12:14:48 am by JKPhage »

lightbulbsun

• View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #7999 on: February 05, 2022, 04:34:44 am »
I mean, if we're requesting autoboot hacks, nobody ever bothered with Volume 3 of the Konami Collections. There's a Goemon game that was only ever released in English-speaking territories via those collections and it's in Volume 3, so an autoboot of that would be pretty sweet.

Try the following with a hex editor:
  • To jump to the game number, at offset 0x33927 you should find the following bytes: 21 05 0b d7 3e.  Overwrite those with these: 3e XX c3 b4 79.
  • In order to fix the checksum, at offset 0x14e overwrite b9 95 with YY ZZ according to the following table:
GameNumberChecksum
Pop'n TwinBee01ba 7e
Bikers02ba 7f
Goemon03ba 80
Guttang Gottong04ba 81