News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2462400 times)

Syeo

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6960 on: October 04, 2020, 04:56:58 pm »
Illusion of Time/Gaia with Zelda characters

Someone played this game? It's an action adventure where a boy goes on a quest to rescue the world. He fights monsters, he solves puzzles and dungeons. It's a nice game. I always had to think about the game as a Zelda game. The sprites could be changed so Will (the boy protagonist) is Young Link. He later can transform into a knight, who could be Dark Link. The other main characters could be turned into Zelda characters as well, as there is a princess who could need some new colors.

The title screen could be changed as well, like "The Legend of Zelda: Illusion of Time/Gaia". I'd love to see something like that!

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 05, 2020, 09:57:24 pm »
Ideas for Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance:
→ New Game Plus. This and Circle of the Moon could use a NG+ in a style similar to Aria of Sorrow, where relics/abilities and keys are lost but all else is kept. (Floating/Infinite Boots would be kept, since they are already endgame gear anyways. Plus it'd be funny to "break" the game after you are done with it)
→ Make it so Crush Boots, Night Goggles and Crushing Stone's effects are applied once you get them, without having to equip first. (However, in Crushing Stone's case, the crushing property is the only effect applied without equipping, and the charging is faster and causes more damage to compensate)
→ Increase the odds of Rare Ghost appearing and add more rooms where it can appear.
→ Add a custom item named "Danasty's Scroll" that reduces all subweapon heart usage greatly, with knives becoming free.
→ Change "Cristopher's Soul"/"Bullet Tip" behavior to allow it to be used regardless of full health or not, but to balance reduce the ATK.
→ Change "Sylpha's Soul"/"Cypher's Charm" behavior to greatly increase MP gain (almost similar to Chaos Ring in Aria of Sorrow) at the cost of greatly lowering ATK and DEF.
→ Add a "Sylpha mode", possibly with the name "BELNADES": start with lower HP, Heart, DEF and ATK, but high INT, MP and all books.
→ Add a "Grant mode", possibly with the name "DANASTY": start with lower MP, ATK, DEF and INT, but high HP, LUCK and Heart.

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6962 on: October 07, 2020, 05:13:22 am »
Rom Hack idea for Star Fox Adventures
-Restore characters and Story from the original game Dinosaur Planet 64

That sounds like such a cool idea but I feel like the gamecube game modding scene is practically non-existant and what you're asking would require a lot of programming wizardry that would take decades for one person or even a small team.  You'd have to remove all references to Star Fox, which is harder than you might think, re-do or remove the voice acting, develop new cut scenes and replace the old ones, ect.

I think we'll have better luck waiting for the N64 version of the game to leak someday... and I hope it does.

On a different note... speaking of "Game with Zelda characters", I just started playing Neutopia today, the most shameless Zelda 1 clone ever, and I am loving it, but I still feel like i'm playing a bootleg version of Zelda, idk if hacking Turbografx 16 is that tough but making a Zelda version of that would be pretty sweet.  At the very least the main character should be Link.

EDIT: Also, Bonk's Revenge sprites to replace Bonk's Adventure sprites. I can't stand how he looks in the original Bonk's Adventure. I was going to do it myself, but it seems the game doesn't play well with YYCHR which is all I know how to use.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:36:31 am by pocket »
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

WingMantis

• View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 07, 2020, 05:48:14 pm »
Silent Hill 4 The Room with Tommy Wiseau

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: October 08, 2020, 12:06:13 pm »
Silent Hill 4 The Room with Tommy Wiseau

OH HAI PYRAMIDHEAD

CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP

ANYWAY, HOW's YOUR SEX LIFE?

and

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!! LITERALLY!!!

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 08, 2020, 04:34:42 pm »
OH HAI PYRAMIDHEAD

CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP

ANYWAY, HOW's YOUR SEX LIFE?

and

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!! LITERALLY!!!

Needs this much of Bad Acting!

Megaman & Bass [GBA]:

SNES color restoration, make Bass' dash command like in MM10: Down+Jump.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 08, 2020, 04:55:30 pm »
Needs this much of Bad Acting!

