News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2593008 times)

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7480 on: June 11, 2021, 10:15:23 am »
Considering this is like the third time you've asked about this?
Second time. I think you're confusing the thread where I asked if that one cheat code for the PS1 version was a legit or bogus code as one time.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: My Rom Hack.
« Reply #7481 on: June 11, 2021, 01:01:23 pm »
If all you have is an idea that you want someone else to use, then there is a thread for that.
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=3282.0

Also, I don't know why you're saying this would be the "1st hack".
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/248/
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Starman911

• View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: June 11, 2021, 02:32:12 pm »
This is baloney my rom hack of Valis The Fantasm Soldier is Valis The Bosetasm Soldier must I make it blunt? Well I will. The story starts with me happy that my grandma left me her house after she died but I don't get a chance to unpack because a scream from nowhere is heard and it's Bose from "Danger Force" I get to him but I was too late Krampus abducted/cursed him and I grab my "Hero's Sword" to begin my mission to rescue and purify Bose. The story starts with me dressed like Dewey from the cold opening to the "Malcolm In The Middle" episode "Malcolm Babysits" and MeGo who kidnapped Hudson taunts me because Krampus kidnapped/cursed Bose. After defeating MeGo I obtain "Earthquake spell" and I meet with an angel who force transforms me into a "Valis Warrior" where stages 2 3 4 5 & 6 not only reward you Ice Feather Flame Ring Tornado Giga Thunder & Death Flash you will also be rewarded a piece of the candy cane and after defeating Jonathon DeAngelo a cutscene occurs to where the candy cane forms a purification tool that will be used to purify Bose and the final level is Krampus's Castle where after I purify Bose me and Bose fight Krampus as a team and Bose will live with me forever at my dad's mom's old house.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: SNES - TMNT Tournament Fighters --> cannot be thrown in block stun
« Reply #7483 on: June 11, 2021, 10:22:27 pm »
Does anyone know how to make a mod/hack to the code so that characters/fighters cannot be thrown during "block stun" (meaning they are reeling from blocking a hit)? Characters already cannot be thrown when they are in "hit stun", so I would hope this may make it easier? Does anyone know how to do this?

This feels like a hack request so I had to move it.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: June 11, 2021, 10:48:08 pm »
Good lord, did you really have to be so rude about it?
As others have said, that was multiple requests.

But also just being honest about it, from many years of experience.
I can remember when I couldn't figure out how to dump a script from a particular game. Turned out to be one of the most complex ROM translations I had done to date.
It might have been about 15 years after my initial request for someone else to do it that I successfully did it myself.
If you are truly serious about seeing such a dream game, it will take probably years of learning, and possibly risk of copyright owner issues. (I'm sure there's been some fangames that ended up creating their legally distinct imitation IP in the process.) Just trying to help put the realistic expectations in perspective.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Baggins

• View Profile
« Reply #7485 on: June 12, 2021, 04:24:18 pm »
I have a request if all possible...

How feasible is it to hack the GBA/GC rumble games, so that the rumble will work on original GBA hardware through a flashcart with built in rumble. I.E. EZFlash Omega Definitive Edition, or InsideGadgets rumble flashcart...

https://shop.insidegadgets.com/
The games that give rumble on Game Cube include:

*Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga
*Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire?
*Super Mario 4 Adavnce: Super Mario Bros 3.
*Shikakui Atama o Maruku Suru. Advance - Kanji, Keisan
*Shikakui Atama o Maruku Suru. Advance - Kokugo, Sansuu, Shakai, Rika
*Summon Night - Craft Sword Monogatari - Hajimari no Ishi
*Summon Night Swordcraft 3 English Hacked version...

