News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2417226 times)

glitere12

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7240 on: January 16, 2021, 04:13:11 pm »
i wanna know if it's possible to convert a book pdf into a playable snes rom, think like a visual novel and what would we need to do it

gameypants

• View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: January 16, 2021, 08:09:45 pm »
A DX version of Donkey Kong '94 in the vein of stuff like Super Mario Land 2 DX would be really cool!

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7242 on: January 17, 2021, 11:11:24 am »
Additionally I bring back the idea of removing permanent Elf penalty. Have it only apply to using temporary ones.

This.
Bottom Text

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: January 17, 2021, 11:42:14 am »
A DX version of Donkey Kong '94 in the vein of stuff like Super Mario Land 2 DX would be really cool!

It's crazy that I was was just talking about this with a friend a day or two ago. I really hope this is next after Mega Man V DX.
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

glitere12

• View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: January 17, 2021, 05:03:06 pm »
someone made a version of tsukihime(a Visual Novel from the creators of Fate, with a remake coming this year) for the DS, but doesn't work on emulators, is it possible to use this to create a proper ds rom of tsukihime?
https://nostalgialand.net/viewtopic.php?t=1054

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7245 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:14 am »
If the game isn't supported on real consoles but not emulators, well then maybe someone that would know enough to fix the ROM should help fix the emulators instead. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Zandig

• View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: January 18, 2021, 10:15:18 am »
I'd REALLY like to see a patch to remove the head-bobbing/walking effect in the original PlayStation release of King's Field (キングスフィールド):

https://www.mobygames.com/game/kings-field_
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1067/

Played this game on and off for many years but never completed it due to getting queasy after playing for longer periods of time.
You can turn off the head-bobbing effect in later games in the series, but not this one.

Ligeia

• View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: January 18, 2021, 12:22:48 pm »
I would LOVE to see a GB Final Fantasy Adventure DX see the light of day. It's one of the most underrated gems of all time and deserves some attention !

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: January 18, 2021, 02:55:45 pm »
I would LOVE to see a GB Final Fantasy Adventure DX see the light of day. It's one of the most underrated gems of all time and deserves some attention !

This too! Though I'm not sure if it will happen or not since Sword of Mana exists. :-\
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: January 18, 2021, 03:15:19 pm »
We need a Super monico GP Gen hack(2020-2021)F1 Season and able to change the outfit on the girl in the intro

N.Dpendent

• View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: January 18, 2021, 08:49:14 pm »
I`m working on a hack for Umihara Kawase, to play as Scorpion from MK...

Need some help, to find the gfx of the rope to change it to look more like Scorpions Speer and maybe exchange some sfx too
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:34:55 am by N.Dpendent »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #7251 on: January 19, 2021, 12:32:11 am »
This too! Though I'm not sure if it will happen or not since Sword of Mana exists. :-\

Maybe I don't understand Final Fantasy Adventure. The "draw your own map" school of design just isn't for me. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:57:22 am by tc »

Fezworth64

• View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: January 19, 2021, 04:05:18 am »
May I suggest an MSU-1 hack of Turtles in Time to restore the arcade music to the game.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: January 19, 2021, 07:39:28 am »
Sword of Mana is not Final Fantasy Adventure. Even their Japanese names makes it clear:
Sword of Mana = Shin'yaku: Seiken Densetsu (A New Testament: The Legend of the Sacred Sword)
Final Fantasy Adventure = Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (The Legend of the Sacred Sword: Final Fantasy Side Story)

Adventures of Mana is however a more 1:1 Remake of Final Fantasy Adventure, however it was only on iPhone, Android and PS Vita.

Speaking of, yeah, there was a 1:1 remake of Final Fantasy Adventure that was released on phones, and that could be used for reference. Example:

Blast, I came here to suggest something and actually forgot to. Anyways, idea: Double Dragon hack that replaces the art style with River City Ransom (with Andy & Randy (Ryuichi & Ryuji) being the main characters). And by default for Double Dragon III have it so 1P mode uses the intro of 2P mode and allows both characters to be usable from the get go.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 08:30:32 am by Tsukiyomaru0 »

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: January 20, 2021, 07:36:29 am »
A good hack for PS II is a 4x exp multiplier(Same as in Sega Ages vol 32)very easy mode
making it easier to get through the game(less grinding)

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: January 20, 2021, 04:47:39 pm »
I remember that some people at Junker HQ were trying to make a translation of the Snatcher game for the PC Engine CD. However, the production has been either in hiatus or dead and I wish someone would revive the project of doing the translation of the PC Engine CD game version (or if possible find a way to port the Sega CD stuff into the PC Engine somehow).

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: January 21, 2021, 09:41:38 pm »
someone made a version of tsukihime(a Visual Novel from the creators of Fate, with a remake coming this year) for the DS, but doesn't work on emulators, is it possible to use this to create a proper ds rom of tsukihime?
https://nostalgialand.net/viewtopic.php?t=1054

Seconded. Seems too unfair to being able to play only in real hardware.

Also, transcript the English TL to the GBA releases. They're complete.

