News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2166291 times)

FMecha

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7040 on: October 26, 2020, 02:28:01 pm »
Something I'm actually trying to do, but currently hit a roadblock (since I've trying looking for helmet graphics in the ROM to no avail):

Super F1 Circus 3 (SNES): Replace David Coulthard with Ayrton Senna, considering Roland Ratzenberger is in the game. Alternatively, I could keep Coulthard in and replace Ratzenberger with Andrea Montermini, considering he was Ratzenberger's first replacement driver - except everything in this game seems like it's developed during the first few GPs (Simtek having their testing livery with no MTV sponsor logos on the team list during startup, McLaren and Sauber having their 1993 liveries for some reason in the same sequence, etc).

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 27, 2020, 04:38:41 pm »
Hack request for Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (SNES, 1995) that remaps the buttons. B for jump, Y for attack, A, X, or L/R to use Ninja Art.
free sluffy

Domino089

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 27, 2020, 05:24:09 pm »
I have an idea for a Remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project for SNES, I have always wanted to see this game in 16 bits I don't know why in its launching time it didn't have a port for arcade or Super Nintendo.

The idea would be to have as base the ROM of Turtles in Time, for graphic elements like the turtles and some enemies and objects, I know that this would be a quite complicated project since they would have to recreate the scenarios of TMNT III and several sprites of enemies and bosses that don't appear in TMNT IV, as well as the scenes between levels.

Also this can be applied to another project like the remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game, a game that was released for NES with some extras that are not in the arcade version, I would also love to see this one in 16 bit for SNES.

These ideas are free and can be executed by anyone who is interested and can make these two projects a reality.

singhtruer

• View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: October 27, 2020, 06:23:02 pm »
Some hacks that I would love:

A hack for Super Castlevania IV that allows you to lock Simon in place by holding R shoulder button so you can make multiple diagonal whips without moving forward, the same way it works in Contra III: The Alien Wars and also make Up + Y use the subweapon instead of whipping straight upwards when not holding R, for consistency among all the Castlevania games.

A similar locking in place hack for Gunstar Heroes but implemented using the MODE shoulder button on the 6-button controller like this Contra: Hard Corps hack: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4665/

A hack that fixes the frustrating checkpoints for Ninja Gaiden on NES by sending you back to the last checkpoint, notably when dying at bosses and particularly the final boss at 6-4 sending you all the way back to 6-1!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 06:38:15 pm by singhtruer »

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 28, 2020, 02:20:36 am »
A retranslation for SOS (Septentrion in Japan) for the SNES would be great. The translation we ended up getting is too awkward for such a cinematic experience.
free sluffy

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7045 on: October 28, 2020, 09:08:55 am »
A hack for Super Castlevania IV that allows you to lock Simon in place by holding R shoulder button so you can make multiple diagonal whips without moving forward, the same way it works in Contra III: The Alien Wars and also make Up + Y use the subweapon instead of whipping straight upwards when not holding R, for consistency among all the Castlevania games.

I think this covers your first request, at least.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #7046 on: October 29, 2020, 11:04:16 am »
I think this covers your first request, at least.

It is actually possible to combine Don't Move patch with bogaabogaa's Run patch included in the Coffee Edition. I made a mod that allows you to Run with R and Lock with L.
Insert "Witty Text" here.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: October 29, 2020, 06:55:17 pm »
apply as GameGenie Permanent code - be able to select level in MUSHA: Super Hybrid Metallic Uniframe Armor

ps = the trick is bad, very heavy to repeat always and the game is very hard >:(

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: October 29, 2020, 08:11:30 pm »
I was able to apply the Game Genie code to the ROM, and it worked.

I'll make a patch and post it on here.

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 29, 2020, 11:45:40 pm »
I have solved this bug, as well as the knock-back that some people find frustrating. I was hoping to fix other bugs at the same time (enemies staying dead when killed, balancing the jumping slash...), but those will take me much longer. I'll try to release what I have very soon.

A hack that fixes the frustrating checkpoints for Ninja Gaiden on NES by sending you back to the last checkpoint, notably when dying at bosses and particularly the final boss at 6-4 sending you all the way back to 6-1!

VintageHondaBikeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: October 30, 2020, 11:35:19 am »
I'm brand new here on the boards, but a long time lurker and user.  Feel free to let me know if this isn't the right place for this hack request.