It would be great if these could be made to send the rumble to flashcart itself and function similarly to Drill Dozer, or hacked Wariorware Twisted.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: June 14, 2021, 10:32:27 am »
This idea came to me...for some reason, I want to see a playable Knuckles, Amy, or Fang/Nack in the Sonic Game Gear/SMS games. I mean I hear some are already trying to make a Tails playable for the Sonic 1 & 2 Game Gear/SMS, so it wouldn't be a stretch to have them playable as well. Me, I think it'd be neat to play as them.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: June 15, 2021, 10:40:52 am »
Idea for Castlevania Circle of the Moon Rebalanced:
  • Card Mode, but move Uranus to a more sane place and return the Shining Armor to its original place.
  • Make healing items more common.
  • Nerf enemies and bosses past Adrammelech.
  • Rework element absorption combos to not trigger the pain state nor its knockback.
  • Rework some passive DSS combos to consume less MP (and in the case of Venus+Griffin, maybe have it use only 1 MP per second or none at all).
  • Have it so all DSS combos are identified even before you get the cards (can be done via codebreaker “42025688 0101″ and “00000063 0001″).
  • (Optional) Auto-run instead of walk (can be done via codebreaker "72000050 0007" and "3200009C 0000"), but add a check for the run boots.
  • Remove the MP drain effect from the Battle Arena, it's already hard enough WITH MP (if you cheat infinite MP that is).
  • (If possible) do a soundtrack cleanup as to remove the (already faint) noise from it.
  • Reduce or remove the final phase of Dracula's final form (because it's a MASSIVE waiting game).

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #7488 on: June 15, 2021, 12:52:25 pm »
I agree with the running idea and with nerfing Dracula somewhat, but for cards I'd just want much more common drops/higher luck, and I don't think the rest needs balancing if these things are done.
Battle Arena should be really hard, being an optional challenge.

June 17, 2021, 02:32:19 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PS1) Improvement:

Interface/control issues to fix:
-No subtitles
-Odd delay to the camera when starting to move in a direction and it moves too far ahead so it'll keep jerking back and forth if moving back and forth and not giving a good general overview (see Global Gladiators for example) - this and how zoomed in the default view is means a zoomed out view plays better in terms of visibility but the graphics become rather pixelated and there are slowdowns
-Can't bind a sub weapon and a spell to a face button at the same time - R1 could've been used to bind both and then X and R2 to use them (you should've also been able to bind more than 4 spells or items to a quick item slot since going in and out of the pause menu is slow)
-Somewhat sloppy hit detection (unforgiving when attacking in wolf form, overly big hit box when interacting with wall switches, sometimes overly small hit box on your sword swings - they look wide but sometimes only hit in front of you, a bit unforgiving on item drops from chests and the like)
-Pointless pause animation after every fourth sword strike if you mash the button - faster than holding it
-Can't skip or partially skip dialogue lines - they also have to play out fully before you can exit the room that the NPC you talked to is in
-Sometimes can't jump for seemingly no reason in wolf form
-Somewhat slow movement in vampire form - can't upgrade it or gain a run move so you have to transform into wolf form to go faster
-Safe spots when fighting certain enemies from certain angles due to hit detection issues
-Can't replay the voice messages from triangles on the ground (some of it is NPC dialogue) - no message log
-The axes are too sluggish to use for most combat - regular attack is slow+the combo locks you into place+the spinning move is also kinda slow (and on top of this the latter two make you unable to feed on an enemy)
-Pretty slow mist form movement
-Somewhat slow menus (about 2 seconds of delay when closing one or going into a sub menu)

Some tedious aspects to fix:
-Loading and slowdown issues
-No wait command for skipping ahead to full moon or a non-rainy day
-The slow MP regen (overly slow before upgrading it three times)
-Soldiers in towns respawn when entering buildings
-A few teleporters that just move you backwards in a dungeon
-The light spell might as well have been a passive ability toggled in the menu since there are various parts you want to use it at but can't be bothered to switch to vampre form and/or go into the menu to add the spell to the quick slot (either dark areas or sprites blending into the backgrounds)
-Some enemies will walk right into your avatar's sprite - there's no contact damage but it means you don't hit them with your attacks

Misc. issues:
-Can't backtrack through doors when moving through certain dungeon areas (one of the first dungeons and malek's bastion - pointless since you can teleport to outside of the dungeon anyway and they could've made the enemies turn into spirits/MP droppers when re-entering rooms in these dungeons
-Villagers don't react to someone near them being killed
-The music pauses when viewing the map screen/moving between rooms/the teleport spell prompt pops up/checking signs and other things that can trigger a comment by Kain/talking to NPCs. The in-game music streams on a single psf channel and ambient sfx can play on other channels during this, so perhaps something can be done here.
-NPC voice samples can overlap and then become much louder+a bit scratchy, Thrown daggers sound like gunfire
-Some items, abilities and transformations are handed out too easily
-Energy bank (temporarily have max MP for about 15 seconds then lose all MP) doesn't last long enough to be worth it for the most part

