News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2045037 times)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6660 on: June 16, 2020, 10:41:55 pm »
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier idea: Reworked Forced Evasion System:
* Heavy enemies don't get Forced Evasion. At most, they will get their guard back up, so it can be shattered again.
* Medium enemies can get both Forced Evasion and Guard, but should have a distinct pattern. For example: an enemy that has high chance of getting Forced Evasion should have less or no chance of Guard, and vice versa. Some enemies can also have one but not the other, or neither one nor the other.
* Light enemies should have Forced Evasion, but never guard.
* Additionally, try adding a countdown on screen for Forced Evasion or a cue to when Forced Evasion is about to engage.

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: June 17, 2020, 03:24:54 pm »
How about an improvement hack for Castlevania Dracula X for SNES.

-Reduce the knock back.
-Increase the recovery time.
-Improve the jumping controls to be like Super Castlevania 4.
-Restore some of the crosses and blood from the Japanese version.
-Remove the pits for the Dracula fight.

I would think this would greatly improve the game.

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #6662 on: June 17, 2020, 03:38:00 pm »

The most important suggestion that I have read in my WHOLE LIFE.
 :woot!:
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: June 17, 2020, 04:45:41 pm »
The most important suggestion that I have read in my WHOLE LIFE.
 :woot!:

Yeah seriously that fight wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the pits.

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6664 on: June 18, 2020, 07:47:00 am »

-Reduce the knock back.

Seconded. That fight at the end of CVDC was not fun so much as frustrating as all hell. It would also be nice to add more paths to change route mid level like in Rondo of Blood. The only CV with more annoying knockback was Circle of the Moon. Do NOT take away the ability to jump from, or land on stairs! Lastly, more playable characters would be nice.  8)
Insert "Witty Text" here.

cospefogo

• "Take this silver dagger to save your neck."
    • View Profile
    • Fliperamas
« Reply #6665 on: June 18, 2020, 08:01:24 am »
Seriously,

I think that most suggestions made of Castlevania Darcula X for SNES on the recent posts would require A LOT of work and ROM hacking efforts from a VERY SKILLED person on the area.

However,

Perhaps just the part of REMOVING the damn pits from the floor on the last battle could be easier to achieve... We just need to find someone ready to accept the challenge. I will ask a friend of mine — NESROCKS. He is a skilled rom "hacker"!
"Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard.
If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #6666 on: June 18, 2020, 02:01:43 pm »
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, playable Simon outside of Boss Rush Mode with platforms adjusted for his lacking jump height.
"Genocide is just another game. It doesn't matter whether it's humans or Makai residents." - Yuuka Kazami

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: June 18, 2020, 02:46:48 pm »
Seriously,

I think that most suggestions made of Castlevania Darcula X for SNES on the recent posts would require A LOT of work and ROM hacking efforts from a VERY SKILLED person on the area.

However,

Perhaps just the part of REMOVING the damn pits from the floor on the last battle could be easier to achieve... We just need to find someone ready to accept the challenge. I will ask a friend of mine — NESROCKS. He is a skilled rom "hacker"!

As long as the pits in the Dracula fight are removed that would make me happy.

June 18, 2020, 02:49:17 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Seconded. That fight at the end of CVDC was not fun so much as frustrating as all hell. It would also be nice to add more paths to change route mid level like in Rondo of Blood. The only CV with more annoying knockback was Circle of the Moon. Do NOT take away the ability to jump from, or land on stairs! Lastly, more playable characters would be nice.  8)

Changing routes mid level would be nice though I don't think it would be possible to add in more playable characters but it dose sound cool.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: June 18, 2020, 03:20:07 pm »

-Reduce the knock back.

Seriously,

However,

I am not going to be the one to do it but most of those should not be so bad for a hacker wanting to step up from basic text and tile edits.

Knock back will see your character move. Movement will track to OAM or equivalent. Set a break on write to it when you get hit, stand still and get hit. Find what alters it and reduce its scope. Removing it entirely might be more fun but changing a magnitude value in such an equation should be nothing too drastic.

Recovery time is harder but if you just did the first one you are in a good place to find the code to continue with. Should not be too drastic to bump it up.

Don't know the games in question well enough to comment here, and difficulty could vary dramatically depending upon what is needed.