For a long time, I have really wanted a "bug fix" hack for the NES version of Slalom that prevents you from slowing down when pressing down in the air to do a trick.  It always seemed like a bug, as it seems like it's also putting on the "brake" that would normally be put on to slow you down if you're skiing on the ground.  If you're in the air, there's no reason to slow down.  I'd be willing to make a modest monetary contribution for someone's time if they could make this rom hack, as it's a game I grew up with and that "bug" always kind of drove me nuts.

I've really enjoyed a lot of the other "bug fix" hacks on the site.

Thanks!

singhtruer

• View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: October 30, 2020, 01:36:22 pm »
I have solved this bug, as well as the knock-back that some people find frustrating. I was hoping to fix other bugs at the same time (enemies staying dead when killed, balancing the jumping slash...), but those will take me much longer. I'll try to release what I have very soon.

Awesome! All I request is to please make stand alone patches available for those who only want the checkpoint fix or gameplay changes.

HellfireEternal

• View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: October 31, 2020, 02:34:59 pm »
I think this one would be easy and would be super appreciated by the Super Metroid community...

Could someone please just remove the Control Freak patch (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/) from the Super Metroid Redux hack (https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4963/)? I feel like it would be just comparing the original Super Metroid with the Control Freak patch and then just putting the original hex/codes over top of the changes in the Super Metroid Redux hack. If anyone could do this for me I'd happily throw some money their way through Patreon or whatever. Or maybe someone could just suggest what programs I could use to do the comparisons? Thanks!

I really like the cool Quality of Life features of the Super Metroid Redux but I hate how it completely changes how the controls work and how the game plays. It's just TOO significant of a change and I'd like to remove it. Luckily the Super Metroid Redux hack is a combination of several smaller hacks so it should be possible to remove one of them? Thanks for any help!

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: October 31, 2020, 04:47:52 pm »
I was able to apply the Game Genie code to the ROM, and it worked.

I'll make a patch and post it on here.

very grateful SCD  :beer:, could you try to apply it to a ROM from (Japan) is the one I have and I can't make it work, the trick appears in the options menu but it doesn't work :-\

this is the GameGenie MD code that does not work for me

MUSHA MD ( Japan) / select level

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7054 on: October 31, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »
very grateful SCD  :beer:, could you try to apply it to a ROM from (Japan) is the one I have and I can't make it work, the trick appears in the options menu but it doesn't work :-\

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

It's probably because of the ROM extension. I've just tried it and the code works on the JP version.

1) Grab the rom. If it's in MD or SMD format, also grab SBWin.
2) Grab Game Genie Guy.
3) And get Fix Checksum as well.
4) Open SBWin and convert the ROM to BIN extension.
5) Open GGGuy, choose the ROM, apply all the codes at once (one per line is preferable) and click "Patch" (nevermind the other options). The program will create a new ROM, named after the original with "GG" added at the end.
6) Open Fix Checksum, open the new ROM and choose "Fix Checksum".

You're done.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: October 31, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »

REWT-A6V2
REYA-A6TJ
REWT-A61A

You're welcome. I was able to make a patch for the Japanese ROM, I'll add it as a update for my hack once it gets approved.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: November 01, 2020, 05:39:26 am »
Ideas for a couple GB Castlevanias
Castlevania: Belmont's Revenge
→ A better colorization than the one in Konami GB Collection
→ Make it so both the Axe and the Cross can drop regardless of the version
→ Add a Dagger for when you have no subweapon

Castlevania Legends:
→ A better colorization for it
→ Change Spells into Subweapons

fracto

• View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: November 01, 2020, 09:39:39 am »
A Final Fantasy Legend III patch with the SaGa 3 title screen would be nice

Noside

• View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: November 01, 2020, 01:23:32 pm »
A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 for the NES with a simultaneous 2 player mode

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: November 01, 2020, 05:12:26 pm »
My MegaDrive is Japanese model, I wanted to try a copy of the Street Fighter II Champion Edition prototype "Rom"

https://hiddenpalace.org/News/The_Lost_Street_Fighter_II:_Champion_Edition_for_Sega_Mega_Drive

Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Jul 30, 1993 prototype)

The prototype has region lock (Genesis only) and I can't find a GameGenie code that allows playing the prototype on Japanese MegaDrive :P

(GameGenie code from SF II SCE does not work, nor does the master unlock code to play American cartridge on Japanese MegaDrive) :-\

A unlock Rom for the Japanese MegaDrive of Street Fighter II Champion Edition prototype would be good this Hack for all users of the Japanese version
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 05:35:25 pm by cartridge_rom »