Other possible improvements:
-Less linear structure in terms of the main dungeons
-Make the map feature not show the entirety of a new area at once but do make it mark items, points of interest, exits, boulders and rock pillars/statues
-Minor knockback when hitting enemies until you've weakened them and they stand stunned
-Can equip just one axe (to be able to cast spells at the same time) OR the flame sword can also cut down trees
-Somewhat weaker acid pool shot and repel spell, maybe implosion as well. Repel should either give partial protection in melee or chaos armor should be less effective so you can't just use that combo on basically any enemy even in the late game.

Bugs:
-Have to first press down to be able to select a sub weapon from the quick menu after opening it - emulation issue?
-Can lock yourself out of a life upgrade in the electric bolt dungeon if you teleport out of it before opening the left door to the second room (the door to the right closes after you when going into the puzzle room)
-The game replays the dialogue from killing your assassins if you revisit the northeastern graveyard area
-Noticeable noise at times when everything else goes quiet - emulation issue?
-You sometimes end up somewhere different (still in the same overworld sub area though) after having teleported to an area from within a dungeon and then exiting it
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:44:13 am by PresidentLeever »
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

julioitha

• View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: June 17, 2021, 11:09:49 am »
Hack Idea:
Biker Mice From Mars [SNES]
- Graphic changes:

- Or some major changes. example:
- different characters
- different levels

I certainly don't have the skills to do this, but the little I messed with the code I saw that there are great possibilities.

Some Addresses:
https://pastebin.com/ULy1mhXR
A .lua i made:
https://pastebin.com/DvdbeR3e

LaudinoInfamous

• View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: June 18, 2021, 11:14:21 am »
I have a idea (if whoever wants, talk to me.)
My email (Gmail): laudinoinfamous@gmail.com

for Street Fighter Alpha 3:

•The Name Street Fighter Alpha 3 will be converted to Street Fighter Alpha 3 Ultra

•3 secret fighters (Balrog,Juni and Juli) and 9 from Sfa3 Max will appear on Character selection

•It will have new add-ons: Parrying (Air to),Super Cancel, Dream Cancel, Target Combos,Command moves can be link to Any Move, Super Alpha Combo, Dramatic Battle Combo ( for Dram.Battle),
Short and Long Jump, Run, Backstep, Wall bounce

•No more Charged Moves,No more 360° and 720° moves

•The Command, Special moves and Super Combos in X,A,V-ISM will be together

•Add. Special moves and Command moves

•Altered motions for the Special moves and Super Combos

•No more Unlock codes (color screen) to use extra contents

•The color palettes will be different and separated by each punch and kick button.

•Additional Stages

•More Balanced

•The Moveset: Working in Progress
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:25:09 am by LaudinoInfamous »

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: June 18, 2021, 07:39:52 pm »
Can we get a MegaMan Game Gear hack(You battle robots from MegaMan 2&3)Metal,Wood,Bubble,Heat Man,Magnet,Needle,Snake,Hard Man

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7492 on: June 21, 2021, 11:08:55 pm »
Okay, this will be a bit of a wall, so bear with me.
I've had this cooking in my mind for many years now, so I thought I'd share it, maybe someone else thinks the same or can point me to the right direction.

I love most things about FF6: graphics, music, (most) characters, it's really top notch on so many levels, but the Esper/Eidolon/Phantom Beast or What-have-you system is really poorly thought out, and while it was funny to play through it as a teen while having a whole team that can doublecast Ultima and laugh everything off, as time went on I realized how much this hurts the experience.

I have a few ideas on how the system could be made into less of a hassle but I'm no hacker, and maybe these ideas of mine can't be put into practice, but I'll lay them on the table anyway.