Megaman & Bass [GBA]:

SNES color restoration, make Bass' dash command like in MM10: Down+Jump.
Better yet: remove command dash, move dash to L and R. And for Mega make it so it's the slide button.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 08, 2020, 05:48:21 pm »
In all the years of people playing A Link to The Past am I the _only_ person who has noticed the fact Link's eye on the left side has an extra black pixel when he is standing normally, but when you charge up the Sword Spin Attack, that extra pixel is gone? It also isn't there at the beginning of the game before you have the shield. His eyes are normal until then. After that one pupil is larger than the other.

It's not as noticeable on a CRT, so maybe that's why they missed it. But on an HDTV it's noticeable and kind of offputting especially to people like me who have OCD, lol.

October 08, 2020, 05:50:49 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Better yet: remove command dash, move dash to L and R. And for Mega make it so it's the slide button.

Seconded. R Dash is superior. Why they made it Double Tap is beyond me. Every time I would play Mega Man X I always, always, always set the Dash to be the R button.

Also wasn't there an R Dash patch for the SNES version of Mega Man and Bass?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:01:35 pm by WeebeeGeebee »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: October 08, 2020, 06:42:41 pm »

The title screen could be changed as well, like "The Legend of Zelda: Illusion of Time/Gaia". I'd love to see something like that!

You know that is EXACTLY what Nintendo was going for when they replaced the title sequence for the US version?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: October 08, 2020, 11:35:12 pm »

Seconded. R Dash is superior. Why they made it Double Tap is beyond me. Every time I would play Mega Man X I always, always, always set the Dash to be the R button.

You guys barely touched Megaman 10, haven't you?

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: October 09, 2020, 10:40:41 am »

Also wasn't there an R Dash patch for the SNES version of Mega Man and Bass?
Well, it was double tap since the SNES, at least for X games, wasn't it? Plus Command Dash in Mega Man Zero was double tap.

You guys barely touched Megaman 10, haven't you?
I know I played Mega Man Zero and had an easier time without Command Dash and with Dash being on R button.

Plus there's a problem with Down+Jump: Ladders.

Oh, an idea that will take considerable effort: Fix Gauntlet Dark Legacy for GBA. Why? It has AWFUL soundtrack and the sprites could either use an outline or the background could be darker.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:06:34 pm by Tsukiyomaru0 »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 10, 2020, 03:23:46 am »
I always set X's dash to R also.

OldClassicGamer

• The Uncrowned King of all Prinnies.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6972 on: October 10, 2020, 11:13:48 am »
Decided to try posting here because moderators haven't approved my attempts to bump the thread.
I would love if someone could finish the translation of the Korean RPG for PC Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche.
Old translator Talbain seems to have disappeared off the web and when I contacted one person who knows him, I was told he quit translating and does not wish to be contacted. From what I've seen, he left all the work he did uploaded on Mediafire. I absolutely have no skills for translating games and I know nothing of Korean but I really hope someone could pick up where Talbain left and finish translation 100%. I also found some tools on Russian forum for cancelled Russian translation attempt so I could post them if there was someone who was seriously interested in finishing the translation.
Next year on 28th December, it will be the 20th anniversary since the game was released.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 10, 2020, 11:19:10 am »
Honestly I'd like to see English translations of these three Famicom games:

* Labyrinth: Maou no Meikyuu — that rare game featuring David Bowie, who appeared in the 1986 film of the same name as well. I even did a longplay of it, which is available on WoL site. Yes, I know there was an attempt of a translation, but it was never finished and only translated the first dialogue in the game.

* Utsurun Desu — a simple platformer including some cutscenes in Japanese. A Russian translation patch exists.