DUMB IDEA: Cram the routes of Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel to separate GBA ROMs using GBA Tsukihime's engine.

Like Pokémon: Fat King Edition, Wooden Plank Edition, and Worms Sack Edition.

N.Dpendent

• View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: January 22, 2021, 03:25:02 am »
I`m working on a hack for Umihara Kawase, to play as Scorpion from MK...

First try to do some pixelart...

Need some help, to find the gfx of the rope to change it to look more like Scorpions Speer and maybe exchange some sfx too
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 03:35:08 am by N.Dpendent »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #7258 on: January 22, 2021, 05:27:04 am »
^Good start though if you want to mimic the Kawase art style you should remove the black outlines. You can also use 1-2 more shades per surface.

Legacy of the Wizard (NES, 1987) Improvement
-Shortcuts stay opened (movable block ones can be turned into one way breakable walls that stay removed perhaps? or the powered boots could destroy movable blocks)
-Friction when standing on enemies to use them as platforms so it's easier to use to traverse (unless they jump maybe?)
-Temporary invincibility (ring) lasts a bit longer
-Battery save
-Can bounce off of enemies with the powered boots as depicted in the manual
-Poison item can be destroyed by attacking it 2-3 times (no need to wait for it to disappear in tight spots)
-Some or all monsters in Pochi's area can hit him (the area is too easy)
-Can avoid fall damage with a button combo instead of pausing (see Streets of Rage for example) and you have to fall at least half a screen for it to trigger
-Powered boots reduce spike damage if equipped instead of the weird trick where you hold up while moving to do it - this also lets you move past tight spots with spikes under them if you have them
-No gravity effect on pushable blocks - weird but also creates some interesting puzzles where you build starcases of sorts with blocks
-Can slide movable blocks vertically straight up or down from the side with the glove (since you can do it horizontally)
-Add a basic map in-game like in the CV2 hack by Bisqwit or the Metroid 1 hack
-All chests should be avoidable so you can keep contents for later if you want to (the game already lets you not grab an item from an opened chest and it will stay)
-No respawning enemies right next to puzzles or platforming segments
-Unlocked doors stay unlocked - avoids grinding for keys (alternatively some shops could sell keys or some enemies can have a high drop rate or there could be a few more 20 key items in chests)
-Maybe: Going into an inn or shop resets the blocks in the current room
-Somewhat slower max falling speed (might not be needed if other fixes are done though)

Control/interface issue fixes:
-Manual jump height control
-Using the glove is mapped to attack and replaces attacking while equipped
-The game doesn't do this: if you jump and land on a movable block/bump into one from below or the side then the game interprets it as you wanting to move it and bases the direction on which way you were turned before jumping - can sometimes screw you over as it can happen even if you're not holding the jump button down for long (happens immediately if pushing against a block from the side or below when pressing jump which kinda sucks in tight spaces))
-The game is less picky about positioning when climbing ladders - currently very hard to grab a ladder while falling and as soon as you press l/r while on a ladder your char lets go and falls so you have to press jump right before pressing a direction
-Don't have to wait for an enemy to fall off screen for its item drop to appear - this combined with poison drops currently means you have to wait a bit after each killed enemy which breaks flow
-No animation from fall damage (during which you lose control over your avatar)
-Can move while aiming downwards
-Can move horizontally on top of ladders (instead of falling down)
-Don't fall down immediately after touching a block from below
-Revealing breakable blocks used as floor traps can be done from either direction if there's a solid block next to it
-Somewhat less vertical-focused jumps (similar to Contra)

-Added block rewind/reset spell or ability - Could cost something like 15 MP to use?
-Fewer rooms with narrow zig zag paths (the one with a shop that sells armor is particularly tedious)
-Crosses also remove breakable blocks so can be used as an x-ray vision of sorts - alternatively there could be a new item that reveals them and which drains MP
-Less backtracking (an item that you just bought can be equipped at that shop, fewer dead ends within rooms - sometimes at the end of a hidden path))
-Removed: trying push a block upwards while landing on it damages you
-No leaps of faith into spikes
-No unavoidable damage from block and chest mimic enemies
-Not only Roas can use the crowns at the end
-Add one room where you can switch characters somewhere in the dungeon (perhaps in the hub room)
-Harder first boss as Pochi (dies too quickly)
-Harder final boss?
-Experimental: make chest items like bread increase base char stats a little or add items in some spots that do it. This is just to add more of a sense of progression and let you play almost the whole game with one char if you want to
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Kowalski

• View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: January 23, 2021, 07:45:06 am »
OK guys I have one request for you supersmart people.
I think Its a very simple thing for somebody that has the skill to do what you guys are doing here.
There is a small bug in NeoGeo old king of fighters game that has been fixed since KOF2002 and beyond.
The bug is simple. The diagonals will not get recognized when doing moves if they are not pressed for 4 frames or more.
What that means is that if you do your moves too well and too fast you will fail to do your fireballs or supers. Happens in kof9897,96 and i guess in others too.
The most cool to be fixed would be KOF98 as it is the one that is being played competetively through emulators these days.

Does any of you guys think that this can be possible? any help? thank you guys.