not sure if this has ever been said before; but like, a set of optional patches for EarthBound Beginnings/Zero (that aren't just graphical or text-wise) that aims to recreate the Japanese version in the English version as another option or translating the Japanese version from scratch (which would also be nice too, but probably very difficult)
Patches would be offered separately, or as an all-in-one excluding changes that undo convenience. And an all-in-one including changes that undo convenience.
- Original Japanese versions of the maps that were modified for the English prototype
- Original PSI learning order
- Original item shops (e.g. the Time Machine being able to be bought at Twinkle Elementary School and other stuff)
- Map item being available; START/SELECT/B no longer functioning as the Map button
- B button functioning only as a quick Stats button
- Checking in battle only displays the enemy's stats, if applicable
- Removal of rolling background effect upon learning a melody
- Forgotten Man warps you back to the beginning of Magicant
- Original ending
- No enemy encounters in train tunnels
- Bread crumbs and Flea bag bug fix regressions.
- Friendship Ring.
And several others that I might've forgotten or haven't found info on.