News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2851459 times)

VintageHondaBikeGuy

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7040 on: October 30, 2020, 11:35:19 am »
I'm brand new here on the boards, but a long time lurker and user.  Feel free to let me know if this isn't the right place for this hack request.

For a long time, I have really wanted a "bug fix" hack for the NES version of Slalom that prevents you from slowing down when pressing down in the air to do a trick.  It always seemed like a bug, as it seems like it's also putting on the "brake" that would normally be put on to slow you down if you're skiing on the ground.  If you're in the air, there's no reason to slow down.  I'd be willing to make a modest monetary contribution for someone's time if they could make this rom hack, as it's a game I grew up with and that "bug" always kind of drove me nuts.

I've really enjoyed a lot of the other "bug fix" hacks on the site.

Thanks!

singhtruer

• View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 30, 2020, 01:36:22 pm »
I have solved this bug, as well as the knock-back that some people find frustrating. I was hoping to fix other bugs at the same time (enemies staying dead when killed, balancing the jumping slash...), but those will take me much longer. I'll try to release what I have very soon.

Awesome! All I request is to please make stand alone patches available for those who only want the checkpoint fix or gameplay changes.

HellfireEternal

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 31, 2020, 02:34:59 pm »
I think this one would be easy and would be super appreciated by the Super Metroid community...

Could someone please just remove the Control Freak patch (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/) from the Super Metroid Redux hack (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4963/)? I feel like it would be just comparing the original Super Metroid with the Control Freak patch and then just putting the original hex/codes over top of the changes in the Super Metroid Redux hack. If anyone could do this for me I'd happily throw some money their way through Patreon or whatever. Or maybe someone could just suggest what programs I could use to do the comparisons? Thanks!

I really like the cool Quality of Life features of the Super Metroid Redux but I hate how it completely changes how the controls work and how the game plays. It's just TOO significant of a change and I'd like to remove it. Luckily the Super Metroid Redux hack is a combination of several smaller hacks so it should be possible to remove one of them? Thanks for any help!

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 31, 2020, 04:47:52 pm »
I was able to apply the Game Genie code to the ROM, and it worked.

I'll make a patch and post it on here.

very grateful SCD  :beer:, could you try to apply it to a ROM from (Japan) is the one I have and I can't make it work, the trick appears in the options menu but it doesn't work :-\

this is the GameGenie MD code that does not work for me

MUSHA MD ( Japan) / select level

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7044 on: October 31, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »
very grateful SCD  :beer:, could you try to apply it to a ROM from (Japan) is the one I have and I can't make it work, the trick appears in the options menu but it doesn't work :-\

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

It's probably because of the ROM extension. I've just tried it and the code works on the JP version.

1) Grab the rom. If it's in MD or SMD format, also grab SBWin.
2) Grab Game Genie Guy.
3) And get Fix Checksum as well.
4) Open SBWin and convert the ROM to BIN extension.
5) Open GGGuy, choose the ROM, apply all the codes at once (one per line is preferable) and click "Patch" (nevermind the other options). The program will create a new ROM, named after the original with "GG" added at the end.
6) Open Fix Checksum, open the new ROM and choose "Fix Checksum".

You're done.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 31, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

You're welcome. I was able to make a patch for the Japanese ROM, I'll add it as a update for my hack once it gets approved.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: November 01, 2020, 05:39:26 am »
Ideas for a couple GB Castlevanias
Castlevania: Belmont's Revenge
→ A better colorization than the one in Konami GB Collection
→ Make it so both the Axe and the Cross can drop regardless of the version
→ Add a Dagger for when you have no subweapon

Castlevania Legends:
→ A better colorization for it
→ Change Spells into Subweapons

fracto

• View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: November 01, 2020, 09:39:39 am »
A Final Fantasy Legend III patch with the SaGa 3 title screen would be nice

Noside

• View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:32 pm »
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 for the NES with a simultaneous 2 player mode

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: November 01, 2020, 05:12:26 pm »
My MegaDrive is Japanese model, I wanted to try a copy of the Street Fighter II Champion Edition prototype "Rom"

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/The_Lost_Street_Fighter_II:_Champion_Edition_for_Sega_Mega_Drive

Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Jul 30, 1993 prototype)

The prototype has region lock (Genesis only) and I can't find a GameGenie code that allows playing the prototype on Japanese MegaDrive :P

(GameGenie code from SF II SCE does not work, nor does the master unlock code to play American cartridge on Japanese MegaDrive) :-\

A unlock Rom for the Japanese MegaDrive of Street Fighter II Champion Edition prototype would be good this Hack for all users of the Japanese version
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 05:35:25 pm by cartridge_rom »

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: November 02, 2020, 10:53:52 pm »
Rewatching Legends of Treasure Island and playing High Seas Havoc, I couldn't help but wonder if there should be a hack of the High Seas Havoc game, but base it more on this obscure and forgotten animated TV series. I mean it could work, but I feel that it may be a long time before anyone thinks this is a good idea to do with a lot of work.