Is this a censorship hack? Assuming the forest for the trees approach (that being you backport the translation to the Japanese effort) then should be reasonably within the realm of possibility for sprite and/or background image hacking, especially if you only end up having to copy and paste.

That sounds like a level edit. Bosses can be their own standalone thing but even they they are often still based on the level format used elsewhere. Don't know whether it will be coordinate style or painted in style but adding a few more ledges in the gaps ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9FX95aFyr4 ) is not likely to be too hard. Memory issues would be the most likely thing to happen there but you are unlikely to know there before you try.

cardunmax

• View Profile
A Final Fantasy of sorts
« Reply #6669 on: June 19, 2020, 11:19:38 pm »
Let's face it, the popularity of Final Fantasy VI ROTDS is there.  I got an Idea for a Final Fantasy VI Rom Hack where we take characters from other Square Enix games (And one particular Taito Game)  Use a Final Fantasy VI Rom to start with but put the new game in the world of Mana. 

The Characters for example will be changed as follows....

Terra = Lufia (From Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Locke = Randi (The Hero From Secret of Mana)

Edgar = Benji (Benjiman from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Sabin = Primm (The Girl from Secret of Mana)

Shadow = Tristam (The Treasure Hunter from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Celes = Phoebe (The Blonde Heroine from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Gau = Kaeli (The Axe Wielding Forest Girl from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Cyan = Hero (The Red Haired Protagonist from Lufia And the Fortress of Doom)

Setzer = Reuben (The Knight with a Dad from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest)

Strago = Aguro (The Other Hero from Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Relm = Jerin (The Elf Girl From Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Mog = Popoi (The Sprite from Secret of Mana)

Umaro = Vexx (The Dog from Secret of Evermore)

Gogo = Buzz (The Protagonist from Secret of Evermore)

Emperor = Thanatos (The Lich Villain of Secret of Mana)

Kefka = Carltron (The Robotic Antagonist of Secret of Evermore)

Espers would be replaced with Mana Creatures,Flamie Dragons and Professor Ruffleberg's Old Friends.

The First Half of it will exist in the World of Mana with the object of trying to stop Thanatos and Carltron from relaunching the Mana Fortress.  Carltron of Course would want to repurpose it to start a new Omnitopia.

A Disaster would not turn Mana into a World of Ruin, rather make it a composite of Mana World and Evermore, with the object of finding our heroes and stopping Carltron and Perhaps Thanatos as well.

We could call it Final Fantasy VI Mana of Evermore.

That is not a last choice.   Besides Carltron was still thinking of mischief at the end of his own game, and the actual devs never gave us a continuation.  The Sprite kid needs to reunite with his friends, and Benjammin from Mystic Quest needs a better story.

ComboMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: June 20, 2020, 10:49:00 pm »
In the classic Mortal Kombat games I've always wanted to finish off my punches and combos (MK3-MKT, unless the combos were set to auto in MKT) after the round has ended like the CPU can.  It always drove me nuts not being able to finish my string of attacks, especially when I had one more hit left to do.  I know it's not a very big idea, more like a quality of life.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6671 on: June 21, 2020, 04:33:23 pm »
Armored Core (PS1) Improvement:
Controls/interface:
-Dual analog support
-Quick turn move or faster turning in general
-Can choose to replay a mission right after finishing it
-Can equip what you just bought while in the shop interface
-Can see a comparison between what you have equipped and what you're looking at while shopping
-All menus wrap around when browsing them
-Can hover at a set altitude (trigger button (since it's not used with dual analog) or L/R3 maybe?)
-Less easy to get stuck on obstacles when moving or using the sword
-Don't lose momentum after you stop dashing
-Better camera when backing up against a wall (or transparent avatar)
-Dashing+strafing doesn't make your lock-on crosshair move towards the edge of the screen in the opposite direction unless you're circle strafing
-Added map screen compass
-The camera doesn't focus on the bottom of your mech when jumping instead of what you're looking at

-Easier to gain money early on and perhaps harder in the mid-late game

-Removed beeping in the destroy fuel depot mission and while checking the map

-Can go overweight and still enter missions but there's a speed penalty in proportion too how overweight you are

-Smarter enemies (can't shoot enemies from outside of their range without them moving, enemies don't kill themselves on cover they're standing next to (eliminate strikers mission) or shoot each other in the back (destroy unknown MTs etc.) or shoot into walls/doors when you're behind them and clearly can't be hit)

