News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2089131 times)

Candra Software

• I'm a thing of the past now
    • View Profile
Mario Party 1, regional music track restored
« Reply #6800 on: August 04, 2020, 02:25:56 am »
What if there was a ROM Hack of Mario Party that restores the music track Move to the Mambo in the US version?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6801 on: August 04, 2020, 03:29:25 am »
That would be neat, including restore the "Oh my god!" voice clip back to Luigi & Wario as well.

rogueKlyntar

• View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: August 04, 2020, 10:30:04 pm »
I don't suppose anybody would be willing to create an entire mod for DWM2 that adds all the missing monsters from DWQ1-3?
"Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest." - Patricia Tannis, Borderlands 2

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: August 05, 2020, 01:49:18 am »
I'm a patch for Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3, and Chakan the forever man with better double jump controls similar to the likes of Castlevania symphony of the night would be cool. It would really help with that one jump in Revenge of Shinobi near the end of the game (stage stage with the enimies jumping out of the water).

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: August 05, 2020, 07:48:07 am »
Back to the Future (NES) without the auto-scrolling levels, or reduce the amount of them before each special event.

duffmmann

• View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: August 06, 2020, 01:07:33 pm »
I'd like to ask if someone that knows what they're doing could hack Mario Golf 64.  It's easy enough to unlock all characters available in game, but even when you do, 4 character icons will remain blank, these are the Game Boy Color characters, they can only be imported with the Game Boy transfer pack, and they can't be saved in the game, when you turn the game off, they disappear until you put the transfer pack and game boy game in again.  This character select screen never being complete really triggers my OCD, and I can't add these characters in because I don't have a transfer pack for my actual N64, and more often than not I actually play Mario Golf on my hack Wii U where I'd never have the option.  My first thought was, ah, well I'll just find gameshark codes to add these players, and I found the codes I need:

Enable Code (Must Be On)   F10B1670 2400
Unlock ??   810C2900 000E
Unlock ??   810C2902 000F
Unlock ??   810C2904 0010
Unlock ??   810C2906 0011

But again, I play on the Wii U where I don't have access to a gameshark for N64 games, so I found a program called GGGuy64 that is supposed to patch gameshark codes directly to .z64 rom files, but when I try to play the patched rom, it will not load.  So I've come to my final thought, can someone hack the game to have these characters always unlocked? You could really go an extra mile if you could give them names (names are custom since they're based on what you name them in the GBC game, so they appear as ?? if unlocked with the gameshark code, but they do have real default names: Kid, Sherry, Joe, and Azalea, you can match the names with their likeness here: https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Golf_(Game_Boy_Color)).  And then one more extra thing that would be great would be to give them each custom stats, as again their stats are determined by what you made them in the Game Boy game, but surely hacking the game would allow one to adjust these stats appropriately to be in the same tiers as other available players.

I know, big request, but you don't see too many N64 mods outside of Mario and Zelda rom hacks, and this one would serve a pretty practical and appreciated desire that the game typically otherwise goes without.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: August 06, 2020, 03:16:37 pm »
Idea for Mega Man X1 to 3:
Mega Man X:
→ Remove Hadouken capsule from its current place and give it a guaranteed spot at a Sigma stage (no "must die" thing).
→ No special requirement to get Hadouken other than full armor.
→ Remove Hadouken full HP requirement.
→ Nerf Hadouken so it can be a 3 shot at best to kill a boss.
→ Make it easier to input the Hadouken (↓+Release Charge Shot, maybe?).

Mega Man X2:
→ Make the access to Shoryuken capsule easier (I wonder if there's no insta-kill spikes that can replace the instakill ones there.?)
→ No special requirement to get Shoryuken other than full armor.
→ Nerf Shoryuken so it can be a 3 shot at best to kill a boss.
→ Make it easier to input the Shoryuken (↑+Release Charge Shot, maybe?).

Mega Man X3:
→ No special requirement to get Hyper Chip other than full armor.
→ Change the Hyper Chip from its gaudy gold palette to Ultimate Armor palette (or like August Prototype palette)
→ Improve the passive energy recovery from Head Chip, to not only be faster but require a shorter wait.
→ Make Hyper Charge infinite, but with the consequence that you can only use LV3 Charge.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: August 06, 2020, 07:33:15 pm »
You know, looking at some of the point and click adventure games on the PS1, I was concerned about the ones that don't support using the mouse like the Blazing Dragons PS1 port. If there is anyone who knows how to make them work for a mouse when using the mouse emulation, let me know.

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6808 on: August 07, 2020, 03:54:41 am »
I think Starfox 64 but with Corneria's BGM being replaced with the music from the SNES version of Star Fox would be a worthwhile improvement.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

KurisuKun

• View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:21 am »
The two Naruto games on GBA are great but the music is atrocious. Anyway to make them sound effects only?