* Cocona World — some rare game for the FDS where a witch girl must survive for around six days before becoming a beautiful princess, similar to Konami's Survival Kids in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 12:01:09 pm by KAGE-008 »

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6974 on: October 11, 2020, 06:34:45 pm »
Double Dragon (NES) Improvement
-Adds a 2-player mode and/or more enemies on screen at once
-Start with more moves and/or faster leveling
-Can gain a few extra lives or continues
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6975 on: October 11, 2020, 10:51:49 pm »
Honestly I'd like to see English translations of these three Famicom games:

* Labyrinth: Maou no Meikyuu — that rare game featuring David Bowie, who appeared in the 1986 film of the same name as well. I even did a longplay of it, which is available on WoL site. Yes, I know there was an attempt of a translation, but it was never finished and only translated the first dialogue in the game.

I thought someone already did a full translation. If not that same person you're thinking of, then someone else.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: October 12, 2020, 02:07:42 am »
I don't wanna be that guy, but the copy editor in me compels me to point this out.

I'm doing a playthrough of the 1.7 Secret of Mana Relocalized patch.

When I defeat the Biting Lizard in the cave near Luka's Palace and I obtain Undine's magic, she says a sentence that doesn't make sense gramatically.

"However, you can receive AN Spirit's power, such as Ice Saber, on your sword."

I know that the AN is probably a leftover from when the Mana Spirits were still called Elementals. English is weird so I can forgive. That watermelon smashing comedian, Gallagher, would do whole routines about the strange quirks of the English Language.

Generally, anything with a vowel for the first letter usually gets an AN before it, but the opposite is true of consanants. The only instance where this is given some leeway is H words. "An historic event" - I'm only going to guess that it's because over in the UK they don't heavily emphasize their H. So it's more like 'istoric. So they're cheating and counting it differently. "Oh, 'es an 'ealer is 'e? (Oh, he's ~A~ healer, is he?).

"An accident" - "A mistake"

You don't say "It was an mistake" because that sounds too awkward.

Sorry. Minor complaint.

October 12, 2020, 02:16:00 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Annnnnnd Luka just did it too. She said:

"Crystal Orbs are made to react to AN Spirit's power."

The "AN" would only make sense gramatically if they were still called Elementals. Because E is a vowel.

S is a consonant.

"A Spirit"

"An Elemental"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:24:44 am by WeebeeGeebee »

Killerofthenight

• View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: October 12, 2020, 06:16:44 am »
Decided to try posting here because moderators haven't approved my attempts to bump the thread.
I would love if someone could finish the translation of the Korean RPG for PC Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche.
Old translator Talbain seems to have disappeared off the web and when I contacted one person who knows him, I was told he quit translating and does not wish to be contacted. From what I've seen, he left all the work he did uploaded on Mediafire. I absolutely have no skills for translating games and I know nothing of Korean but I really hope someone could pick up where Talbain left and finish translation 100%. I also found some tools on Russian forum for cancelled Russian translation attempt so I could post them if there was someone who was seriously interested in finishing the translation.
Next year on 28th December, it will be the 20th anniversary since the game was released.

Could you please post those tools? I've found within the mediafire files some translated texts (to be honest, the whole script is translated, albeit not edited and with plenty of mistakes) and I'd like to put them into the game, just to see if it is possible to add more translated texts into the game. That would be a great help, since I don't know how to edit the text files. Thanks in advance!

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: October 12, 2020, 11:52:35 am »
Here's a thought.

A hack for Super Mario 3 that puts the Leaf into the N Card bonus game. Since, other than the Tanooki Suit and P-Wing, the Leaf is one of the most valuable items to have.

Or even crazier! Make it so that the card matching game occasionally throws in a special suit. So one time you might be able to match to get a Frog Suit, or a Tanooki Suit, or a Hammer Bros Suit, or whatever. But the rest of the items are the non-suit stuff. Leaf. Fireflower. Star. 1up (replace it with a 5up).

I just always thought it was weird how the default N Card game has the lamest prizes. Who the heck wants a plain old Mushroom? Gimmie dat Leaf!

KAGE-008

• View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: October 12, 2020, 07:12:36 pm »
I thought someone already did a full translation. If not that same person you're thinking of, then someone else.

After a double check, yes, you're right... Hopefully it'll sync with the playthrough I did with the original Japanese ROM.