<Idea #1: Espers are (hi)story>
Spoiler:
This is my preferred approach. I'd like to divorce Espers from character stat and spell gains so that you don't have to keep dodging experience for the first third of the game or so else you'd end with subpar stats. While the game is easy enough that you need to seriously try hard to actually mess up, in perfectionists it can create an undue pressure of having to juggle Espers all the time to optimize gains and builds. Some may like it, I personally do not.

As such, Espers/Eidolons/Phantom Beasts/What-have-yous would become merely a plot point, and not a mechanical necessity.

This means character growths and spells would work in a more traditional manner, akin to FF4, and that would obviously require the enemies to be refactored to account for the smaller availability of spells for each character, but I think it is a good approach if technically feasible.

<Idea #2: Get your A... Act in gear>
Spoiler:
This one takes a page from FF9. I like the idea of learning things via equipment, however, some FF9 gear does give stats, which leads to a very similar problem of having to break the natural flow of the game while you wait for the best equipment possible to then level up.

As I envision it, equipment would be a lot more focused for each character so it shapes what they learn to lean more closely to their archetypical class rather than everyone becoming Godlike generalists as it happens with the game nornally.
I realize this can create a situation where the game becomes gold intensive as you need to buy/find more gear to improve, but again this would be part of my natural gains idea above, just with a different focus.

Some characters would also have innate relic abilities to better reflect their classes and roles.

So there you have it, maybe someone will find these musings an interesting read, but I don't know if any of that is even possible.

Sarah Shinespark

• Creator of Arcana: Seal of Rimsala
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: June 22, 2021, 11:03:11 am »
Okay, this will be a bit of a wall, so bear with me.
I've had this cooking in my mind for many years now, so I thought I'd share it, maybe someone else thinks the same or can point me to the right direction.

I love most things about FF6: graphics, music, (most) characters, it's really top notch on so many levels, but the Esper/Eidolon/Phantom Beast or What-have-you system is really poorly thought out, and while it was funny to play through it as a teen while having a whole team that can doublecast Ultima and laugh everything off, as time went on I realized how much this hurts the experience.

I have a few ideas on how the system could be made into less of a hassle but I'm no hacker, and maybe these ideas of mine can't be put into practice, but I'll lay them on the table anyway.

<Idea #1: Espers are (hi)story>
Spoiler:
This is my preferred approach. I'd like to divorce Espers from character stat and spell gains so that you don't have to keep dodging experience for the first third of the game or so else you'd end with subpar stats. While the game is easy enough that you need to seriously try hard to actually mess up, in perfectionists it can create an undue pressure of having to juggle Espers all the time to optimize gains and builds. Some may like it, I personally do not.

As such, Espers/Eidolons/Phantom Beasts/What-have-yous would become merely a plot point, and not a mechanical necessity.

This means character growths and spells would work in a more traditional manner, akin to FF4, and that would obviously require the enemies to be refactored to account for the smaller availability of spells for each character, but I think it is a good approach if technically feasible.

<Idea #2: Get your A... Act in gear>
Spoiler:
This one takes a page from FF9. I like the idea of learning things via equipment, however, some FF9 gear does give stats, which leads to a very similar problem of having to break the natural flow of the game while you wait for the best equipment possible to then level up.

As I envision it, equipment would be a lot more focused for each character so it shapes what they learn to lean more closely to their archetypical class rather than everyone becoming Godlike generalists as it happens with the game nornally.
I realize this can create a situation where the game becomes gold intensive as you need to buy/find more gear to improve, but again this would be part of my natural gains idea above, just with a different focus.

Some characters would also have innate relic abilities to better reflect their classes and roles.

So there you have it, maybe someone will find these musings an interesting read, but I don't know if any of that is even possible.
Give Brave New World a try, it divorces esper bonuses from leveling up and gives every character a unique spell list.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7494 on: June 22, 2021, 04:01:39 pm »
Give Brave New World a try, it divorces esper bonuses from leveling up and gives every character a unique spell list.

The problem I have with that one is that, as far as I can remember, they changed the text in places to add pop culture references, something I absolutely hate in scripts; it's been a long time though so maybe they reverted the changes?