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6810 on: August 07, 2020, 11:42:36 pm »
Here's an idea
A rom hack of Mega Man 3 based on the MS-DOS Mega Man Games
- all the Robot Masters from the MS-Dos games "Mega Man" and "Mega Man 3" but with updated visuals that fit the Megaman canon design
- Better gameplay then the DOS originals
- New music
- Stages from the DOS games redesigned and improved for the NES
and additional tidbits of whoever wish to do this deed

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6811 on: August 08, 2020, 12:01:08 am »
Not so much a specific idea so much as it is a thought I had earlier, N64 modding has been showing promise lately in my opinion anyway. I hope it continues to grow... I was playing Donkey  Kong 64 and couldn't help but think how great a new DK64 based hack would be if some smart level designers made some better decisions with collectible placement, rather than just having a trail of collectibles one character couldn't obtain, only place all the collectibles intended for one character in an area where the other Kongs couldn't reach, like... or at least subtly hint which Kongs are meant to go to which areas.  Like, sure Diddy COULD reach that high up area with his jetpack, but the steep incline leads on to believe the area is more meant for Lanky. 
I tried the "Swap Kongs" mod but it just felt really unnatural to me, but now i'm replaying DK64 and been thinking of other ways the game could have done better in a more natural way.
( Peresonally speaking if we were to do a minimalist tweak to "Fix" DK64, I'd rather just enable any character to grab any minor collectible rather than do the Kong Swapping, seems more natural to me... but I digress since Im more hoping for a total conversion more than an improvement. )

EDIT: Incorporating Krusha into single player somehow would be pretty neat too now that I think about it..
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:34:49 am by pocket »
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Toku92

• View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: August 08, 2020, 05:47:03 am »

Hi, everybody!

I made a new topic in ROM Hacking Discussion but it wasn't permitted, so someone re-linked me here.

Well, I've been searching this for years... I'm talking about Dirge of Cerberus FFVII for PS2 (PAL version).

I'm not programmer or anything but I love videogames, specially Final Fantasy saga and stuff...
I don't like English dub on Japanese games, so I always select Japanese audio. But not all the FF games have this voice option, so that's why I'm here.

I've completed FFVII recently (finally), and I want to continue the story, but there's no UNDUB version of Dirge of Cerberus, and I don't know how to do it... If someone could help me with that, it would be amazing... I used to romhack NDS and PSP games, but PS2 is too hard to me...

I posted it on another forum some years ago, but I only received a reply of SkyBladeCloud (a rom-hacker who translated and undubbed some games). Maybe his little "tutorial" could help (although it's in Spanish, but you can translate it with Google):

Here's the link: http://www.lacapitalolvidada.com/foro/dirge-of-cerberus-undub-t5793.html

If someone knows how to do it or anyone knows somebody who can do it and give me a hand, I'd be so glad.
I don't know about programming but I'm interactive graphic designer, so rely on me with that.

Greetings!

PD: I got PAL version but it's too difficult for me to find JPN version. Can anybody help me? Thank you in advance.

pocket

• View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6813 on: August 09, 2020, 05:26:16 am »
I'd like the playable characters in chameleon twist 2 to be changed back to their Japanese version. I know they look more like chameleons in the sequel, but I prefer the consistency, and frankly think  they look dumb in chameleon twist 2, besides that I feel like the story is establishing that they used to be chameleons but or changed into something else entirely.

kingsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: August 09, 2020, 07:17:54 am »
This baffles me that it was never done but I would kill to see a translation of the first two one piece games for gameboy color:

I got the same wish. The GBA sequels like dragon dream would also be great but these two are a must!
Weird that there is little enthusiasm about these games while the one piece community is so huge.

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #6815 on: August 09, 2020, 01:58:38 pm »
Probably the most unrealistic idea ever, but I think it'd be interesting to see some of the 'modern' Paper Mario games reimagined as mods of the original or Thousand Year Door, with the settings and story beats of the new games redone with the old style gameplay/battle systems/NPC variety of the earlier ones.

Imagine exploring Prism Island and fighting the Koopalings like in Color Splash, except with proper partners, an RPG style battle system and mechanics more like the Thousand Year Door.

Or going from Origami King in the Thousand Year Door's engine, complete with partners like Professor Toad and Bobby getting full movesets/overworld abilities and the battles against bosses like the Legion of Stationery being traditional RPG style ones.

That would utterly amazing, and it'd be much more like the kind of Paper Mario games fans want overall.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: August 09, 2020, 06:04:21 pm »
Not the idea for a hack, but for an utility we REALLY need: a proper extractor/rebuilder/patcher for 3DS games. I burned too much time, energy and health trying to get a Pictlogica FF patch to go through because the toolkit for extraction and rebuilding is garbage and the person who made the translation was obviously too lazy to bother making even an Xdelta patch.

EDIT: And I failed to patch it too.

Heuss

• View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: August 10, 2020, 05:15:33 pm »

https://thumbs.subefotos.com/579431726ad7802efd2e7a425678d106o.jpg

Mercs Sega Genesis/Megadrive remake.

Pixelart.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:21:11 pm by Heuss »

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: August 10, 2020, 07:54:16 pm »
For any NES game with a timer that kills on 0 and a score system (Super Mario Bros., Ninja Gaiden, etc.), the score should be based on time. Every tick on the timer, and nothing else, increases points. It's better this way because death and extra lives can't be utilized for a better score. Fewer points rank higher on the leaderboard.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:07:14 pm by Jeville »

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: August 10, 2020, 08:25:13 pm »
Addendum hack for Mega Man 3 Improvement that reverts the changes made to the Boss Energy Gauge and the Energy refill animation.

I'd like to see that done too. It's a change not seen in other NES Mega Man games and would be welcome if reverted.

As for other Mega Man games, I'd love to see all five Game Boy games colorized. Either by color hacks or rebuilt from the NES games themselves.