-Something more to spend money on in the late game (a better booster or generator for the 4-legs type would've been good, or hidden parts you missed could become available)

-Added clues to the hidden parts

-Better info on what you'll face for the next mission besides mid-mission ambushes

-Rebalanced difficulty (spikes: eliminate squatters, stop gas exposure, final mission (destroy floating mines); dips: worker robot removal, Destroy Plus Escapee, Destroy space catapult (cut short as you approach it and then it's easy to escape), your allies in the "stop terrorist threat" mission die a bit slower and communicate when they're getting attacked, less frustrating vertical platforming segment in the final mission (small moving platforms in a long shaft+turrets and enemies while climbing)

-Less backtracking out of the huge pit in the Kill the "Struggle" leader mission and less dead space in other missions (for example when backtracking with the captured object in the Capture Space Station mission there are no hazards or new enemies appearing)

-The humanoid legs with good carry capacity are a bit faster (not really worth using in the original)

-More varied or shorter "exterminate organisms" mission

-Can equip the best laser rifle combined with the 4-legs type legs at a minor speed penalty?
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: June 22, 2020, 12:41:35 am »
Hmmm...after seeing some rare official games that lets you play as Princess Peach on platformers, I got to thinking...I wonder if someone can do a few mod hacks to have Peach playable in the first 2 Mario Land games.

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: June 22, 2020, 02:54:54 pm »
someone needs to get this and make a patch out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTfqlFR32A

for this site

ps. dont ask me why i am not do it, i am an elderly. and as such have no knowledge of what a "dischord" is

June 22, 2020, 03:00:21 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
also, i am too stupid to check before posting to see if it's on here. LOL

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5213/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:00:21 pm by IAmCaptPlanet »

Poppler

• View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: June 22, 2020, 05:09:49 pm »
Patches for Earthworm Jim on the Mega Srdive:

- EAWJ1: Add the snes missing background in Boss 2 stage and the clouds in the bungee jumping stage if possible.

- EAWJ2: Left just one Puppy Love level alone, so the game doesn't get so long and boring. Add some snes details if possible, like the backgroudns in the food level.

nahucirujano

• View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: June 22, 2020, 05:36:49 pm »
Recently it came out Namco Museum Archives Vol 1 and 2.
Vol 1 includes a "demake" of Pac-Man Championship Edition for NES (it's an actual NES rom).
The thing is that it has a Normal mode of 5 minutes and an Extra mode (my favourite) of 3 minutes.
Would be possible to edit the game so Extra mode has 5 minutes too?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 07:19:10 pm by nahucirujano »

KiKi123

• View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: June 22, 2020, 07:52:14 pm »
I would like to request a hack to improve the extremely choppy audio in the arcade versions of both NBA Jam and NBA Jam Tournament Edition.
Can someone PLEASE make this happen?
As much as I love the arcade version of these games, I just refuse to play them with the choppy audio.
I have yet to find a MAME rom of them that doesn't have choppy audio..and I am quite certain by now that none exist.

TheUnderfaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: June 23, 2020, 07:46:47 am »
I would like to request a hack to improve the extremely choppy audio in the arcade versions of both NBA Jam and NBA Jam Tournament Edition.
Can someone PLEASE make this happen?
As much as I love the arcade version of these games, I just refuse to play them with the choppy audio.
I have yet to find a MAME rom of them that doesn't have choppy audio..and I am quite certain by now that none exist.

That's emulator related, doesn't happy in the actual arcade game.
something about the Midway Audio driver being a bitch to emulate, same thing happens with Mortal Kombat.

What emulator do you use?

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: June 23, 2020, 10:21:13 am »
I know some people probably won't like this idea, but I wouldn't mind hearing a fandub of the Digimon PSP game at some point. Or at least a fandub of the recently translated Sailor Moon PC Engine game. I mean the subs are nice and all that, but there are some people who want to hear some dialogues in English.

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: June 23, 2020, 09:14:36 pm »

-Reduce the knock back.
I just submitted a patch that removes those annoying pits, it should be available on the site soon. Until then, it can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pb2Gaewzr74qoLoDrZ5N6L5CvYUEyCCy/view?usp=sharing

Don't expect anything more from me on this game though, this was just a quick fun thing to do for a day.