Edit: Doesn't look like it. Also, although it claims it is not a difficulty hack, it very much is, also something I don't appreciate. Difficulty adjustments should exist in separate patches, in my opinion. I appreciate the suggestion though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 04:26:38 pm by Red Soul »

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #7495 on: June 22, 2021, 11:03:45 pm »
Back in the 90's I always thought of Sonic and Tails as a more iconic buddy duo than Mario and Luigi, because unlike those two, Sonic and Tails actually went through their adventure together... granted, these days I prefer to play as Sonic solo and not have Tails cause major accidents but it's still very neat.

I'm basically proposing somebody implement "Luigi follows Mario" feature on some Mario games... given how advance the hacking community is, I'd bet this is at least close to possible already with Super Mario World.   Luigi should try to stay behind Mario but also keep up with him, respawn somehow, share Mario's powerups, and not cause Mario to lose lives or get a game over through some programming mishaps.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7496 on: June 23, 2021, 02:03:55 am »
Back in the 90's I always thought of Sonic and Tails as a more iconic buddy duo than Mario and Luigi, because unlike those two, Sonic and Tails actually went through their adventure together... granted, these days I prefer to play as Sonic solo and not have Tails cause major accidents but it's still very neat.

I'm basically proposing somebody implement "Luigi follows Mario" feature on some Mario games... given how advance the hacking community is, I'd bet this is at least close to possible already with Super Mario World.   Luigi should try to stay behind Mario but also keep up with him, respawn somehow, share Mario's powerups, and not cause Mario to lose lives or get a game over through some programming mishaps.

That's an interesting idea. I also thought of something tangentially related to this: If Mario would be hit without power ups, instead of the player losing a life, play would continue with Luigi (similarly how DKC handles this), so in a way it would be possible to have a more direct way of playing cooperatively by sharing a controller.

Sarah Shinespark

• Creator of Arcana: Seal of Rimsala
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: June 23, 2021, 01:54:35 pm »
The problem I have with that one is that, as far as I can remember, they changed the text in places to add pop culture references, something I absolutely hate in scripts; it's been a long time though so maybe they reverted the changes?

Edit: Doesn't look like it. Also, although it claims it is not a difficulty hack, it very much is, also something I don't appreciate. Difficulty adjustments should exist in separate patches, in my opinion. I appreciate the suggestion though.
There's a side patch Clean New World in the download, that sticks to the vanilla dialogue. And the game balance was completely overhauled so you can't just hold A to win, it's more about learning how each enemy fights. Yes it's a lot more difficult from the original, but this is speaking in relation to being hosted on the same site as Tactics 1.3 which might as well be a kaizo to me. Really BNW is about taking advantage of every tool you have: want someone to set Sap like Sabin's Pummel, want a tank with cover/counter to sponge hits, and then the mages raining hot death; whereas the original is like "which of these 5 ways can I break this boss over my knee".

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7498 on: June 23, 2021, 04:44:41 pm »
There's a side patch Clean New World in the download, that sticks to the vanilla dialogue.

Very true, but it seems neither really stick to the script without any changes.
From the read me:

"If desired, apply one of the translation patches AFTER applying Brave New World. Be warned that
Clean New World was not taken seriously and contains obviously (and badly) censored dialogue

This seems to berate the player for wanting a clean script. Maybe it's an inside joke,
but it's not a good one, if so.

Vanilla New World is an attempt by a fan of Brave New World to make it more accessible to
certain types of players. ¡Espanol Nueva Mundo! should be fairly self-explanitory."

I'm not sure what this entails, but I'm willing to bet it's tongue-in-cheek.

So it would seem it butchers the script one way or another.

And the game balance was completely overhauled so you can't just hold A to win, it's more about learning how each enemy fights. Yes it's a lot more difficult from the original, but this is speaking in relation to being hosted on the same site as Tactics 1.3 which might as well be a kaizo to me. Really BNW is about taking advantage of every tool you have: want someone to set Sap like Sabin's Pummel, want a tank with cover/counter to sponge hits, and then the mages raining hot death; whereas the original is like "which of these 5 ways can I break this boss over my knee".

I can get behind fighting smarter, but again, I find the script liberties difficult to cope with.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:57:18 pm by Red Soul »

shanem

• View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: June 23, 2021, 05:35:16 pm »
Just curious if this has been done: Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) with SRAM saving on the NES. I haven’t seen a patch for this yet. Might be worth a good project.