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7051 on: November 03, 2020, 06:44:54 am »
With SF2 Graphics Editor released, someone might as well turn it into Street Fighter vs X-Men.

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
How feasible would be a SNES demake/port of Symphony of the Night and/or Megaman X4?

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: November 06, 2020, 07:11:42 am »
We need a PSIII Hack asap(30 years since the game was out)
To celebrate this a major hack would be nice(all redone/upgraded Graphics,NPCs,Dialog&New storyline,music,exp multipliers,ect)

Beachcomber

• View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: November 06, 2020, 07:41:42 pm »
I would like Chun-Li's fireball in Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES) to be in Street Fighter II (SNES) with the quarter circle motion.

I would like the later Final Fantasy games in GBA, SNES to have the same font as the GB and NES ones. They would look so much better!

I would like X's hadoken and X2's shoryuken to be in X3. One-shot. It would better round up the snes trilogy. And with simplified controls ie double-tap or diagonal down.

I would like Rockman 5's fireball to be in Rockman 6. It's bigger and looks nicer. And without charging as an option.

I would like Dr. Wily in Rockman 1-6 be replaced by Dr. Mario. I figured the sprites in the placid puzzler to be the same size so it won't be hard.

I would like Breakman (Protoman) in Rockman 3 (or any other Rockman) to keep his biker helmet. I always thought "he" looked better and less idiotic that way.

I would like Rockman in Rockman 2 (or any other Rockman) to have his hair like on the mezzanine storey of the skyscraper. I thought "he" looked nice. Select once for the helmet, select again for the hair.

I would like Super Mario Kart (SNES) and Outrunners (Genesis) to have the split screen removed. The scenery looks better that way.

I would like the second colour in versus to be available in Streets of Rage II and III co-op. I thought they are nice, especially Blaze's blue outfit in II. And for III there'll be four colours where Blaze has red, grey, and two others from versus in JP/US. I wonder why no one has ever thought of this.

I would like the point and food items in Streets of Rage II and III to be replaced by that in Warriors of Fate (Food: Fish/Lobster for Chicken and Bun for Apple) and Final Fight (Food: Hamburger for Chicken, Soda for Apple and Point: Radio for Dollar Bag). If it takes up too much memory then Axel must go.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:06:42 am by Beachcomber »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: November 06, 2020, 10:58:55 pm »
Please use the EDIT button to edit your recent post.
Or better yet, please take some time to concentrate all your ideas into one post than to make a new reply after two minutes.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #7056 on: November 07, 2020, 12:07:36 am »
I'd probably have better luck pitching this to Sonic Retro but i'm not going back to a Sonic centric community any time soon lol... but the Sonic Forces Avatar character in the Genesis games would be neat.  Forces was such a disappointment of a game but the Avatar was actually pretty fun to play as. The game was like 90% 2D anyway so it's not a stretch to put them in a 2D setting.

I suppose the logical choice would be to use the red wolf with the glasses from the box art and promo material, but customization of the character and the wispon would be amazing.. that's a tall order, but the wizardry I've seen from the Sonic hacking community leads me to believe it's not impossible, even if the customization options were in the patch itself like Sonic 3 complete's optional patches.

Also replace Tails with Sonic since Sonic and the player Avatar actually worked together in the game.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Beachcomber

• View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: November 07, 2020, 06:11:30 am »
I would like Dr. Wily in Rockman 1-6 be replaced by Dr. Mario. I figured the sprites in the placid puzzler to be the same size so it won't be hard.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:41:53 am by Beachcomber »

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: November 07, 2020, 05:49:23 pm »
I have a few ideas for patches of Castlevania symphony of the night.

-Add in more teleport rooms in places like the marble corridor and chapel.They can be put in place of some of the empty rooms.

-Have Richter run by default instead of having to double tap left or right on the D-pad.

-Have the monster list available in the pause menu.

-Allow players to switch between normal and reverse castle inside the teleport rooms by pressing down on the D-pad (once the reverse castle has been unlocked).

-have the glowing doors be able to open without the required item.

-have it so that pressing the L2 button allows for the super jump instead of pressing down the up on the D-pad.

-Have Richter's outfit from the Saturn version in the PS1 version.

-Have the voices from the PSP port.

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: November 08, 2020, 07:37:58 am »
Late in the year to suggest this but we need alot of Calvin&Hobbes Nes roms(35 years of the comic)
Calvin ball,Spaceman Spiff,Rpg styled,ect https://pleated-jeans.com/2011/02/14/calvin-and-hobbes-nintendo-video-game/